rift

Non WOW & EQ gaming discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: rift

Postby Gaazy » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:49 pm

doh, i cant play it, not avail for mac

theres bound to be a secret way around that. Any of you computer guys know how I do it? Play windows games on a mac?
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Harrison » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:30 pm

Bootcamp
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:33 pm

lol, mac
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby 10sun » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:46 pm

I prefer Parallels to Bootcamp; lets me just use WinXP when necessary & I don't have to reboot into it.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Ginzburgh » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:55 pm

I'm bard ranger but when i hit 30 and my pet stops leveling ill switch to bard nightblade riftstalker.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Ganzo » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:58 pm

Once you hit 33, put 13 in Riftstalker for combo point heal, 10 in Nightblade for +dmg, and rest in Bladedancer, and go solo 3-4 above level mobs at the time in 1/4 time it takes bard to kill 1.

I still play Bard but only in instance groups or for PvP, BD is just much better for quest grinding.
גם זה יעבור

Narrock wrote:Yup, I ... was just trolling.

Narrock wrote:I wikipedia'd everything first.
Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Tossica » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:41 pm

Everyone still have a big boner for this game?
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tikker » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:07 pm

Still enjoying it personally

Have a permanent 3 man group to pwn with and eventually raid with the rest of the LoSers once we get there.

It's not eq, it's not wow

I like it but it doesn't suck me in eq style but isn't easymode like wow
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Lyion » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:12 pm

It's a slick, well packaged MMO.

If you are looking for something fun similar to EQ and WOW and evolutionary, this would be it.

If you are looking for something new and innovative, well that it isn't.

I'm having fun but my playtime is slowing down. Then again, I'm pretty much a dirty casual. There are some things I don't like, but the good definitely outweighs the bad.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby leah » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:46 pm

josh quit wow and has been playing this. he seems to love it so far. i can't bring myself to learn to play another game so i'm just going to keep puttering along with wow until i don't have anyone to play with anymore. meehhh.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby brinstar » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:06 am

there's not really that much difference tbqh
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Lyion » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:02 am

leah wrote:josh quit wow and has been playing this. he seems to love it so far. i can't bring myself to learn to play another game so i'm just going to keep puttering along with wow until i don't have anyone to play with anymore. meehhh.

If you know WOW, you know Rift.

It's easier in that there are no addons so you don't need to setup a super HUD to raid or do things properly.

The Edit Layout provides most of the functionality for UI changes that addons and mods give to WOW.

Borrow Brin's account and give it a twirl. You might like it!
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby leah » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:22 pm

i get all that, but listen: you know how everyone talks about how easy WoW is and yada yada? i tried creating a couple of alts and seriously am no good at figuring out how any other classes work. maybe it's laziness on my part that i don't do the reading or get help or whatever to figure out how to play another class, but i have not been able to figure it out on my own. i am boss at my feral druid (and do not know how to heal, tank, or boomkin), and that is literally the extent of my WoW-ing skills. even worse is that it took me probably four years to get as good at my kitty druid as i am now. so even though everyone says "zomg rift is so easy to figure out, it's just like WoW, blah blah," unless it has a kitty with which i can rake and mangle, i am just not interested in figuring it out. /shrug

it's kind of like how i stopped playing console video games (such as final fantasy games) past the SNES... i know they're technically the same thing and just involve a few more buttons, but i think there's a point where i just like to stick with what i know and am good at.

as for the add-on thing, i actually don't play with any add-ons in WoW, so that doesn't make much difference to me.

anyway, i'm not ruling it out completely, and if all of my gamer friends bail on WoW for rift, i'm sure i'll head that way, too. but for now, i'm fine without it!
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Lyion » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:23 pm

Well, it sounds like you really do not want to play another game, which is cool. It sounds like you are comfortable with your Druid and really can't be bothered to even learn a new class. That's also cool. It's your free time and whatever is fun and doesn't stress you.

All we're saying is if you do want to play with your guy, you won't have a tough time with Rift. You will have to read and get out of your comfort zone, but Rift does a good job of handholding. Not to mention you have a ton of resources here who will gladly answer your questions. Brin is near 50 as a cleric. Ganzo is a rogue. I'm a 50 mage.

Rift is pretty much a clone of WOW. The mechanics are the same. All you'd need to do is learn the souls and classes, which for most of us seems fun but doesn't sound like you are keen to do. We can pretty much sort you out here without the need to go plowing through loads of info if you want.

No worries, I'd bet your dude is back in WOWland in a few months anyways.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Ganzo » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:10 am

Lyion, where have you been hiding, come back and raid with us, we on second boss in Greenscale, need your deeps

Brin drop your guild and join Immortal Fury we can use another cleric on raids, we raid Wednesday for Rift Raids, and Friday/Saturday for Greenscale. 6-9pm PST
גם זה יעבור

Narrock wrote:Yup, I ... was just trolling.

Narrock wrote:I wikipedia'd everything first.
Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby brinstar » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:59 pm

1. i frickin knew lyion would burn out lol

2. i kinda like FC, most of them are pretty decent people. i am still enjoying my pace and don't feel like doing any serious raiding yet
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Gaazy » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:11 pm

okok, installing now

gah, I cant get the fugging sign in or any of that shit to work. I think their account section of the site or something is down, I cannot get it to go into it for the love of god, but can go anywhere else on the website
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Gaazy » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:02 pm

Wll I got the site to work and now i cant figur eout how to register. Did I go completely computer refuckingtarded or something? Did anyone else have this much trouble or do I need to contact support? Every fucking time I try to log in (yes, I have registered) at the patcher screen thing it tells me im not authenticated, but yes I fucking am
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Gaazy » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:13 pm

fucking me....just ignore me, im simple, i got it
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Drem » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:42 pm

my xbox account (with all my points /tear) wont let me enter any payment info or go to gold or anything it's the dumbest shit i've ever seen. but doing the same thing on kim's account worked fine. i hate that kinda shit
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Previous

Return to Other Worlds