Re: Dungeon Siege III

Postby Drem » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:01 pm

nice, the demo was awesome. gotta pick this up
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:12 pm

really interested in seeing if this game is as fun as the commercial makes it look (most games aren't)

but "couch co-op" loses some of its steam when your BFF moves an hour away :(
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Tossica » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:53 am

brinstar wrote:really interested in seeing if this game is as fun as the commercial makes it look (most games aren't)

but "couch co-op" loses some of its steam when your BFF moves an hour away :(

The co op really is the draw here. The single player is fun but the MP is really well done. It's not a life changing game or anything but there's enough content there to keep me happy. It's like a cross between Fable and Diablo I guess.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tossica » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:35 pm

Enjoyable from beginning to end. Will probably play through again as a different character.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Drem » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:39 pm

good to know! still wanna get this ASAP.... loved DS1 and 2. seems like this isn't really the same but it's still awesome. and squenix. yes plz
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Griever » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:13 am

I was told that co-op is just a friend being your sidekick as you go through the campaign and that the money, xp and loot isn't shared. Is this true? I'd only by this game for co-op and if that is the case it's a major flaw.
Griever
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Tossica » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:39 am

Griever wrote:I was told that co-op is just a friend being your sidekick as you go through the campaign and that the money, xp and loot isn't shared. Is this true? I'd only by this game for co-op and if that is the case it's a major flaw.

Well, you start a campaign and can play through alone if you'd like. At any time someone locally or up to 3 others on LIVE can join your game. If someone joins your game, they choose from one of your characters. The loot and advancement that you or someone else gives to those characters, stays with those characters in your game. If the character hasn't been played in a while, they automatically level up to match you. They can't take that character or any of the loot back to their local game. They can start their own local game and you can join in and help them out but again, it's their game and plotline now and you are a side kick for the most part.

I think the MP works great. You don't want someone joining your game and fucking up your storyline but it's nice to have some friends around for the really tough fights. (Nothing is REALLY tough on normal level. You need to run it on hardcore for a real challenge).
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Return to Other Worlds