what game(s) are you getting this season?

Non WOW & EQ gaming discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: what game(s) are you getting this season?

Postby brinstar » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:26 pm

vonkaar wrote:This was the one that made me laugh the most...

see that just made me sad :(
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Gaazy » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:55 am

how similar is the leveling to Oblivion?
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby vonkaar » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:09 pm

You level up at the same speed and method - the more you swing a sword, cast spells, brew potions, pick locks or practice speechcraft the faster you'll level up. However, the way you enjoy your new levels is completely changed and for the better. It's 100% opened up; allowing you to create a character of any crazy class combination or racial setup that you want. You spend the points however you want, not based on some choice you made at character creation - forcing you on some 'paladin' tree. You're born into the world a blank slate, choose the points and build your character as you please. This makes for a game with some really obvious replayability.

Level 13, had to kill a Draugr Scourge (lvl 21) last night in part of a big important underground quest. Holy shit that was stupid hard.
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Lyion » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:23 pm

The game remains primarily a skill based system, too. Levels are more of a placeholder for advancement and not as important as the skills you have.

I have noticed with Destruction all spells are not created equal. I've been adding some conjuration into the mix, also. I do much prefer this system over Oblivion as it doesn't lock you down at all. You allocate points to stamina, health, or magick, but can use perks where ever else you want.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Gaazy » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:29 pm

vonkaar wrote:You level up at the same speed and method - the more you swing a sword, cast spells, brew potions, pick locks or practice speechcraft the faster you'll level up. However, the way you enjoy your new levels is completely changed and for the better. It's 100% opened up; allowing you to create a character of any crazy class combination or racial setup that you want. You spend the points however you want, not based on some choice you made at character creation - forcing you on some 'paladin' tree. You're born into the world a blank slate, choose the points and build your character as you please. This makes for a game with some really obvious replayability.

Level 13, had to kill a Draugr Scourge (lvl 21) last night in part of a big important underground quest. Holy shit that was stupid hard.

Hmm sounds interesting. I think ill pick it up on the way home from work
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Griever » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:39 pm

I actually think leveling is faster in Skyrim than Oblivion. Not sure how to explain it but you can read this article: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/04 ... im-skills/
Griever
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Drem » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:02 pm

Depends on difficulty level too for offensive/defensive skills. I got 10 levels my first day on master because the fights are so damn long/hard. But now that one hand and armor are raising slower I get like a level or two a day. Definitely peters off, in any case. Early lvls zip by. Felt like I'd be 50 in a few days but I'm not even 20 yet
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Jay » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:58 pm

You can still lvl fast just by working on skills you havent worked on yet. I was doing magic stuffs just to horde perk pts for sneak and archery and was gaining levels really fast at 25+.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Nusk » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:17 am

playing a breton mage wearing light armor and specializing in conjuration. First time I summoned the Fire Atronach i was totally floored.

Nusk
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Drem » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:40 am

i was floored the first time i saw one of those out in the forest around riften. i love how they glide around in combat. crazy
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Jay » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:44 am

Just went over my receipts. Over 400 bucks went to video games this month. What a fantastic month for gaming! And what a terrible month for my credit card bill!
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tossica » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:43 am

Jay wrote:Just went over my receipts. Over 400 bucks went to video games this month. What a fantastic month for gaming! And what a terrible month for my credit card bill!

Yay, disposable income!
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Jay » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:08 am

Haha yeah right. Before November I hadn't bought a game since February and before that was Oct 2010. Just couldn't help myself this month. So many amazing titles.

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Drem » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:00 pm

did you get assassin's creed? is it good?? all i've been doing for a week is skyrim
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Jay » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:23 pm

I skipped it and have been meaning to catch up on the series starting with 2 but there's so many games to play that I haven't found the time. I liked the actual assassinations in AC 1 but hated the rest of the game because it was so repetitive. I heard the later installments were better but we'll see when I find some time.

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Drem » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:25 pm

they dont take much time. couple days each unless you're 100%ing. they do get better. with the additions each new one makes it makes the old games unenjoyable. brotherhood was great, rome was a great setting. i definitely recommend em. and definitely in order. going back to an old one after brotherhood would suck
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Previous

Return to Other Worlds