Skyrim

Non WOW & EQ gaming discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Skyrim

Postby Jay » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:21 pm

This game is fucking crack
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Re: Skyrim

Postby Lyion » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:46 pm

I'm playing it 3 hours a night. Up to level 10 and still absolutely no long term perk plan. I'd play it more if I had the time.. Really making me wonder about my SWTOR pre-order....
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Zanchief » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:23 pm

I've heard grumbles of people playing it on PS3 that the same Fallout 3 save data bugs are creeping up. Anyone playing this on PS3 seeing lag once the save game gets above 5MB?
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby vonkaar » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:27 pm

yup, there was a lot of talk on that on Kotaku today.

Glad I play on the Master Race© - PC. :wink:
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Gaazy » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:54 am

I havent made it that far yet, but i sure hope its nothing major because im fucking addicted. Last night I spent 4 hours running around doing nothing collecting alchemy supplies and clearing caves and towers lol. Only got as far as killing the first dragon and about halfway through the stormcloak rebellion quests and lvl 7

ps fuck giants
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Jay » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:18 am

Zanchief wrote:I've heard grumbles of people playing it on PS3 that the same Fallout 3 save data bugs are creeping up. Anyone playing this on PS3 seeing lag once the save game gets above 5MB?

Yes but it seems to go away if I restart. Small inconvenience I'd say.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Drem » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:18 pm

ok im 20 now. basically going the thief route i guess. saw a blood dragon east of markarth and had to resort to hiding under a little bridge and plucking it with maybe 70 arrows. rough but it was pretty awesome when i finally beat it. one breath attack would kill me. the dragons w/ ice breath are hell on dark elves

finally did the 7000 steps. the frost troll at the top was a beast, had to werewolf out on him

i'm still loving this game. accidentally woke up some ancient ghost that could one-shot me with diablo 2 style ice crystals to the face. had to bail and accidentally jumped off a cliff with my horse. killed the horse but it just knocked me out. now have some $1000 horse meat to cook. bullshit....
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Drem » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:23 pm

PS hey arlos, could you split all the skyrim posts from that other thread into this one please sir ?
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Kaemon » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:43 pm

I've killed 3 dragon's already, moving along and taking out Giant and Ice Troll's, yet a Bear can see me sneaking and wipe the floor with me. WTF.
Adivina wrote:We are the most bipolar acting community, bunch of manics with the mood swings on here.
Kaemon
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Drem » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:04 pm

weird, i finally got in a tuss with a brown bear and it was doable. took it maybe 4 or 5 hits to get me if i wasn't healing. giants 1 hit and dragons generally 1 or 2 hit me
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Harrison » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:57 pm

Finally getting into it, level 2, hardest difficulty.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Gaazy » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:14 pm

some of these quests are really gayified, like the college of winterhold. Ive looked motherfucking EVERYWHERE in this godamn cave and cant find the 4 artifacts. Fuck it
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Jay » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:24 pm

look on the ground

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Ginzburgh » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:14 pm

I hit level 30 this weekend after maxing out blacksmithing and enchanting. You'll jump up 15 levels in a day if you blast through those two skills. Put 40 hours into the game total and my wife told me I had to stop playing. No joke.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby vonkaar » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:39 pm

I'm at 57 hours, which is insane for me... none of the games in the past few years have made me put this kind of time in. Even Civ5 after nearly a year is only 135 hours.

Level 33... still sort of a jack of all trades guy. Primarily a sneaky-archer-mage which has been REALLY effective. I'm in my high 80s in smithing and alchemy, and probably mid 40s in enchanting. Dragons are no problem at all, I mean... they take no preparation or anything. I have 4-5 souls saved up because I haven't gone hunting the texts in a while. Giants, np. Trolls, bears, etc. I definitely don't consider myself a 'pro-gamer' or anything like that, I just think that this is a really effective build. Sneak bonus on heavily poisoned glass+ arrows with an epic glass bow one shots almost anything human-sized. If not, I can usually get 2-3 shots in before they see me and if they do manage to get close enough, they're normally nearly dead so a dual-cast, specialized with-impact firebolt finishes them off np.

The biggest headache I've had so far is with dragon priests. I've only found two and holy fuck they were fun battles. Morokei (staff of magnus) was an insane fight... dude throttled me for quite a while before I found a strategy that worked.
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Drem » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:53 pm

i've only beat krosis. the guy was ridiculously hard. but now that i took him i might go try volsung again. someone told me getting all those masks results in something pretty fucking awesome
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Kaemon » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:34 pm

Volsung was badass, Luckily I had the shadow warrior perk, ducking in and out once in a while while keeping a distance and using archery.
Adivina wrote:We are the most bipolar acting community, bunch of manics with the mood swings on here.
Kaemon
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby vonkaar » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:06 am

Yeah, I should be getting Shadow Warrior soon. It sounds badass.
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Tossica » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:07 am

Real men play Dork Souls.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby vonkaar » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:31 am

your mom
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Yamori » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:19 pm

I used to adventure in Skyrim like you guys... but then I took an arrow to the knee.
-Yamori
AKA ~~Baron Boshie of the Nameless~~
Yamori
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby vonkaar » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:51 pm

That was your 2,000th post! Yay!

Let me guess. Someone stole your sweet roll?
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Zanchief » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:43 pm

A little late to the party but I'm playing this now. Level 11 Orc Conjurer roguish type. Working out well. Fun game.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby brinstar » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:11 pm

i think i'm at mid- to upper-20s in level

i too sort of fell into the sneaky archer mage skillset except i mainly use magic for utility/healing and not so much offense.

not sure what kind of major quest arc milestones i've achieved because i have no real clue what the major quest arc is

JUST got werewolf form, did the first section of the college (dude yeah the artifacts took like 10 seconds to find). killed a bunch of dragons, haven't tangled with any giants yet

did the 7000 steps, have not even found the guy for stormcloak shit

guess i'm not playing very linear lol
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Tikker » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:50 pm

Last edited by Tikker on Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Next

Return to Other Worlds