Mass Effect 3 out today

Non WOW & EQ gaming discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: Mass Effect 3 out today

Postby Arlos » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:00 pm

Spoiler for :
KL fight? Not sure which one you mean. I do agree the ending rather blew goats, though. The final fight before the ending sequence (firing off the 2nd rocket battery before you get the dash to the beam bit) was REALLY FUCKING HARD. Partly because I had a bad party makeup for dealing with mass quantities of Banshees, but man, that was a stone cold bitch. Next time, I do NOT take Garrus, as he's fucking useless vs armored things.
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Durothil Skyreaver » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:44 pm

I can live with the ending, however.

Spoiler for :
Why the fuck were my team mates on the Normandy, how did they get there?? What happened to them? Some idea of wtf happened to everyone would have made the ending bearable
Durothil Skyreaver
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby baddwin » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:03 am

Ilike how they improve some aspect like how you can move with your character, much better then the 2 first version. End game, well not the best but i can live with it. Overall, i really enjoyed the game.
baddwin
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Menelvir » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:32 am

I apologize for resurrecting this thread, but I'm behind the curve more than a bit as it relates to buying new things as they release.

I'm actually playing ME3 for the first time this past week (I realize it came out in March), and I'm really, really, enjoying it. I acknowledge that it is definitely more RPG than anything (with some action/fps-style elements), and I do lament a few things that are missing (that I enjoyed) from ME2 (like planet scanning for minerals (which in turn gave me nostalgasms for a game I used to play called Starflight)), but on the whole it's a minor criticism. If the game had ship-to-ship combat, it would probably be almost 100% satisfying.

Things I like: it has a epic scope and feel, philosophical / moral dilemmas (which I love), plenty of drama, fps elements, strong characters (good voice acting), and it's sci-fi. Sure, the cutscenes may dominate, but they're at least as good if not better than a lot of sci-fi movies I've seen, and I'd honestly rather play a well-crafted game than watch a mediocre film.

I really like games that give such a strong sense of immersion, and this one definitely fits the bill (for me).

If I'd given up on EA/Bioware after my schism-level disappointment with Dragon Age2, I might never have played and enjoyed this. I'm glad I was willing to take a chance on ME (2 & 3), because I've found it very rewarding, independent of any judgement on whether it's right or justified to sell content post-release.
"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost." - The Dalai Lama
Menelvir
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Zanchief » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:10 pm

Having now reread this thread, I can admit that my tone may have been a bit overboard.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Lyion » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:27 am

On a side note, I read the Dr's who founded Bioware left EA recently. Many others were RIFed or departed on their own. I'm curious if the old Bioware team will start a new company. I imagine it wouldn't be too tough for them to get some venture capital.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Harrison » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:53 pm

I'm currently working through ME2 in prep to blow through ME3.

I know I'm behind.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tikker » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:52 pm

Last edited by Tikker on Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Durothil Skyreaver » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:39 pm

Yeah, I need to snag those one of these days.
Durothil Skyreaver
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Previous

Return to Other Worlds