Ingress?

Non WOW & EQ gaming discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Ingress?

Postby vonkaar » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:06 pm

http://www.ingress.com

Anyone playing this? It's a pretty robust mobile game on your (android) phone. Partially sponsored by Google. Team-based, sorta like a zoned capture the flag. My little brother got me into it and I totally love it.

yay/nay?
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Re: Ingress?

Postby 10sun » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:42 pm

None of my friends have Androids :(

I'll check it out though.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Tikker » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:53 am

Last edited by Tikker on Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby vonkaar » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:52 pm

Playing alone would be really really boring.

Not necessarily 'without friends' nearby. But, in a city without any participation? Yeah that would suck. It seems, however, that almost every city in the world plays this pretty heavily. The Germans are insane. Think Korea and Starcraft. They power-leveled someone to L8 (highest) in something like 17 hours. That would be like Gen1 EQ getting someone to 50 in less than a week.
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby brinstar » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:34 pm

outrageous forum necromancy bump!

i started playing this last... june? july?

it's pretty fun, it certainly helps you learn about the cool tucked-away features of your town (art installations all over the place, parks, historic sites, etc) plus it's good for exercise

got to L10 before taking dec-may off for student teaching, but came back this summer to find the goddamn frogs had overrun the whole town. like, it's so lopsided that we can't keep a portal blue for more than an hour before it gets swarmed. kinda makes it shitty

unless some of their best players back off or quit (or, heaven forbid, jump sides) they're gonna ruin the game for everyone else

at any rate, recommended if you...

-have a smartphone
-live in a city (that isn't totally overrun)
-like to be outside at least semi-regularly

kraidbrinstar, resistance agent
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Return to Other Worlds