Metro: Last Light

Non WOW & EQ gaming discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Metro: Last Light

Postby Drem » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:31 am

Direct sequel to Metro 2033. Finally picked it up. Same dudes that made the STALKER games. Now i can burn down cumbersome spider webs with my lighter and wipe blood off the visor of my gas mask. Guns feel incredible to shoot, not capguns like call of duty. The surface is clearing up, slightly, compared to 2033. It's sort of refreshing to play a linear game with lots of secret stashes, opposed to all the semi-schizophrenic open world madness i've been deep in for the last few years

Anybody else play these games?
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Re: Metro: Last Light

Postby Zanchief » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:57 am

I've only played Metro 2033 and it wasn't my thing. I really wanted to like it but it has some performance issues, and has spooky enemies appear out of nowhere syndrom. Not my cup of tea. I may go back to it to see if it grows on me.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Tossica » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:18 am

Loved Metro!
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby 10sun » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:05 am

Just realized I got the first one as part of a Humble Bundle. Installing now... but for the rest of the weekend I'm heading up to Detroit for shenanigans.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby brinstar » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:52 am

first one was good despite testing the limits of my tolerance for cheap scares, though in the end i think it doesn't hold a lighter to stalker games

fun fact - i played the entire game with russian dialogue and english subtitles so it would feel even more authentic

last light is on my radar for sure, just waiting for price to come down a bit i think
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Drem » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:59 pm

I studied russian and dont like playing it with russian dialogue. a lot of small banter between NPCs inside stations wasn't subtitled at all. And mouth movements don't fit. breaks the realism for me

Think i played thru 2033 three times. For both endings (the hidden morality aspect of the game was sweet) and then Ranger Hardcore. Looking forward to doing it again. I love the camera work and how immersive it is

I can't compare this to STALKER. Not the same type of game. And they're both dope. I enjoy Metro because it's so linear. Makes me feel like i'm playing a new game in an oldschool style. And i see lots of nice design features shared with STALKER. I like the metro setting better than chernobyl, too, but that's just me
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:07 pm

Drem wrote:I can't compare this to STALKER. Not the same type of game.

oh totally, i didn't mean it as a direct comparison
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Arlos » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:23 pm

Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Return to Other Worlds