Playstation Plus

Non WOW & EQ gaming discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Playstation Plus

Postby Reynaldo » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:18 pm

I have to say i was a little butthurt having to join ps+ for 50 bucks to play online multiplayer for ps4. But after joining, I have since downloaded Kingdoms of Amalur and Uncharted 3 for "free" and it seems like they pretty regularly put content on there so it's not as bad as first thought.

I've decided to make the conversion from PC to console gaming since I quit EQ so getting more into the downloadable stuff on the playstation. KOA is pretty nifty so far.
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Re: Playstation Plus

Postby Zanchief » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:57 pm

They have started doing a better job promoting PSN with offers and such. It used to be terrible.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Lyion » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:57 pm

One didn't have to own PSN to use multiplayer for PS3. I hope that's not the case for PS4. It was a big reason I did very little on Xbox, even though my boy loves it as all his school friends were on Xbox.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Zanchief » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:08 pm

PSN is mandatory for PS4.

It sucks but PS has been doing a good job including a lot of free stuff with the subscriptions. I know a lot of friends who use it currently with PS3 and aren't the types to waste money.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Tikker » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:32 pm

Last edited by Tikker on Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Reynaldo » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:10 pm

The good part is that ps+ is cross platform so you can DL free content for ps3 ps4 and vita.

I would imagine they'll break it off later at some point and/or make it a monthly thing to squeeze more moolah out of people
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Zanchief » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:21 pm

Possible. They'd be foolish to do that though. They need to get more people in the store downloading things in order to get people to pay for anything. PSN actually has the best deals on rented content. Much better than any PPV or On Demand services in my region, and streams really well. Problem is, no one uses it because they offer no incentive. Seems foolish when you consider what Netflix is doing. They should have free content in the multimedia library for Plus subscribers and premium content as well. Get people streaming on it and you have new customers. I've always found Sony lacking in the marketing department.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Reynaldo » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:33 am

Borderlands 2 is the free download game of the month in PS+.

I hear it's good /shrug
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Return to Other Worlds