Divinity: Original Sin

Non WOW & EQ gaming discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Divinity: Original Sin

Postby Harrison » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:39 pm

I've recently put in a few hours to try it out before sinking in the money on Steam.

I'm going to go ahead and do it. It's a pretty amazing oldschool style RPG in the manner of Neverwinter Nights, Baldur's Gate, etc. but it's significantly less clunky.

Dialogue options between the characters you control directly affect skill ratings, dispositions, and a bunch of shit. It's weird at first but you'll get it after a few times it happens. (Basically taking both sides of the conversation where you feel like it and creating a distinct personality for each of the characters you control with tangible outcomes of those decisions in the way of skills adjustments.)

I'll update this the more I play it. It's looking promising and the reviews seem to back up that sentiment.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Re: Divinity: Original Sin

Postby Zanchief » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:40 pm

Read about it. Not in the market for a game right now, since my free time is pretty minimal but it looks really awesome.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Reynaldo » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:17 am

As a BG nerd, I'll probably give this a shot. Looks pretty cool
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Drem » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:35 pm

is this the same franchise as the old divine divinity? because I got that during steam sale, looks like a lot of fun
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Return to Other Worlds