Fallout 4

Non WOW & EQ gaming discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: Fallout 4

Postby Drem » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:51 pm

New Vegas sucks ass, don't listen to his lies, brin. The most boring Fallout game ever made. Especially coming from the guy that thinks Dark Souls 2 is the best one lol
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Arlos » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:45 pm

Zanchief wrote:Each faction have a series of looping quests similar to the guild quests in Skyrim. I hated those two.

Brin, New Vegas is the best of all the things you're talking about since it has the strongest main story (by far) and actually has a pretty robust faction system. Actions do kind of consequence when they're with one of the factions (probably about 10 in total).

I'm pretty much done with this game. Got all three ending, started dicking around with my town, then I had a bunch of annoying bugs like walls I couldn't place and stuff like that so it took the wind out of my sails with my interest in that stuff. Moving on to Bloodborne now.

I'd rank Fallout 4 as the worst fallout game. I haven't played Tactics, but I heard that one kind of stinks though. I'm hoping they put some effort into the DLC. They often make great DLC.

Like I said before, New Vegas bored me so much I just stopped playing it due to lack of interest. That after really enjoying Fallout 3.

On the other hand, I really enjoyed Fallout Tactics. Just about my favorite Fallout-related game, to be quite honest.

I haven't gotten into 4 yet. Did enough to leave the vault and go to your old house, but that's it. Have done nothing since that. Having trouble mustering enough interest to start delving. Hindbrain remembers just how bored I was in New Vegas, and is telling me not to play this one. And to be quite honest, having to spend hours doing The Sims: Wasteland Edition in order to get decent shops or reliable income really turns me off. I really don't want to spend hours upon hours townerbating.

Also, having no way of highlighting interactable items in a room or area bugs me too. I don't want to have to drag my mouse/viewpoint all over the screen just on the chance that it lights up with "Hey! You can do something with that thing that often looks no different from background rubble!" This bugged me in Fallout 3 too, but I was more tolerant of annoying warts back then. I have less time to play now, so issues that get in the way of running around exploring without having to take 10 minutes to search every room are greatly magnified in annoyance.
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Drem » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:26 pm

Yeah I did the same. 30 or 40 hours on the pc and didn't like it, started again on xbox and realized it's more like fallout 3. They didn't keep much from New Vegas, thankfully (ammo weight lol)

There isn't a way to highlight, but they streamlined it so you quickly learn what you can and cannot loot. No more endless amount of boxes, only a few types of containers that are all certain colors and very obvious. Still tons of individual items layin around tho

I also loved Tactics. So good. 1 & 2 i could never get into, i was a Baldur's Gate 1 addict (because i'm obsessed with aimless exploration, such a great map), and i thought combat in fallout was sooooo boring

But Zanchief spot on about the story. New Vegas had great writing and factions. The dialogue was great. Hilarious even
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Zanchief » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:32 pm

I never said Dark Souls II is the best of the series. I said Dark Souls II ruined me on Dark Souls because the gameplay is tighter so when I play Dark Souls now I find the mechanics clunky by comparison.

New Vegas is the best in the series though. There's shit to do in NV. Fallout 3 has very little too do and enemies are very repetitive. Try playing Fallout 3 again. I can never get through it because it's so tedious. I can still play New Vegas because the story options are interesting. Plus survival mode is beyond awesome. You need to drink and eat. Drinking out of a toilet because you have no other options makes for a great game. Engine is still clunky though. Fallout 4 did that much. Game plays and looks great. You could say that Fallout 4 ruined New Vegas for me I guess.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Drem » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:56 pm

Wow the story is awful. So awful I turned it down to Very Easy so I could sprint thru everything. Glad I didn't touch it til I got burned out on everything else. Glad it's over, ahahahah. This game desperately needs the help of the modding community. And some DLC

Witcher 3 time
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Zanchief » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:25 pm

Yea the story is really bad. Worst in the series so far.

Loving Bloodborne right now.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Drem » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:15 pm

I still think the exploring and UI polish is best yet, and that's fine because that's why I play but there's no way I'll be doing all three endings of that horse shit

I wish I had a PS4, but I've got Forza so I'm good. Which I'm finding out the hard way is only played online by people that have been racing these courses since Forza 1...... last place every time, yay. I don't remember what else is an Xbox exclusive but I'm pretty sure they're all shit.

When Gran Turismo 7, Last Guardian, and Dark Souls 3 are out I'll try to get a PS4. Is BB better than DS? I hear there's no block function, just dodge?
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Jay » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:36 pm

3 was my favorite but maybe I would have liked New Vegas more if I had played it first. I played New Vegas and didn't have as much fun as I did with 3.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Drem » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:31 pm

Survival mode overhaul is gonna be nice. DLC plan is gonna be outlined soon. Also they added settler menus too, finally. Starting to shape up!

Wish i could say the same about Battlefront
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Zanchief » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:05 pm

Drem wrote:When Gran Turismo 7, Last Guardian, and Dark Souls 3 are out I'll try to get a PS4. Is BB better than DS? I hear there's no block function, just dodge?

How did I miss this post...

Yea no blocking really. It's all dodging and enemies hit really hard. Many enemies can kill you with a simple combo. Poise is way down so most enemies can be stun locked but so can you. It takes some time to get used to. I don't have a PSN+ account so I can't go online (I heard I could without Plus but you need it) so I don't know if that is partly why I find the game much harder, but there are a few bosses that are really hard, especially in NG+ (where I'm at right now), but some of the level designs and atmosphere is really good. Best of the series so far. All in all it's different enough to keep my attention but similar enough for me to enjoy it. It's worth playing for sure.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Previous

Return to Other Worlds