Postby Drem » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:24 pm

looks dated. those dog animations were awful
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Re: Fallout 4

Postby Jay » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:27 pm

I will still fling my money at this.

Although tbh I wasn't in love with New Vegas.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Zanchief » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:53 pm

There are many things I preferred about New Vegas and many things I preferred about Fallout 3. Lets hope this is the best of both. Bugs are my biggest concern though. They ruined almost all of Bethesdas games so far.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Arlos » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:17 pm

I wasn't a fan of New Vegas either. Actually, I never finished it. I got TO vegas, and meh, just had no interest in continuing. Enjoyed Fallout III tho.
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Jay » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:21 pm

Bugs are a staple of Bethesda games =P

Seriously, no company has buggy games like Bethesda does.

I didn't hate New Vegas. I liked it and finished it. I just wasn't a drooling fanboy of it like I was with Fallout 3, or Oblivion, or Skyrim. I hope to be totally immersed in Fallout 4 though.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Zanchief » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:09 pm

I much preferred New Vegas to Oblivion and Skyrim. Those games were just tedious. Every quest is the same, every encounter is the same, every dungeon is the same. After a while I would play them simply out of obligation and because I'm a completionist, but man did it become a grind.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Drem » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:32 pm

i think the strength of Skyrim comes from its mods. great mods that make it much much better than Bethesda originally did

i played it like crazy when it first came out. no mods. it got really boring by the end. i still haven't been able to trudge thru any of the DLC

Witcher 3 has really set the bar at this point. Bethesda should be taking notes
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Jay » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:36 pm

Is it worth it to get Witcher 3 having not played Witcher 1 and 2?

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Drem » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:00 pm

yea you can play it without playing 1 or 2, but those explain a lot

great games imo
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Harrison » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:08 am

I was fully erect during that trailer.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Drem » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:34 pm

Ya no doubt it'll be great. I just think Bethesda really phones in a lot of their animations. Ever since oblivion
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:03 am

Drem wrote:i think the strength of Skyrim comes from its mods

every. goddamn. time.
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Drem » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:31 pm

Unbelievable time distortions. Space is the place Mean Gene Okerlund. Go down that lonesome highway, yeah!
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Jay » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:29 pm

And the beat goes on?

And the beat goes on and the beat goes on yeah!

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Drem » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:58 pm

Well I'm really enjoying it so far but all I've really done is the first quest into Concord and building up Sanctuary. Gonna start documenting the journey. But I'm not tagging every post with spoilers so y'all been warned

SPOILERS AHEAD

The minutemen introduction and first death claw fight were great. I got a high spot but it just ducked behind a building til i came back down, bobbing and weaving the minigun as it ran at me. I'm playing on Survival difficulty and have died quite a bit. AI seems a lot better

Walked into a garage and a ghoul rolled off the top of a tool cabinet and I blew an arm off him but he keep fighting my dog. Dog ripped off the other arm but he kept coming til I gibbed his head. Could not drop the ghouls near where you meet minutemen. Tried heading towards Corvega factory but mobs got way too tough really quick. So I just went back to Sanctuary and salvaged everything in sight and have been building up the town
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Drem » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:50 am

Spent a lot more time building Sanctuary up. Went to all settlements i had (gas station and drive in) and salvaged everything to put it into Sanctuary. Started dipping into Lexington and the Super Duper Mart but ghouls are fuckin rough at this point. Starting on the highest difficulty always is in these games tho. Walked past the Super Duper Mart and saw a couple guys up on a catwalk and one of yelled somethin like "where you think you're goin?" and then i was in slow motion dying in 7 different pieces, explosions everywhere. I haven't found a single unique weapon yet. Anybody else? Everything's just modified shit. The crafting system's got me caring more about desk fans and hot plates more than armor or weapons, which I often leave behind now. In a lot of the places I visit I don't find one single rare or unique or useful item, just shitloads of garbage. It's sort of NV all over again.

I really like how they've made every piece of junk break down into something useful, and you can highlight what you need so it shows up with a magnifying glass next to it on the loot list if it's something that breaks down into a component you were looking for. I also still think the dog is just great. Best sidekick I've seen in a game yet. Still kinda miffed about AMD performance issues. I still don't think it's right that Skyrim runs at 1600x900 at max graphics and stays 50-60fps, but this shit, which is the same graphics engine, barely runs at 1280x760 with an ultra low graphics patch. It's only been a couple years, what the fuck did they change that makes it borderline unplayable on my video card?

I love the weird new radio DJ. So awkward. Extremely disappointed tho that 3/4 of the songs I've heard so far are songs I've already listened to for 300 hours in Fallout 3. How can they get away with that? At least New Vegas was 100% fresh music that fit the setting. I hope at least four more stations unlock throughout the course of the game. I never understood why they thought 20 songs or whatever was enough for the first game. Now it seems even worse, with only a couple good new tracks. Most of the new ones are terrible. Especially the one that says "Atom bomb girl blah blah blah, I want her in my wigwam." Weak
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Jay » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:13 pm

Drem wrote:Spent a lot more time building Sanctuary up. Went to all settlements i had (gas station and drive in) and salvaged everything to put it into Sanctuary. Started dipping into Lexington and the Super Duper Mart but ghouls are fuckin rough at this point. Starting on the highest difficulty always is in these games tho. Walked past the Super Duper Mart and saw a couple guys up on a catwalk and one of yelled somethin like "where you think you're goin?" and then i was in slow motion dying in 7 different pieces, explosions everywhere. I haven't found a single unique weapon yet. Anybody else? Everything's just modified shit. The crafting system's got me caring more about desk fans and hot plates more than armor or weapons, which I often leave behind now. In a lot of the places I visit I don't find one single rare or unique or useful item, just shitloads of garbage. It's sort of NV all over again.

Fuckin FOR REAL. Typewriters, desk fans and any kind of adhesive and it's like an early wasteland Christmas. I have it on hard, not hardest and so far I am destroying raiders and super mutants in 2 shots (to the head, no vats). I have a modified 10mm with the best gun nut 2 mods and a suppressor. Anytime I've been in actual trouble, I bust out Kellogg's revolver @ 84 damage a shot. I'm currently lvl 17 with all my points possible in loner, gun nut, the hand guns perk, the non auto rifles perk, sneaking and lockpicking.

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Durothil Skyreaver » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:05 pm

I have 80 hours into this already. I haven't even been to Diamond City yet. Settlements have sucked up so much of my time, as I am a total sucker for building stuff. Setting up supply lines and building defenses has taken up the bulk of my gameplay.
Durothil Skyreaver
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Drem » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:52 pm

I haven't found any named guns yet. Playing on Survival is ridiculous. Raiders don't give me too much trouble, but I haven't been very deep yet. I finally killed some Mirelurks, just had to kite em around in circles for 15 minutes.

All I've really explored is the northwest and a little bit of Lexington. I haven't found many traders so I made a b-line down to the Diamond City Market, which has the sweet Megaton vibe. Lots of traders and even a robot at one of the stores that keeps it open 24/7

I'm only at 29 hours but I hear ya on the settlements, Duro. I scrapped the entire drive-in theater for Sanctuary supplies. Built myself a huge 3-story guard tower on the center foundation in Sanctuary. So far I found one outpost in the North that had a power armor raider that glitched into a wall, so got lucky there. Also just found one right above Diamond City that I think I want to keep because it has sweet walls and doors put up already. Might as well have a nice little base in the thick of it.

Found it's been a lot easier to wall the place up using tons of fence posts rather than fences, which seem to never want to connect right or follow the ground.

What's the best way to get more settlers? I built a radio tower. I found two people in the wasteland in some house and thought I could recruit them but they wouldn't talk at all. I killed the old man to see what he was packin but the little kid ran off and I followed her into a bunch more shit that ended up being nice loot, so I just rolled with it. Might've lost out on a settler. Definitely got a nice shotgun
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Drem » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:13 pm

Jay wrote:I have it on hard, not hardest and so far I am destroying raiders and super mutants in 2 shots (to the head, no vats). I have a modified 10mm with the best gun nut 2 mods and a suppressor. Anytime I've been in actual trouble, I bust out Kellogg's revolver @ 84 damage a shot. I'm currently lvl 17 with all my points possible in loner, gun nut, the hand guns perk, the non auto rifles perk, sneaking and lockpicking.

Bump it up to Survival. Makes combat better/harder because everything becomes HoT instead of insta heal. You're still able to exploit the shit out of Bethesda's terrible AI. Like that first Deathclaw when you get the power armor and minigun. I just stayed behind a doorway and he couldn't hit me. Just stood there and let me kill him. It does make fights with 4 or 5 ghouls unbeatable for me atm tho. Fuck the new ghouls. They're keeping me out of Lexington atm. Crazy little bastards

Still haven't seen tons of monsters I wanna see tho. Radscorpions, fire ants, wru?

I'm only lvl 11. I put most of my points into Luck and Charisma so far. Kinda all over the place with perks
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Jay » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:09 pm

Hahaha I did bump it up and I went to the Railroad HQ and those guys were juking like Barry Sanders when I was trying to aim it was pretty funny. 3 together and I got mopped.

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Drem » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:57 am

Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Durothil Skyreaver » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:25 am

Just finished up my playthrough - 104 hours played, with tonnes of the map unexplored. Going to take a break and do another playthrough and explore the shit out of everything.
Durothil Skyreaver
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Jay » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:22 am

After playing for 43 hours so far I've come to the conclusion that it's like a 7/10. The roleplay options are less than previous fallouts. All enemies are generic and uninteresting. All quests are "go here, kill this, or grab this, or blah blah." Oblivion had more depth than this. Fallout 3 had more depth than this. Yeah you can turn up difficulty but to me there's no reward or gameplay content or story that makes doing that worthwhile. I could build a base, but why? I don't give a shit about any of those people lol.

Companion AI sucks ass. The companions always ruin my stealth and get in my way. If you use the lone whatever perk you pretty much have no need for a companion.

VATS went from too powerful to worthless. They improved the FPS mechanics, which made VATS unnecessary.

The open world itself is pretty boring but so was Fallout 3's. Actually that's the one thing that I'll give Fallout New Vegas the edge on.

As for the characters and personalities, they all sucked cept for Nick Valentine.

I dunno I liked the game, but Fallout 3 blew me away. Recently, MGS 5 blew me away. I guess I was kind of expecting Fallout 4 to be another masterpiece like Skyrim was to me and it was just a decent game. Nothing spectacular.

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Drem » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:12 pm

Why was F3 world so boring? So far it's the only Fallout where every single location had a unique reward. A comic, a bobblehead, a holotape, a ham radio w/ secret sewer nearby, a funny scenario like Gary, a disturbing scenario like the town of little kids, a unique weapon, etc. NV was mostly empty and vast and at least half the locations had no useful or meaningful loot. F4 is even worse, where like i said earlier, i'm leaving Fat Mans behind so i can pick up more aluminum cans and hot plates to go play The Sims. I was really into it for the first couple days but, the story is too cookie cutter for me to care and the exploration hasn't been very rewarding so I'm back to diablo 3 and skyrim. Stopped at 36 hours, just inside diamond city

Some may not care but I think the removal of stats all together was a really dumb idea. What am I leveling up? My total HP and a new perk. That's it

And let's not forget it's still buggy as fuck. Enemies always in walls, in posts, under the world, in a rock, weird freezing/crashing. Same old shit, waiting for the fans to fix it for them while Todd Howard rolls around in money

Totally agree about the uninspired dialogue and lack of choices, too. Still really sour about Diamond City Radio. I think there's less tracks than the other games and I just still can't believe it's 80% re-used FO3 tracks. Lazy motherfuckers

I hope the next Elder Scrolls game isn't this disappointing
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Next

Return to Other Worlds