PS4 is dumb

Non WOW & EQ gaming discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

PS4 is dumb

Postby Tossica » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:52 am

So, I've had it for like 5-6 months now and it's pretty lame.

I don't see a big improvement from the last generation to be honest.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Re: PS4 is dumb

Postby Harrison » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 am

Both the new generation are barely better at all.

When the PS3 came out I "HAD" to have it.

When the PS4 came out, I said; "I can wait."
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Drem » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:48 pm

I said "I can get a computer"

I'm with ya, this generation doesn't make me need it like the last one

My 360 is just an expensive Netflix player at this point. Only console I played in the last year is my NES. Still the best
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Durothil Skyreaver » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:03 pm

Last console I bought was Gamecube//PS2 whichever came out first. I did buy a Retron5, just to be able to backup my NES and SNES saves for Dragon Warrior 1-4 and all my SNES RPGs.
Durothil Skyreaver
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Tossica » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:25 am

I got thousands of hours of play out of my 360. Probably more than any other console I've owned.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Zanchief » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:40 am

So this is a thread about how XBox is better than Playstation.

What a surprise.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Jay » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:43 am

The leap from PS2 to PS3 was enourmous. The leap from PS3 to PS4 is just more of the same but with more processing power and more stuff you can put on the screen.

I've been playing Destiny: The Taken King which so far has been a lot of fun but by no means a MUST have and it is an FPS so I'm sure CS:GO wrecks it's face or whatever. It's a great shooter for people who don't play shooters though (me).

Looking forward to Dragon Quest Heroes, Uncharted 4 and otherwise, there's nothing coming up that isn't playable on PC.

EDIT: I do use it as a media center PC though so it plays local videos on my TV, but I guess any last gen system can do that...
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:03 am

i wanted to get a ps4 since my ps3 died but honestly with what little time i am able to spend on gaming i find my desktop is adequate

haven't upgraded anything in a few years so i can't run all the biggest newest games with the best framerates or w/e but it does DS:PTDE just fine and most of the other stuff i play isn't 3D anyway
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Tossica » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:44 am

Zanchief wrote:So this is a thread about how XBox is better than Playstation.

What a surprise.

Ugh, no. Just saying the last generation held it's own for like 8-9yrs. This gen has been out for a while now and is still pretty "meh" all around.

Soma is pretty amazing though, I gotta say. Bloodborne is cool and scratched that DS itch for a while but is nothing that couldn't have been done on the PS3. Alien Isolation is good but not so good I can't put the controller down for weeks at a time. I bought the Mordor game which seems decent from the 15 minutes I was able to play it. Elder Scroll Online is... *yawn* what was I talking about again?

I think this gen of consoles are dead in the water. Looking forward to a few must have titles or an affordable PC based "console" to take off.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Zanchief » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:16 pm

I'm going to get a PS4 for Bloodborne and Fallout 4 but I can wait. The thing about the PS3 specifically is that it had very little RAM which made making games for it very difficult. You may not see everything since, like others have said, the graphical bump from PS2 to PS3 (HD) was huge, and this one isn't. But going from 256mb of RAM to 8GB is huge.

It's better. The prince point might seem steep, but this console was needed since the last was almost a decade old, as was the tech.

The kick in the pants for me as that they aren't backwards compatible. Also, there have been many must have titles yet. Fallout 4 is going to change that though. Dark Souls III as well in March.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Jay » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:02 pm

Tossica wrote:

What a surprise.

Ugh, no. Just saying the last generation held it's own for like 8-9yrs. This gen has been out for a while now and is still pretty "meh" all around.

Soma is pretty amazing though, I gotta say. Bloodborne is cool and scratched that DS itch for a while but is nothing that couldn't have been done on the PS3. Alien Isolation is good but not so good I can't put the controller down for weeks at a time. I bought the Mordor game which seems decent from the 15 minutes I was able to play it. Elder Scroll Online is... *yawn* what was I talking about again?

I think this gen of consoles are dead in the water. Looking forward to a few must have titles or an affordable PC based "console" to take off.

PS3 took a little while to come into it's own with the exclusive games. I still think it's "early" but then again once Street Fighter V comes out I probably won't be playing anything else.

Not sure if it's cuz I'm older and have kids to play with or if games just aren't as good but I'm just really not extremely excited about video games lately save MGSV which I just put 80+ hours into.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Drem » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:11 pm

I was excited when the arcade titles started blowing up and we got Fez, Limbo, Braid, Bastion, Geometry Wars, Shoot Many Robots, State of Decay, and a bunch of remakes of old awesomeness. Then that seriously dropped off a couple years ago for whatever reason and now I feel like you do. I can't even think of a game in the works that I know about except Fallout 4
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Zanchief » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:14 pm

Dark Souls 3!?!
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Drem » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:16 pm

I thought about that right when I hit submit
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Lyion » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:11 pm

What a surprise.

Old habits die hard. ;) I'm sure the Bluray still makes him twitch.

I'm displeased you have to pay for Multiplayer for the PS4. That said, the freebees have been fairly decent the last year. To be fair, my older kids still use the 360 more, but that's less about the console and more about their friends and old games.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Zanchief » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:35 pm

I agree about the online play for PS4. Really sucks. I guess it's just the way of it now. I don't think I'm going to bite the bullet so my dark souls experience will be diminished.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Tossica » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:38 pm

Zanchief wrote:I agree about the online play for PS4. Really sucks. I guess it's just the way of it now. I don't think I'm going to bite the bullet so my dark souls experience will be diminished.

DS MP works without PS+
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Zanchief » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:23 am

Excellent. So who decides if you need it or not?
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Tossica » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:37 pm

Zanchief wrote:Excellent. So who decides if you need it or not?

I think if a game has it's own MP servers, you don't need to pay for PS+.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Jay » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:04 am

Dragon Quest Heroes is kinda ass. It's ok at best. I was really disappointed though and I think I had wrong expectations going in. I was expecting a nice JRPG and what I got was Dynasty Warriors with Dragon Quest characters.

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Zanchief » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:18 am

So who's getting Fallout 4 next week?

*raises his hand*
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Durothil Skyreaver » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:22 am

Yup. I have a nice 5-day weekend that coincides with its release too!
Durothil Skyreaver
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Lyion » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:33 am

Bought it for the PS4 today, 10 dollars off from Amazon for Prime.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tossica » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:13 am

Not seeing the $10 off for prime.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Jay » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:01 am

I was told to get it on PC since there's mods and all that shit for it.

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Next

Return to Other Worlds