PS4 is dumb

Non WOW & EQ gaming discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: PS4 is dumb

Postby Lyion » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:46 am

Toss, add it to your cart and it shows up in checkout if you have Prime.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tossica » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:40 pm

Got it. Still had to pay $3 in tax but better than a kick in the nuts.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Drem » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:34 pm

Jay wrote:I was told to get it on PC since there's mods and all that shit for it.

Construction kit doesn't come out for a few months after the game release tho. Todd Howard said it won't be out til next year

I don't have a next gen console so will be getting this for PC. Can't wait. I would say it's better on PC in the end, after the community makes a bunch of really great patches and add appropriate new content and polish the whole thing more than Bethesda will. Mods saved Oblivion for me. Vanilla Oblivion sucked
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Durothil Skyreaver » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:32 pm

Drem wrote:
Jay wrote:I was told to get it on PC since there's mods and all that shit for it.

Construction kit doesn't come out for a few months after the game release tho. Todd Howard said it won't be out til next year

I don't have a next gen console so will be getting this for PC. Can't wait. I would say it's better on PC in the end, after the community makes a bunch of really great patches and add appropriate new content and polish the whole thing more than Bethesda will. Mods saved Oblivion for me. Vanilla Oblivion sucked

I never managed to finish Fallout New Vegas due to the endless stream of fantastic mods. I'm feverishly trying to wrap it up right now before FO4 comes out. They are moving back to the Morrowind style armor system too, which is awesome. Individual armor pieces of body parts - arms, legs, chest, head. Looks like you may be able to mix and match pieces which is awesome.
Durothil Skyreaver
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Arlos » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:08 am

I never finished New Vegas. Dunno, it just didn't grab me, got boring, and nothing I saw as I got to Vegas renewed my interest. I'll play Fallout 4, tho.
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Zanchief » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:51 am

If you didn't even enter the strip you played about 1/5th of the game and didn't experience any of the story. New Vegas has plenty of problems, but their mostly technical. The game itself is fantastic.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Tossica » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:04 am

I never finished 3 and barely started New Vegas but of course I need to add another game to the pile of games I will eventually play when I retire.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Lyion » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:47 am

I played all the way through New Vegas, but it didn't grab me either. I'm not sure why.

I think my opinion of New Vegas is comparable to Skyrim. Great game, but didn't drag me in nearly as hard as it's predecessor.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Zanchief » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:00 am

I had more fun with Fallout 3 because I think the jokes are better and because of the newness of it, but having replayed both a few times, New Vegas is the better game. The main story is much better, and the fact that the game actually progresses in regard to loot and enemies makes a big difference. You can conceivable get the best weapon in the game in the first 30 minutes of your playthrough in FO3 and never change. Plus there are certain things about FO3 that just break the game, like Chinese Stealth Armor and, well, Dogmeat (which was never patched).
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Tossica » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:38 am

I may have missed out. I only played Vegas for a few minutes and it seemed like a FPS based on the Fallout franchise. haha. Ooops. Will have to go revisit.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Zanchief » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:14 pm

New Vegas is also much harder, especially on Harcore mode, which is pretty much a requirement to play on for maximum enjoyment.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Drem » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:24 pm

Zanchief wrote:I had more fun with Fallout 3 because I think the jokes are better and because of the newness of it, but having replayed both a few times, New Vegas is the better game. The main story is much better, and the fact that the game actually progresses in regard to loot and enemies makes a big difference. You can conceivable get the best weapon in the game in the first 30 minutes of your playthrough in FO3 and never change. Plus there are certain things about FO3 that just break the game, like Chinese Stealth Armor and, well, Dogmeat (which was never patched).

Chinese Stealth Armor was bomb. At that point everyone had already put hundreds of hours into the game and was already OP, so might as well get some god-mode armor

I disagree about NV though. All it had going for it was the enemies that didn't scale, iron sights, and hardcore mode. The game was buggy, linear, boring, shipped incomplete (you couldn't even go to half the map, locked gates obviously signaling the DLC they expected you to buy), and was really lacking the atmosphere of F3. It felt like B Team material, just like Dark Souls 2. Not surprised to see people didn't even bother with it
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Jay » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:47 pm

LOL
Attachments
fallout4.jpg
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Drem » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:49 pm

Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Zanchief » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:12 pm

Drem wrote:
Zanchief wrote:I had more fun with Fallout 3 because I think the jokes are better and because of the newness of it, but having replayed both a few times, New Vegas is the better game. The main story is much better, and the fact that the game actually progresses in regard to loot and enemies makes a big difference. You can conceivable get the best weapon in the game in the first 30 minutes of your playthrough in FO3 and never change. Plus there are certain things about FO3 that just break the game, like Chinese Stealth Armor and, well, Dogmeat (which was never patched).

Chinese Stealth Armor was bomb. At that point everyone had already put hundreds of hours into the game and was already OP, so might as well get some god-mode armor

I disagree about NV though. All it had going for it was the enemies that didn't scale, iron sights, and hardcore mode. The game was buggy, linear, boring, shipped incomplete (you couldn't even go to half the map, locked gates obviously signaling the DLC they expected you to buy), and was really lacking the atmosphere of F3. It felt like B Team material, just like Dark Souls 2. Not surprised to see people didn't even bother with it

Locked Gates? There are two areas with areas for the DLC and they aren't very obvious. Terrible criticism. Fallout 3 was equally buggy, you just liked the game so you've decided to overlook them. Boring is completely subjective. I find Fallout 3 pretty boring now, because the game is so repetitive because of the limitations of the games Environments are so recycled, and enemies are all the same. New Vegas addresses this somewhat. Faction diversity is much better handled in NV (although not perfect) and the companion quests is a big bonus. Atmosphere is better in FO3, that's true. And the genius moments in FO3 are absent from NV, like Ten Penny Tower, or The Republic of Dave, but on replay you don't get to play them again for the first time. You just have to slog out hundreds or raiders or super-mutants.

New Vegas is the better game all together.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby brinstar » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:58 pm

Zanchief wrote:Fallout 3

i never finished the last third of the game because all the endless pointless side quests distracted me from the main story and burned me out

that plus "oh a new area i wonder if it'll be-- yep, just brown scenery all the way to the horizon and some stupid scorpions"

same reason i never finished skyrim, too many pointless timesinks grinding me down and cluttering up the main story "oh a bandit cave, i wonder if it'll be-- yep, just more insignificant mobs to kill like the other five hundred bandit caves before it"

never had that issue with stalker games though, not sure why the difference
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Tossica » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:09 pm

brinstar wrote:

i never finished the last third of the game because all the endless pointless side quests distracted me from the main story and burned me out

that plus "oh a new area i wonder if it'll be-- yep, just brown scenery all the way to the horizon and some stupid scorpions"

same reason i never finished skyrim, too many pointless timesinks grinding me down and cluttering up the main story "oh a bandit cave, i wonder if it'll be-- yep, just more insignificant mobs to kill like the other five hundred bandit caves before it"

Same. Blown away at first by everything and then... *yawn*
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Drem » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:00 pm

Zanchief wrote:
Drem wrote:

Locked Gates? There are two areas with areas for the DLC and they aren't very obvious. Terrible criticism. Fallout 3 was equally buggy, you just liked the game so you've decided to overlook them. Boring is completely subjective. I find Fallout 3 pretty boring now, because the game is so repetitive because of the limitations of the games Environments are so recycled, and enemies are all the same. New Vegas addresses this somewhat. Faction diversity is much better handled in NV (although not perfect) and the companion quests is a big bonus. Atmosphere is better in FO3, that's true. And the genius moments in FO3 are absent from NV, like Ten Penny Tower, or The Republic of Dave, but on replay you don't get to play them again for the first time. You just have to slog out hundreds or raiders or super-mutants.

New Vegas is the better game all together.

I didn't enjoy NV. I play Bethesda games for the atmosphere, not the mechanics. STALKER is a much better nuclear wasteland experience. But I loved exploring that F3 map and looting and killing. I didn't enjoy it that much in NV. It felt like there were a lot less buildings to loot, tons of wide open space with a lot less to do imo. Not being able to go to the entire western third of the map was really shitty.

They're casual games. I don't really care about their mechanics, I'm just in it for the fun. And F3 was more fun than NV for me
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Zanchief » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:33 am

brinstar wrote:

I totally get that. I recently played Fallout 3 and couldn't get through it. It's very repetitive. New Vegas is a bit better in this regard, because there are many more types of locations. Less than Vault, Building, Sewer that you get with Fallout 3. You have to be a bit obsessive about collecting things to really enjoy it, and the fun of discovering all the little areas and the quests are usually really well written.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Previous

Return to Other Worlds