Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide

Non WOW & EQ gaming discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide

Postby 10sun » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:59 pm

brinstar wrote:that sounds nice but honestly like 2/3 of the fun came from getting drunk with brosephi while playing

can't imagine it would be as fun with strangers via the interwebz

I've known most of the guys I play with since our teenage years.
We are just scattered around the world and lucky to see one another in person once every couple of years.
We do have one random supernerd German dude who lives in Argentina that joined us when we were lower on players.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Kaemon » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:51 pm

Adivina wrote:We are the most bipolar acting community, bunch of manics with the mood swings on here.
Kaemon
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Lyion » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:51 am

Tossica wrote:
brinstar wrote:that sounds nice but honestly like 2/3 of the fun came from getting drunk with brosephi while playing

can't imagine it would be as fun with strangers via the interwebz

Same with playing cards and the like. I don't have fun playing with strangers or online.

Same here.

The funny thing is I made some great friendships with UO and EQ, and even to some degree DAOC. I had a set Warhammer tabletop group with Pizza and Beer every weekend when I was young, we added and lost people all the time but it was always a blast.

Post 2005 in WOW the people were the antithesis of EQ. D3 and most online games now are more Xbox types. Meh. Most of my older friends just don't game much. It doesn't help that I absofuckinglutely will not sit 4 hours at a time in a 'camp' or be amused by 'grinds'.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Zanchief » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:12 pm

I find the same thing. As I'm getting older I don't have the stamina to camp spawns endlessly like I used to. After a few hours I just get bored.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Arlos » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:15 pm

I gave up camping shit overmuch while I still played EQ. I once spent literally 20 hours in one stretch camping the Stormfeather spawn, because I wanted to do that quest. End result? It was one of those times he skipped a spawn, and I never saw him. That was quite literally the last time, ever, in EQ I camped for anything, or did any quests at ALL that weren't absolutely necessary for raid progression. Key quests, zone unlocks, bane weapons, Epic class quest, those I did. Nothing else. Ever. Fuck camping.
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby 10sun » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:17 pm

Arlos wrote:I gave up camping shit overmuch while I still played EQ. I once spent literally 20 hours in one stretch camping the Stormfeather spawn, because I wanted to do that quest. End result? It was one of those times he skipped a spawn, and I never saw him. That was quite literally the last time, ever, in EQ I camped for anything, or did any quests at ALL that weren't absolutely necessary for raid progression. Key quests, zone unlocks, bane weapons, Epic class quest, those I did. Nothing else. Ever. Fuck camping.

Actually I sniped him while you were camping there. My druid got the eyepatch not long after.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Arlos » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:19 am

My name is Arlos the Disciple. You keelled my Stormfeather. Prepare to die.
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Previous

Return to Other Worlds