Battlefront

Non WOW & EQ gaming discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Battlefront

Postby Drem » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:17 pm

Got it for my bday and i'm not sure how to feel

They didn't include a lot of things from the first games that are actually all common features of Battlefield as well. It feels like a really dumbed-down Battlefield 4 with a Star Wars skin. And am I doing it wrong or can i actually not barrel roll in the spaceships? Rogue Squadron still feels better as far as flying goes. Feels really weird in this game. And by that i mean every ship flies the same way. A tie fighter flies just like the Millenium Falcon.... feels exactly the same lol

The speeder bikes feel friggin awesome tho in 1st person

Anyways, feels like bf4 did for the first year: incomplete
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Re: Battlefront

Postby Lyion » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:07 pm

I have this on my XB1 and I have to say I've enjoyed it so far.

However, it is built to be a 'casual game, and I like playing it in doses. The PVP is fun and well thought out, without catering to hard core players.

I do agree the flying is not differentiated, but it's not meant to be a flight sim. It's part of the entire game package. An AT AT does feel like it should though!

My only disappointment is the 'nameds', i.e. Vader, Emperor, etc feel very underpowered.
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Drem » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:35 pm

I will say it's the prettiest game i've ever played. Probably the best Star Wars game, too. But it's weird to see something this lazy and shallow as far as customization and classes (because there isn't any, wtf?) from DICE

BF4 is the best multiplayer game ever. Hopefully they roll some of that depth out in future DLC, or this won't be fun for 2 years the way BF4 has been

I still haven't gotten in an AT-AT yet either, damn it
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Reynaldo » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:15 am

I haven't enjoyed it too much yet just because it seems like such a chore to get grouped with online friends and play in the same boards / lobbys.

Also though I haven't played enough to start unlocking and building up my class / trying out new weapons etc so that's on me. I'm sure once I dedicate a solid week or 2 to multiplayer and learn all the moves / weapons it will be a lot more interesting.
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Hatak » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:21 pm

I've been playing on PS4 and loving it. I do miss the campaign stuff that I did on the first one, but only slightly. I mainly just play Walker Assault though. Halfway through Rank 25 so far.

The companion app and mini game is kind of fun to pass the time while bored at work. Just hate that I have to play Heroes Vs. Villains over and over in Battlefront to unlock the hero cards for the mini game.
Hatak
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Drem » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:27 pm

Yeah it grew on me, sorta like Fallout 4 did. I don't know why I want to hate everything right at the beginning

I'm rank 21 I think? Just got the triple-shot carbine blaster. Really enjoying it. Love the air superiority mode. Still don't understand why I can't hold a button to barrel roll, because other than that it's like having a new Rogue Squadron game. Hope they add B-Wing and Y-Wing. And a Cloud City level

I do a lot of Walker Assault too. And really enjoy Heroes vs. Villains. I think Cargo is my least fav
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Return to Other Worlds