Street Fighter V

Non WOW & EQ gaming discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Street Fighter V

Postby Jay » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:06 pm

I'm in love with this game. It is kinda lacking though for casual fans of the series due to the single player content being incomplete. They are adding it as free DLC in March but they definitely released the game incomplete so that competition players could do multiplayer.

That stuff being said, this game is awesome. Execution hurdles have been reduced in favor of promoting the "chess match" between players rather than figuring out how to do 902389 hit combos. Some characters (Zangief, Birdie) are pretty destructive with only like 1 combo at their disposal. I use Zangief and most of my matches go without using any combos at all (aside from jab into another jab).

Graphics are improved from Street Fighter IV, but somehow it uses less resources than SFIV. Its a great game if you have a low to mild interest in fighting games and want to see if you can compete. There is a learning curve for some of the combos, but the introduction and tutorials are made with fighting game beginners in mind.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Re: Street Fighter V

Postby Zanchief » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:34 pm

My fighting game days are behind me, just like RTS. I'm glad people enjoy it though. Zangief forever.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Drem » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:47 pm

I still don't buy that down down right for a hadouken shit. I've tried it over and over on every street fighter game I can get my hands on and it never works like that. Works every time if I do the quarter circle tho. Liars.

Can't wait to check it out. All the fighting games are killing it right now. Dead or Alive 5 is dope despite how overtly sexual that franchise has become. I don't like this business model where they release it free and make you buy all the characters tho. I miss unlocking everything and it seems like no game does that anymore :(
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Jay » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:36 am

Dunno if you have PS4 or PC but if your PC is solid the PC version is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Return to Other Worlds