Everquest Next Cancelled

Non WOW & EQ gaming discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Everquest Next Cancelled

Postby Lyion » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:14 am

Not a big surprise... How long until liquidation of Daybreak occurs?
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Re: Everquest Next Cancelled

Postby Zanchief » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:25 am

I completely forgot about it. Seems they were trying something a bit different, but it may have been a bit too ambitious.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Reynaldo » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:47 am

Funny. Keeping fingers crossed for Pantheon i guess

(not really because i won't have time/effort to play anything like that but it's fun to think about)
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby runamonk » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:50 am

They'll milk as much as they can from the monthlies and then sell it all off in pieces. A year or two max is my guess.
-
runamonk/Braeleen/Vaelie/Zennish
runamonk
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Drem » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:27 pm

What up Vaelie!

Yeah i always thought EQ Next looked awful, personally. They shouldn't try to make new EQ games. The two they already got are their cash cows and basically that company's only source of income. Smedley is a douche and will run it into the ground eventually. Thankfully p99 is still here

I reinstall eqlive and mess around once or twice a year and it is just really awful now. They have more content than any game should ever have, so you'll almost never find anyone doing what you want to do outside of the most current expansion. Hotzones haven't changed for almost 3 years. Every class can solo and put out shitloads of DPS now so no one groups, just box armies everywhere. And a bunch of community people and GMs just got laid off, iirc. I think there are less than 15 people working on that game now

I still get the nostalgia bug all the time and wanna go kill aviaks in lake rathe, but gaming has changed so much. I can't spend seven hours camping one spot anymore or losing hours of progress if i can't get a rez
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Jay » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:21 pm

I remember I grouped with Zennish once and some dude was trying to figure out if Zennish was a real girl to which he replied "I've got a huge pussy." Can't remember what I ate for lunch yesterday but I remember stupid group chat from almost 20 years go.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Zanchief » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:02 pm

You can never go back. We've romanticized the experience so much in our memory no game can ever compare.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby runamonk » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:20 pm

hahaha
-
runamonk/Braeleen/Vaelie/Zennish
runamonk
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby brinstar » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:55 am

Jay wrote:I remember I grouped with Zennish once and some dude was trying to figure out if Zennish was a real girl to which he replied "I've got a huge pussy." Can't remember what I ate for lunch yesterday but I remember stupid group chat from almost 20 years go.

or some TW pally who fell in the pit near the FBSS camp, and as his huge pull gradually killed him kept shouting "FREEEEEEDOM!!!!!!!!!!! FREEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" to the whole zone while my roommate and i hyperventilated from laughter
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Tossica » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:10 pm

Zanchief wrote:You can never go back. We've romanticized the experience so much in our memory no game can ever compare.

Vanguard came damn close for me.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Return to Other Worlds