Final Fantasy XV

Non WOW & EQ gaming discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Final Fantasy XV

Postby Jay » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:40 pm

This is a pretty good game. Not GREAT, but a step in the right direction for the series. Like a reboot in terms of quality.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Re: Final Fantasy XV

Postby Reynaldo » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:33 pm

In the commercials it looks like Ocarina of Time meets Grand Theft Auto. I'd be interested if I didn't have 3 other heavy time intensive games in the queue...
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Re: Final Fantasy XV

Postby Jay » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:08 am

I take it back. This game is GREAT. Enjoying this thoroughly. Even for Square, the visuals are out of this world. It's an open world Final Fantasy and the plot is not overcomplicated. Despite the main character looking like an emo edgelord, he's actually just a dude. Fight system is smooth, side missions are fun and the open world is so detailed that repetitive missions tend to present new elements. Example: Every hunt is "Hey this thing is bothering us, go kill them." Then you go kill it, come back, get money. Sometimes that thing is 3 little things, sometimes that thing is an ancient mythical creature and is the size of a skyscraper. There's a farm element as well, but its not so bad and the game can be continued at a good pace without it. Starts off a bit slow, and honestly I've done a handful of the main missions and have mostly been doing side stuff. This game is looking like it's 4-4.5/5 for me.

The only complaint I have is that the loading is DREADFUL. Might be designed to load faster on the PS4 Pro or something.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Return to Other Worlds