Kinda OT but WoW and 2 questions

Non WOW & EQ gaming discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Postby Xaen » Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:33 am

Muglack wrote:
Reading about the game does nothing unless you actually have played it.

I have played it. I played it as much as I wanted to, and I think my longest session in any sitting was 2 hours. I haven't read anything about it at all, maybe beta made some huge leap forward, but I doubt it. As for Taxx's comment about only people not in Beta talking bad about it, if I really wanted to play I'd play on the account I used in Alpha, but I have absolutely no urge to do so.

You mentioned above that the reason you got bored was the lack of social interaction. What leap forward are you referencing above? What exactly is bringing you back to EQ? I can honestly sit here and not come up with a single reason to log back onto EQ right now unless a friend asks me to. But I also know as soon as WoW is out, none of my friends will be playing EQ ever again. So its kind of a moot arguement to bring up about beta at the moment.
Xaen
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Zanathar » Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:02 pm

Well that is you and your friends uninformed opinion of a game they havent played yet, and his is a semi-informed opinion of someone that has played both games...
Zanathar
The Nuking Skeleton
WoW
I helped :ban: Mindia!!!! Too bad he is back...
Zanathar
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Xaen » Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:12 pm

Morgreth wrote:Well that is you and your friends uninformed opinion of a game they havent played yet, and his is a semi-informed opinion of someone that has played both games...

I am playing WoW every night. Not sure what that has to do with what you wrote? He mentioned he likes WoW, but got bored because of lack of social interaction right now. Then later he says he would still play EQ. Would he still pick EQ if all his friends end up in WoW? If so, why? Thats what im asking.
Xaen
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Muglack » Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:27 pm

I said the reason WoW didn't really appeal to me may have been the social interaction, but then I thought about it for a while and decided that wasn't really the case. I decided it was probably my limited exposure to the game. I was level 12 or something, had only left my hometown once, and was generally unsatisfied. I guess it would be like playing eq upto level 20 and never leaving North Ro, you'd get bored and probably not want to play anymore. Since I tried WoW I haven't really played EQ either, social interaction or not, so maybe I'm just not in a MMORPG frame of mind right now. Who knows.

And you're right, aside from the social aspect there really isn't anything that draws me back to EQ. The thing that would probably make me choose EQ before WoW is that EverQuest is your favorite shirt, and WoW is a new pair of pants. They're both articles of clothing, but you just feel a lot more "comfortable" with one then the other.
Muglack
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby chanteez » Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:34 pm

hmmm i was out of my hometowns by level 6, by level 12 i was way way away from hometown.

my night elf rogue is level 12 atm and on a diff continent completely at other side of wow world, i moved her at level 9, which required running her a very long ways away.

the quests alone drag you to new area's experiences. they are designed to move you to a new area after you have finished current ones, to a higher level area.

Personally i am the type of player who likes to explore, so i wouldnt be satisfied sitting in one town for 12 levels.

A game is only as good as you want it to be...if you stayed in one town, only venturing out once... you definately didnt take advantage of wow...
chanteez
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Lenardo » Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:05 pm

i'm a level 15 night elf doing dun moden quests atm
i have quests in murkwood
rachet
stone talon
darkshore
elwynn
and a few other zones..

i solo alot but i am currently guildless... and i find the gameplay and the style that blizzard has implemented to be superior to all other mmo's

and i get to play it for free !
Lenardo
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby chanteez » Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:21 pm

bah you can join us len! hehe
chanteez
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Lenardo » Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:54 am

yeah but chanteez

I DO NOT KNOW WHO YOU ARE THIS TIME AROUND!!!

heh heh

I'm Navarone 16th level rogue atm
Lenardo
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby chanteez » Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:04 am

I'm mainly Tesha this time around, another priest lol. I do have a rogue and warr as well, but working on tesha atm.
chanteez
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Previous

Return to Other Worlds