Kinda OT but WoW and 2 questions

Non WOW & EQ gaming discussions

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Kinda OT but WoW and 2 questions

Postby Sirens Song » Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:44 pm

Once released and in retail I will be going to two or 3 box WoW.

1)
But since this is a new world....who all here from TN will go or plan to try it out for a longer period ? - would be nice to group / guild up with people I know as original TN peeps and one could even trust.
Feel free to drop me email / ingame tell or a line here if you plan on WoW and would like company

2)
I will two or 3 box WoW...been reading info about it like forever but cant make my mind up yet. On TN I box bard, wiz and cleric.

What would in Your opinion be the best two-box combo for WoW ?
Sirens Song -
Muse, Sorcerer and Archon of The Nameless

Valorguard

Sirens Song
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Tacks » Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:50 pm

This is in the wrong forum

PS: I will be playing as I'm sure many others will be. The last game I seriously played was FFXI and I quit that because the people I played with got burnt out...and the game got stale.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Ginzburgh » Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:08 pm

Just play one charector.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby runamonk » Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:20 pm

Taxx wrote:This is in the wrong forum

PS: I will be playing as I'm sure many others will be. The last game I seriously played was FFXI and I quit that because the people I played with got burnt out...and the game got stale.

Yep I'll be there as I'm sure most of our old players will be. How long though depends on how well the game can hold my attention. FFXI lost it after only a couple months. :/
-
runamonk/Braeleen/Vaelie/Zennish
runamonk
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Langston » Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:31 pm

I'd be there already if I got a beta invite. :(
Mindia wrote:I was wrong obviously.
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

well

Postby chanteez » Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:06 pm

i've two boxed in alpha (when we were allowed) well 3 boxed at one point briefly...

I did priest, warr rogue couple times

primarily priest with warr or rogue

now we can only play one per account so i play priest atm

but its all a matter of personal taste, can pretty much solo with any character effectively anyway
chanteez
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby runamonk » Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:13 pm

I think alot of people are still going to have issues remembering that it's not EQ.
-
runamonk
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Arlos » Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:52 pm

Yes and no, Zen. It is a MMO, so yeah, but the feel of it is VERY different from EQ. Well, at least EQ how it's been for a long time. So, I think there's enough of a culture difference that people won't have to try too hard to remember.
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Muglack » Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:40 pm

Yah going from EQ to WoW was wierd for like 5 minutes then you fall in line. Going back to eq after playing WoW took a little longer tho. Just key positions and stuff. It was a lot like playingEQ and Counterstrike, sometimes I'd have my fingers in th wrong place. But you deffinetly won't find yourself thinking you're Norrath by any stretch of the imagination. Personally I lost interest with Alpha after like 3 hours, but that's probably because I was playing by myself, and it was pretty boring from what I saw.

I was disappointed to say the least. However, with 10 times as many people, and actually talking to people in game like my E-Lover Zennish will make it much more fun.
Muglack
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Tikker » Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:45 am

Last edited by Tikker on Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

k

Postby Gaazy » Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:38 am

there for the first few weeks or months we grinded so damn much, wish i woulda known i would burn out, could take those hours and hours of grinding and put it into something better..like masturbation or somethin :roll:

well, that or talking to the latino girl down the hall (taxx and zenn know what i r talking about) :!:
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Tacks » Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:30 pm

You played a lot for like 1 week, and died like 5-10 times a day at that. Then you would cry and log off and go fuck some mexicano.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby runamonk » Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:18 pm

hahaha yep. Poory little Gaazy go fowned alot. ;)

Although not as much as Drachol, we punished that damn kid every day. LOL
-
runamonk
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Lyion » Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:23 pm

Being WOW is in beta with no NDA, how exactly will it steal from the established games longterm?

Its not an AD&D clone, like EQ, and its not set to be an EQ Vaporizer, like Sigils game.

It doesn't really have the PVP stuff the DAOC/SB people want.

Roleplaying doesn't really sell, because the intelligent crowd is a minority, and the phat l00t people seem to be the majority.

The graphics seem ok, but they don't wow me.

For those playing it, what exactly is its appeal, and how is it going to attract people longterm?
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tacks » Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:37 pm

It has pretty much all EQ has as far as content goes (so far). Most of the other MMORPG's didn't have much variety out of the box. The quests work, you can level while doing quests and it doesn't seem like it's a chore. At least try it out I seriously doubt that if you liked EQ as much as you did/do now...that you wouldn't like WoW.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Muglack » Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:22 pm

I don't dislike WoW, and I don't want to give that impression, but if I was gonna sit down and play a game after my experience with WoW it would be EQ. WoW just didn't do it for. There's any number of reasons why this could be, but my guess is the complete lack of social interaction while I was playing.
Muglack
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Tacks » Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:36 pm

Yeah, that might ruin the whole "massively multiplayer" part of the experience.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tikker » Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:55 pm

Last edited by Tikker on Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Muglack » Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:40 am

the emptiness just comes from being a n00b and not knowing anyone

I knew tons of people, I just wasn't allowed to talk to them as I was using the account when I wasn't supposed to be. The person who was kind enough to let me use their login gave me direct orders not to talk to anyone for fear of being found out, so I didn't. I'd log on do a quest or two, get bored, and log off. I'll give it another shot if I get into Beta at a later stage, or maybe the full release but who knows for sure.

As for the person who was letting me use their alpha login they are now completely bored with it, and are looking into selling their Beta account. Not the first to do, and deffinatly not the last. Maybe a sign of things to come.
Muglack
NT Deity
NT Deity

After further review...

Postby Gruns » Thu Mar 25, 2004 8:36 am

I'm not in Beta, but I have read most of the reviews on the game. Sure, it's early, but so far I've seen nothing groundbreaking that would make me want to play this over EQ2. All of these games are all pretty much the same. Just different models doing different animations against other different models. It all comes down to community. Loyal Blizzard fans will flock to this game early, but will see that it isnt Diablo and leave. EQ fans will try it out early, but be turned off by the l33t Blizzard fanboys and leave. EQ2 will win in the end. Or EQ2 will be scrapped and EQ will just "become" EQ2...

Later.
Gruns
Gruns
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Madutrecht » Thu Mar 25, 2004 8:56 am

Its a great game so far!!

eq 1 will die for sure but thats not new more and more quit the game already..

waited a long time for something new and the beta just rocks!
remember the old eq feeling 4-5 years ago.... i found it again..

when i read the beta boards 99,998 % of the people (yes also old eq people) like it so far...

for eq 2 i dunno ... i think they need a lot of time to make eq 2 work good... when you look at wow they needed almost 4 years already and i think that sony will just do the same with eq2 as they did with starwars.... screw up... but we will see..

so far me and my guild will go for wow

eq 1 is too old and i hate to see people leave and leave daily

its new its good and its YES worth a very good try!
Madutrecht
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Tacks » Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:29 pm

The only people bashing WoW are the people who didn't get selected for the beta.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby chanteez » Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:02 pm

Well i love wow, and there is no hope in hell i'll do eq2.

after eq1, that will be it for me as far as eq. I've been playing since eq beta, and there is no way i can keep playing this game, starting over doing the same thing with less zones and content that i feel personally should have been with eq1. I've paid so much money into expansions etc for eq1 and they want me to either play both or forget about the money sink first one was.

Wow has way better flow to the game for me, its just fresh into beta and is a better game. I can just imagine what it will be like when live.

They actually read the feedback, and suggestions... i do notice it, because within a short time of suggesting something, it was added. (this was while in alpha).

I found no problem getting to know people, finding people to help out etc. Making new friends etc.. (i'm a social gamer). Its easy to join a guild if want to.

Reading about the game does nothing unless you actually have played it.
chanteez
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Xaen » Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:12 pm

I am finding myself not wanting to log back into EQ after being in WoW. WoW has me spoiled at this point I think, and its not even high end game yet. I love the way you dont need to mem spells, and you can basically write your own scripts for casting techniques if you want for each spell. It definately is a lot more detailed than EQ by far because of this. No more mashing shitty spell buttons over and over hoping your spell doesn't get interrupted etc.

And yeah, this is almost identical to EQ when it was first released. People running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Asking for shitty buffs every 2 seconds and running off. Draging huge trains all over the world. It makes me laugh because I never thought i'd see this all over again.

Release day will be incredible for a lot of people I think. EQ wont have anything on this if Tig can pull off the high end game.
Xaen
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Muglack » Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:05 am

Reading about the game does nothing unless you actually have played it.

I have played it. I played it as much as I wanted to, and I think my longest session in any sitting was 2 hours. I haven't read anything about it at all, maybe beta made some huge leap forward, but I doubt it. As for Taxx's comment about only people not in Beta talking bad about it, if I really wanted to play I'd play on the account I used in Alpha, but I have absolutely no urge to do so.
Muglack
NT Deity
NT Deity

Next

Return to Other Worlds