Racism and NamelessTavern

Questions, Comments, Or Complaints? Take Them Up With Management Here.

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Ethnic slurs and racist speak. Should it be moderated?

Yes it should be moderated. Quit with the racism. Ban those that persist.
32%
Yes. It should be lightly moderated. Allow COMPLETELY free speech in a '200+ post members only' forum, hidden from guest view.
42%
No it shouldn't be moderated. Delete the rule 1 entry and allow free speech in all forums.
26%

Total votes : 50

Postby leah » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:17 pm

:ohsnap:
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Gidan » Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:05 am

ouchyfish wrote:To hate based on someone's race would make a racist. I do not hate African Americans. I hate African Americans that look for an excuse to break the law. I hate African Americans that break the law and somehow find a way to fucking justify it even though the Caucasians are finding new ways to bend over backwards for them on a daily basis.

Sure, there are Caucasian niggers, I hate them too. Put them on the boat with the other gangstas and torpedo the fucker in the middle of the Pacific.

I don't expect deadbeat liberal punks like Tossica to understand this. He only understands social programs and wiping everyones ass. He is like that drunk bastard Ted Kennedy-he is dying to stand for some defunct cause. (News flash, you pathetic liberal pile of shit, they have their rights now and are now encroaching on mine!)

If you dont hate based on race, why do you keep trying to associate your hatred of people to their race? wouldn't it have been easier to say

I hate people that break the law and somehow find a way to fucking justify it even though others are finding new ways to bend over backwards for them on a daily basis.

oh wait, that ouwl mean you had to disregard race, you dont seem capable of doing that. You are so stuck on this race does this and that race does that. Just admit to being racist, if your going to be a racist atleast admit it.
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
Gidan
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:08 am

I emphasize the blacks because a great majority of their race are more lawless and more destructive to society than whites.

Take a look at our prisons and try to prove me wrong. (Don't forget a HUGE percentage of Hispanics are mistakenly tallied as White/Caucasian.)

I said there are white niggers too, it's just I haven't seen white people riot and burn half of a town because a court case didn't go their way. I haven't seen white people riot and pillage because their favorite sports team didn't win the championship. I have yet to see white people respond to events (ie Hurricane) at even half of the destructive caliber that blacks have done time and time again. They have basically taken the squeaky wheel strategy to unheard of levels.

Does pointing out these factual events make me a racist?

Postby Lyion » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:17 am

The problem I think is Ouchy has irritation about the overt racist tone urban inner city blacks tend to take towards other races, and the fact a lot of them are not the greatest of citizens, have piss poor attitudes, and expect things versus taking the initiative.

If you are born into poverty, without a father, and essentially are responsible for yourself, you tend to have major issues growing up. Case in point is seeing the views Tossica has and his hatred. Granted, he overcame, but his view is fubar because he lacked the morals, respect, and growth that most of us take for granted when we are raised. Thus, like inner city people without 'a foundation', he lashes out vitriolically and overtly nastily about things he does not understand or like.

The way to fix the gap is not to empathize with racism or to get angry that poor people are racist, dependent, or lacking any initiative. Many of the problems we see are indeed pandemic to inner city lifestyle, and what you hear and read is indeed how these people think. Two wrongs do not make a right.

If you sit down with any of these inner city people, they are not bad nor evil people, just lacking what many of us raised in traditional households take for granted which is the foundation needed for success and happiness in life. Thus, they do what they are conditioned to, and make the best of situations in a way that their social awareness deems proper.

Until we as a country can change the cycle of the inner city, respectfully demand accountability, lose the judgemental, pompous attitude, and find a way to really help these people we are failing them just as much as we failed those who died in New Orleans due to inaction and politics.

What we cannot do is counter ignorance with even greater ignorance, or we are part of the problem, not the solution.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tossica » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:48 am

lyion wrote:The problem I think is Ouchy has irritation about the overt racist tone urban inner city blacks tend to take towards other races, and the fact a lot of them are not the greatest of citizens, have piss poor attitudes, and expect things versus taking the initiative.

If you are born into poverty, without a father, and essentially are responsible for yourself, you tend to have major issues growing up. Case in point is seeing the views Tossica has and his hatred. Granted, he overcame, but his view is fubar because he lacked the morals, respect, and growth that most of us take for granted when we are raised. Thus, like inner city people without 'a foundation', he lashes out vitriolically and overtly nastily about things he does not understand or like.

The way to fix the gap is not to empathize with racism or to get angry that poor people are racist, dependent, or lacking any initiative. Many of the problems we see are indeed pandemic to inner city lifestyle, and what you hear and read is indeed how these people think. Two wrongs do not make a right.

If you sit down with any of these inner city people, they are not bad nor evil people, just lacking what many of us raised in traditional households take for granted which is the foundation needed for success and happiness in life. Thus, they do what they are conditioned to, and make the best of situations in a way that their social awareness deems proper.

Until we as a country can change the cycle of the inner city, respectfully demand accountability, lose the judgemental, pompous attitude, and find a way to really help these people we are failing them just as much as we failed those who died in New Orleans due to inaction and politics.

What we cannot do is counter ignorance with even greater ignorance, or we are part of the problem, not the solution.

Hahaha. You pompous prick.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Langston » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:49 am

I'm not responsible for their lawlessness. Nor will I ever be. These people know the difference between "right" and "wrong". Breaking a shop's windows and stealing TVs would definitely be within the limits of their comprehension - regardless of if they know who their father is.

Don't make excuses for them... the media and the liberals are already taking care of that task.
Mindia wrote:I was wrong obviously.
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby kaharthemad » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:11 am

the main problem I see is there is both a black and a white to this side. Do you slam on say people like indo using the word 'niggaz' in a post? Oh wait thats not racism cause he is black! See the double standard? All I am getting at is what is good for one ethnic gorup should be good for all. If you rip into say someone like Insano for his posts then make sure you rip into other rces for theirs.

The main thing is it should not be censored. Censorship represses free speech. So you know where the supposed racists are...fine, now you know where not to eat for dinner.

But the factual statement of "most of the people that are looting in NO area are black" is not a racist comment it is a statement of fact. Proven by the media time and again. But some people will scream racism!!!

If you want to control fine but then start controlling everything people find offensive, from mine and insano's sigs down to the lowly post of some chick in a bikini because god forbid we would not want to offend a Mindia clone.

You repress people and what you are gonna get is a group of people that dont or wont express thoughts and ideas on other topics for fear that it might offend someone.

Vonk this is your board, do with it what you will man, but remember every action has a equal and opposite reaction. What will censorship do to a board like this?

and yes im rambling a bit..brain is a little dysfunctional today.
kaharthemad
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby kaharthemad » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:15 am

The Kizzy wrote:I'm Mexican, can I say Spics?

I wanna be called kahar the Mick from now on!!! a racial slur but Im Irish!!! woot.
kaharthemad
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby kaharthemad » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:22 am

Gidan wrote:
ouchyfish wrote:To hate based on someone's race would make a racist. I do not hate African Americans. I hate African Americans that look for an excuse to break the law. I hate African Americans that break the law and somehow find a way to fucking justify it even though the Caucasians are finding new ways to bend over backwards for them on a daily basis.

Sure, there are Caucasian niggers, I hate them too. Put them on the boat with the other gangstas and torpedo the fucker in the middle of the Pacific.

I don't expect deadbeat liberal punks like Tossica to understand this. He only understands social programs and wiping everyones ass. He is like that drunk bastard Ted Kennedy-he is dying to stand for some defunct cause. (News flash, you pathetic liberal pile of shit, they have their rights now and are now encroaching on mine!)

If you dont hate based on race, why do you keep trying to associate your hatred of people to their race? wouldn't it have been easier to say

I hate people that break the law and somehow find a way to fucking justify it even though others are finding new ways to bend over backwards for them on a daily basis.

oh wait, that ouwl mean you had to disregard race, you dont seem capable of doing that. You are so stuck on this race does this and that race does that. Just admit to being racist, if your going to be a racist atleast admit it.

Probably because of most of what he sees in his area is this ethnic group.
If I saw 500 screaming Irishmen running off the potato boat looting the nearest Big Lots during a flood I would be apalled and would be critizing my own racial herritage. as would you be if 5 pinguins attacked and raped some woman up the street from you. However my race and sad to say yours, are not what I see looting and stealing and trying to break into houses next to my house. Amazing...in a predominent(sp?) Hungarin/ Italian neighborhood most of the stealing is coming from abou 5 percent of the population in the area. last 9 out of 10 arrests in my area for vandal, arsen, theft and breaking and entering were of the aforementioned color. Does that make me a racist or just observent?
kaharthemad
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Lyion » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:58 am

Langston wrote:I'm not responsible for their lawlessness. Nor will I ever be. These people know the difference between "right" and "wrong". Breaking a shop's windows and stealing TVs would definitely be within the limits of their comprehension - regardless of if they know who their father is.

I'm not making excuses for them, just being aware of why they do what they do.

Why do they ignore the laws and do wrong if they know the difference?
Why do you usually do what is right?

That goes back to my original post, and the fact of what is socially acceptable, and what isn't within your community and peer group.

We need to enforce laws, but also proactively look to fix the problems that are visible with places like New Orleans.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Zanchief » Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:00 am

lyion wrote:
Langston wrote:I'm not responsible for their lawlessness. Nor will I ever be. These people know the difference between "right" and "wrong". Breaking a shop's windows and stealing TVs would definitely be within the limits of their comprehension - regardless of if they know who their father is.

I'm not making excuses for them, just being aware of why they do what they do.

Why do they ignore the laws and do wrong if they know the difference?
Why do you usually do what is right?

That goes back to my original post, and the fact of what is socially acceptable, and what isn't within your community and peer group.

We need to enforce laws, but also proactively look to fix the problems that are visible with places like New Orleans.

You're starting to sound like a Liberal, Lyion.
Zanchief

Postby Martrae » Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:05 am

Personally, I blame the welfare system and the mentality of lazyness and entitlement it breeds. If that same money was channelled into job training programs and money management classes things would be very different.
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby brinstar » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:22 pm

lyion wrote:Case in point is seeing the views Tossica has and his hatred. Granted, he overcame, but his view is fubar because he lacked the morals, respect, and growth that most of us take for granted when we are raised. Thus, like inner city people without 'a foundation', he lashes out vitriolically and overtly nastily about things he does not understand or like.

what the fuck is this shit

just because he often disagrees with you, his view is fubar? fuck that and fuck you.
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby KILL » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:04 pm

you forgot the best part!

lyion wrote:

:rofl:
KILL
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Harrison » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:30 pm

Tossica's views ARE fubar.

As are half of the fluffy bunny faggots of the board who think the world is sunshine and candy rainbows.

I honestly thought people grew out of that shit past their teens. I guess not...
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:59 pm

if it was anyone else saying that, i might be persuaded to believe them

but since it's you, i'll just laugh and move on
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Tossica » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:07 pm

I think what Lyion means to say is that I say "fuck" a lot. :boots:
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Lueyen » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:35 pm

I voted #2, although I would prefer if the existing rule was given more attention from from a certain date forward. I don't want to see people banned if they haven't been given at least a warning. I do think the existing rule of no racial slurs goes far enough on the subject and is a good one. While I may not agree with what some say, and some of what is said I'm definetly against censorship and the free exchange of ideas. Really I just want to see intelligent discussion (yea okay maybe this isn't the place for that~), not ignorant slurs.

The problem with option 1 is it has the propensity to be both a witch hunt and a nightmare for admins. There is to much room for subjectivity, and it is not as it exists clearly defined.

Option 3 is not an option in my mind, because I do see a problem. Again I don't care about someones opinions or ideas, what does concern me is the offensive nature of some of the slurs tossed around. If people are offended and choose not to come here and read/post , not only does the board lose members (or potential ones) but we end up with a bunch of like minded individuals and no opposing views.

The only problem I see with the rule as it exists is there is some subjectivity on what is a racial slur and what is not (I was once told I was being racist because I refered to blacks as such instead of Afro-Americans). I don't know that a list is neccecary (George Carlin style), perhaps warnings would suffice /shrug.
Raymond S. Kraft wrote:The history of the world is the history of civilizational clashes, cultural clashes. All wars are about ideas, ideas about what society and civilization should be like, and the most determined always win.

Those who are willing to be the most ruthless always win. The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.
Lueyen
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Ouchyfish » Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:23 pm

What do people want to consider racism though? The whole argument got hashed out and beaten to a pulp with no set guidelines. People brought out facts to back up their views and were still called racists simply because modern day PC states that if you don't paint african americans as saints you are indeed a racist. Sick of this shit, man.
Lyion wrote:If Hillary wins Texas and Ohio, she'll win the nomination.

Tossica wrote:Seriously, there is NO WAY Sony is going to put HD-DVD out of the game.
Ouchyfish
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Minrott » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:20 pm

I guess if you're going to start moderating people for saying "nigger" then you better as well start moderating for "faggot." Or is that more ok? Heh.
Molon Labe
Minrott
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby The Kizzy » Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:40 am

Micks and Guidos are so sexy. I want to hump them alot.
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Gargamellow » Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:05 am

Vonkaar is absolutely right. I voted 1.
Gargamellow
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Lueyen » Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:50 pm

Minrott wrote:I guess if you're going to start moderating people for saying "nigger" then you better as well start moderating for "faggot." Or is that more ok? Heh.

Last I checked homosexuality is not a race or ethnic background, so no technically it would not fall under the description as a racial slur. It could however fall under: "Be respectful of other people. Everyone is different, embrace diversity! ".
Raymond S. Kraft wrote:The history of the world is the history of civilizational clashes, cultural clashes. All wars are about ideas, ideas about what society and civilization should be like, and the most determined always win.

Those who are willing to be the most ruthless always win. The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.
Lueyen
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby brinstar » Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:53 pm

it's still bigotry though

if this poll were about faggot instead of nigger i'd still vote the same way
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Minrott » Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:55 pm

Oh really?

That's not my point. Racism is a form of prejudice. Using racial slurs as a derogatory term is no different than using a term prejudice to gays.

Frankly I don't care how racist or prejudice anyone is or acts or speaks. But if your going to moderate one then moderate both. Anything else is hypocracy.
Molon Labe
Minrott
NT Deity
NT Deity

Previous

Return to Board Feedback