Migration

Questions, Comments, Or Complaints? Take Them Up With Management Here.

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Migration

Postby Gidan » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:31 am

For those of you wondering why there have been a few bumps in the road today. I have migrated NT to a new server. It is now in hopefully its final location. The migration has gone VERY well. No data has been lost and the minor changes will go away shortly.

The major problems have been cookie related. This is due to phpbb using the domain name your connecting to and not liking when you connect using a different domain. Right now namelesstavern.com, .net and .org all point to the same place. DNS changes that need to go through are not instant, they take place over a period of 1 - 48hours and will be different for everyone. What this means is that everyone who changed over very quickly was immediately directed to the new site which was setup on the .net domain. Being as you were connecting on .com the cookies didn't match and it caused problem. Those of you who had not changed yet were automatically redirected to the .net from the old server and probably didn't notice any problems except having to relogin. Right now everything points to the .net domain and the cookie problems should have been resolved.

We are NOT moving to a new domain. This is temporary. In a day or two, everything will be set to use namelesstavern.com as the primary domain. As for all of you, you don’t need to do ANYTHING. Keep using namelesstavern.com and all will be good. The only reason I setup the .net was to allow for 0 downtime in the move. Getting the .org to work was a bit of internet magic that I wont go into but its working again (for now). Lyion will attempt to reregister it under our name as soon as it expires and is available again. If 1/2 of our regular users were to donate $1 a month, we would be able o more then cover the cost of hosting.
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
Gidan
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Harrison » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:18 pm

I'll throw in money once I tie my new bank account to my paypal.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Return to Board Feedback