what the hell is going on lately?

Questions, Comments, Or Complaints? Take Them Up With Management Here.

Moderator: Dictators in Training

what the hell is going on lately?

Postby vonkaar » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:35 pm

I installed 'mods actions' a long long time ago... any admin can see who is 'abusing' the mod privs just by using the tool. The editing tikker's posts, banning Zanchief, random edits and everything else... it's all pretty gay, whoever is doing it.

I shouldn't really care; I don't really spend that much time around here. I just hate to see this board turn to crap 'by' the very people who were trusted to maintain it. Gidan takes a hiatus and various mods go crazy. It's lame.

In other news, I just had the greatest vacation of my life and have a bunch of pictures to share... but I have no idea if it's even worth talking about if the whole place is going to explode in the next 2 weeks.
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Martrae » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:02 pm

I did look at the admin logs Vonk...there's nothing there.
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Harrison » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:21 pm

There was a rollback or some shit the other day. I don't think anyone noticed besides me. I noticed an assload of posts disappear and no one mentioned it.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby vonkaar » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:35 pm

Well someone edited Tikker's posts... I've seen a bunch of threads deleted. The only person who could do a roll back is someone with root access (to the MYSQL DB, not just 'NT Admins')...

Furthermore, why was Zan banned?

It's just getting really lame to sit and watch this shit happen. I'm not asking for control again, I want no part of that... I just want some sort of accountability again. If there are mods who are being juvenile dickwads (the original NT golden rule), they should be removed. And... I don't think Mud, Nebulis, Azlana or Mondinga would really notice if they lost their powers.

I hope this doesn't come off as if I'm trying to tell ya'll how to run things still... I'm mostly just concerned about the state of things, or how they've appeared lately.
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Martrae » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:19 pm

Well, something is completely fucked up cuz Zan isn't even on any of the banned lists. Shit is happening that isn't being logged.
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Martrae » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:26 pm

Ok...I found the problem with Zan...he wasn't banned banned...his status was changed and there's no log for that. I changed him back.

As for the edits and whatnot....I haven't a clue. I just got back from vacation but there's nothing in the logs.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby 10sun » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:29 pm

Figure it out. If need be, change the admin / root passwords. If it is someone that isn't supposed to be dicking around on the system, figure it out.

I have the feeling that its our good friend Kinghooter00 for some reason however...
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Jay » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:30 pm

Lyion admitted to doing 10sun's edits. Is his stuff in the log? Also, for the record I can't ban peeps in case yall didn't know.
Jay

Postby Martrae » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:36 pm

Yeah....the stuff eveyone does is in the log unless whoever does it deletes it. Lyion wouldn't delete it...it wouldn't be his style to try and hide it. Gidan is gone and I was on vacation. We're the only three that has access to the logs.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby 10sun » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:36 pm

no, Lyion admitted to editing the post about the edits, not the edits themselves to my understanding.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Martrae » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:38 pm

He said he only editted one post of Tikker's as a joke and he told Tikker he was gonna do it.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Jay » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:45 pm

I remember Gidan posting that we were getting attacked not so long ago. Now that he's gone we're getting attacked again maybe? We need an admin that's technically inclined like Vonk or Gidan runnin the show again (no offense Mart Ray).
Jay

Postby Jay » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:46 pm

Gidan from September 23rd, 2006 wrote:Well it appears as though my server and many others are under a massive attack. I am looking for an alternate place to host NT while I am away anyway so I will start looking now. Please let me know about any problems with NT. I think I have fixed most of them but may have missed some;

Sorry for that second short downtime, needed to repair the few tables in the DB from the crash.
Jay

Postby Martrae » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:47 pm

And who says I'm not technically inclined. :P
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby 10sun » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:48 pm

You used to sell vibrators, that makes you qualified to both homeschool & be a webmaster =P
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Darcler » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:59 pm

We are no longer on our home server, we bought a hosted server. Lyion, if Gid didnt give you that info, please PM me.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Martrae » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:02 pm

10sun wrote:You used to sell vibrators, that makes you qualified to both homeschool & be a webmaster =P

Don't be stupid. I've made and run many websites (still do actually) over the years.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby 10sun » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:03 pm

I was joking -_-
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Martrae » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:04 pm

Ok...then I take back the stupid comment. :)
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Zanchief » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:25 pm

I was banned?
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby The Kizzy » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:42 pm

DAMN, the gods did not answer my prayers
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Lyion » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:38 am

No, I changed his status to banned. He was never banned, though. I even sent him a PM, since it was done in fun admin abuse. I always message someone when I mod/edit, which morons seem to eternally miss or ignore in their rush to scream abuse. I'd like it to be a rule to message a person when their posts are modded, personally, since I figure it's appropriate. I don't run this ship, and I don't mod posts anymore. I just try and keep things rolling.

Nobody touched Tikkers posts. Well, no mod or admin did that we can see via the admin logs. Most modding has been done by Jay or Mart. There hasn't been a ton done, but again I don't read through all the forums every day, just sporadically.

I'm here a few times a week, and I rarely mod or edit. Interestingly enough, Mudcrush has done more modding than me over the last few weeks...

If anyone does have a mod/edit question, private message me and I'll check in the admin logs and admin bin. New Mod types, be sure to MOVE MESSAGES TO THE ADMIN BIN, and do not delete them.
Last edited by Lyion on Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Dimuza » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:05 am

well, it looks as though checking the logs isn't going to do much for you, since those logs aren't showing who's up to all the shinnanegans
Dimuza
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Lyion » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:09 am

The logs show all admin and mod actions, and by whom.

We know exactly who's doing what evil shenangins.

If something is edited and it doesn't show up in the admin/mod log, it wasn't done by an admin or mod.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby vonkaar » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:34 pm

You can tweak the mod if you want... if I remember it right...

It's all based on userlevels. Each user has a user level that corresponds to what access they have. I think I set it up something like, Admins are 1, main mods are 2, mods are 3, vips are 4, cat crew is 5, normal users are 6 and anonymous is 99. The "mods logs" modification logs edits made by those that are userlevels 1, 2 and 3. If you added 4 and 5, you would log edits made by EVERYONE (meaning, everytime someone corrects a typo even)... which would make the logs fill up pretty fast... but... it would log all the actions... you could see who is doing what.

You'd have to find which .php file the log program is in, and I totally forgot which it is. You could probably figure it out by hovering over the 'mods logs' button and see which .php file it calls.
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Next

Return to Board Feedback