what the hell is going on lately?

Questions, Comments, Or Complaints? Take Them Up With Management Here.

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Postby Jay » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:58 pm

What was it a pic of and was it of the same context as what Lyion posted?
Jay

Postby Insanityfair » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Was it the chick with the down the shirt shot that was his avatar?
Insanityfair
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Martrae » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:02 pm

It was a pic directed solely at Lyion, ie a personal attack.
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Jay » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:31 pm

So why is it every other personal attack gets left untouched unless I see it yet a Lyion personal attack gets modded with haste?
Jay

Postby Lyion » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:56 pm

Not enough Admin Abuse. Also, generally stuff that isn't private is left alone on EE.

Also, aren't you a mod? Shouldn't you be, you know, moderating?
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Jay » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:06 pm

I moderate when I see it and I do it without prejudice, which is more than both admins combined unless someone's targeting them specifically. You only moderate when someone hurts your ego from what I can see.
Jay

Postby Lyion » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:35 pm

I rarely moderate personal attacks on myself. I lightly moderate because I don't hit the board as much as others. I also don't get in large flamewars with the locals I'm trying to be fair with, either, then complain about others egos. Feel free to search the forums for Toss, Arlos, Zan and many others who have flamed the bejesus out of me, and I've not moderated them for doing so.

I did mod this time just because we were having a good discussion. His jpeg didnt bother me at all, as it was pretty lame, like most personal attacks. I usually mod when asked, and try and be fair. I ask for input from others, even those who don't agree with me on much. I don't care to moderate posts, to be honest.

I'm glad you feel you moderate without prejudice, it's a shame you don't seem to consistently be civil to others, like your post above, and that some feel you are fairly biased in your moderation. This is just another episode of you trying to be a mod, and yet doing nothing but inciting. I've not removed your mod powers, even when asked to by Martrae and Darcler, because I think you try the best you can. I hope you stop being so antagonistic towards others, but that's your choice.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Gypsiyee » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:43 pm

lyion wrote: I've not removed your mod powers, even when asked to by Martrae and Darcler, because I think you try the best you can.

well there's a shit pot waiting to be stirred ><
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Jay » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:57 pm

lyion wrote:I rarely moderate personal attacks on myself. I lightly moderate because I don't hit the board as much as others. I also don't get in large flamewars with the locals I'm trying to be fair with, either, then complain about others egos. Feel free to search the forums for Toss, Arlos, Zan and many others who have flamed the bejesus out of me, and I've not moderated them for doing so.

I did mod this time just because we were having a good discussion. His jpeg didnt bother me at all, as it was pretty lame, like most personal attacks. I usually mod when asked, and try and be fair. I ask for input from others, even those who don't agree with me on much. I don't care to moderate posts, to be honest.

I'm glad you feel you moderate without prejudice, it's a shame you don't seem to consistently be civil to others, like your post above, and that some feel you are fairly biased in your moderation. This is just another episode of you trying to be a mod, and yet doing nothing but inciting. I've not removed your mod powers, even when asked to by Martrae and Darcler, because I think you try the best you can. I hope you stop being so antagonistic towards others, but that's your choice.

I keep everything in it's appropriate section. If you go back and check your logs I've not broken 1 rule. If I've ever caught myself saying something wrong in the wrong forum, which normally happens seconds after I post it, I go back to edit myself. Am I antagonistic and at even times a bad poster? Hell yeah I am, but always in EE, or alehouse or R&F. I'm always civil in the appropriate sections and when I'm not, I know I'm doing it in the right sections as well. As far as "trying to be a mod" or "inciting" that wouldn't happen if there were any legitimate guidelines or clear information that I have to go on. I have to use my discretion which I accept if you don't always think I make the right decision.

You want an example of how unclear the modding guidelines are? I've modded you twice Lyion. Both times because you posted what I felt was the wrong forum. Once because you posted a video of a girl stripping nude which I slapped on NWS and moved to EE, imo, the appropriate course of action. You PM'd me with something saying it was clear that she was stripping so it's no longer NWS and proceeded to edit me to make me call myself an overmoderating asshole. The other time, some shit about a cartoon on TV which I moved to ET and you came back with some made up shit about how NT Fit Forum is the official parenting forum.

I try to follow the rules to the letter and try my best to do whatever was asked of me whatever tools I've got which is a lot less than what I can say in your case. You seem to just have a thrill with imposing your super cool admin powers on people when they get your panties tangled up.

Lastly, I know about the whole thing with Darcler but why would Mart ask you to remove my modness? She can't do it herself? And she seems to think I do a good job unless she's just bullshitting.
Jay

Postby Lyion » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:16 pm

Jay wrote:]You want an example of how unclear the modding guidelines are? I've modded you twice Lyion. Both times because you posted what I felt was the wrong forum. Once because you posted a video of a girl stripping nude which I slapped on NWS and moved to EE, imo, the appropriate course of action. You PM'd me with something saying it was clear that she was stripping so it's no longer NWS and proceeded to edit me to make me call myself an overmoderating asshole. The other time, some shit about a cartoon on TV which I moved to ET and you came back with some made up shit about how NT Fit Forum is the official parenting forum.

Why not ask a question? Check
http://namelesstavern.net/viewtopic.php?t=2426

and then ask.

I posted a link that went to a site that had a clickable video with a huge title saying PETA girl strips for a cause in EE. The link did not go directly to a video. The huge title on the page kinda gave it away.

The other was you not understanding the forums. Again, instead of asking a question you jumped in with both feet. NT fit forum has been used in the manner it has for a while. More patience. Less jumping on trivial things.

I try to follow the rules to the letter and try my best to do whatever was asked of me whatever tools I've got which is a lot less than what I can say in your case. You seem to just have a thrill with imposing your super cool admin powers on people when they get your panties tangled up.

Lastly, I know about the whole thing with Darcler but why would Mart ask you to remove my modness? She can't do it herself? And she seems to think I do a good job unless she's just bullshitting.

The problem here are the rules are there to make the board as bearable as possible. They are based on COMMON SENSE. If I had posted a direct link to a XXX site it would've deserved NWS. If someone had complained, I'd understand. Nobody complained. You created an issue from nothing, as you have done multiple times here.

You act in an overzealous manner at times, instead of using simple logic. People will bitch regardless of what you do. The trick is to act in a consistent way and to not be an antagonistic guy for 10 pages in EE, then go and mod someone overzealously, as that is uncool in my opinion.

Moving my post from NT was uncalled for, and merely antagonstic, as was modding my post in EE. 75% of my mods are due to people PMing me and asking. Yours appear to be mostly proactive and unnecessary.

The Administration reserves the right to use their best judgment in these matters. If a member of the administration staff feels that any item on the board including, but not restricted to, posts, threads, members, avatars, signatures or any other member action violates any rule (even if the violation is obscure) or merely creates a bad vibe, they will have the freedom to make any necessary changes to the violating object.

Anyways, I've removed your Moderator Rights, since the Admin staff is pretty unanimous about it. It's not an issue anymore. You may have to reactivate your account.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Gypsiyee » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:21 pm

I'd say that falls in the category of uncalled for.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby 10sun » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:23 pm

lyion wrote:I am a douche
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Lyion » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:25 pm

Gypsiyee wrote:......

I'd say that falls in the category of uncalled for.

Perhaps, but the mod/admin team has a pretty good history of trying to work together, and to be collegial. Jay has had issues with pretty much everyone else and has been part of the problem, not part of the solution.

I screw up, as do the rest of us, but we try to run this place as well as we can. If I see something I disagree with, I try to use common courtesy to other admins/mods.

I like Jay as a person, but it's fairly agreed upon to remove his moderator status. No biggie, life goes on.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Gypsiyee » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:42 pm

I will say I have to say that I'm confused by this unanimous decision based on this quote from today.. not even a couple hours ago.

Martrae wrote:
Why I ever became mod along with Lueyen is beyond me.

I was in a mood and you fit it. You've done a good job so I'm happy.

I have done some of the stuff you suggested, others can wait for Gidan.

Don't believe the moderator titles you see. Many of them only have the title and no power whatsoever....this suits my sense of humor so I don't worry about it.

This was in response to Jay.. now I just fail to see how she can say she's happy with a job well done and then a couple hours later because you say something she all the sudden is unhappy and wants his mod privileges revoked. In all fairness, and this isn't a knock at Darc, Darc isn't an admin - Gid is. This isn't to say I understand why she isn't an admin considering by convenience she sees everything an admin can see, but the fact of the matter is she isn't an admin so she isn't really part of the unanimous decision.

It would appear to me that this is mostly your decision because you disagree with Jay's modding.. while I agree that he can be overzealous, he at least did something, which is more than I can say for most of the powers on this board who I honestly have no idea why they hold the title other than to say hey I'm a board moderator. The other moderators serve mostly no purpose and browse just like anyone else - so Jay is antagonistic.. really though Lyion, you are too and you know it - you know that most people on this board are in disagreement with you or your beliefs 90% of the time, so I fail to see how you can hold that against him.

Yeah, he's my friend and I'm of course going to say something in his defense partially due to that.. but honestly he did his part as a mod and there was no mistake that he did take part in the responsibilities of being one, which is more than I can say for the others. Not that I dislike any of the others, I just don't see what they contribute to the moderation of this board.
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Jay » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:44 pm

Deleting my acct is kinda drastic don't you think or should I give you the benefit of the doubt and call it (yet another) a technical error?
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Lyion » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:54 pm

I'll see if I can merge your accounts tomorrow. If it was deleted, I apologize, but it's a pain to remove mod abilities.

Gyp, you are missing the point that the admin/mod group is a team. It was a team when it was Vonk/Azlana/Neb/me, and it's a team today. Darc is a part of that team as She and Gid host and run this site.

I can be antagonistic, and I post a bit too sarcastically harsh, but I try to admit mistakes and I give the rest of the team common courtesy.

I agree with Mart that Jay has done a good job moderating, but in my opinion has been overzealous. I removed his mod not due to this, or modding me which is fine but simply because of his interaction with the admin/mods.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Darcler » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:55 pm

PENISES COME OUT SWINGING!!!
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Gypsiyee » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:03 pm

lyion wrote:I agree with Mart that Jay has done a good job moderating, but in my opinion has been overzealous. I removed his mod not due to this, or modding me which is fine but simply because of his interaction with the admin/mods.

I'm not trying to start a fire here or something Lyion, I'm honestly just really confused at the logic here so pardon my questioning, I just want some clarity is all - what interaction with the admin/mods? That I know of he gets along fine with Mart, he's friends with Darc, and the other mods (sans Lueyen who doesn't seem to have a gripe with anyone) don't post much at all so there's little to no interaction with them that I can see.

The only negative interaction I've seen with any mod/admin is you, and it's hardly fair to base that type of decision on something on a more personal level, imo. I just feel it was a hasty decision, and unless there was some conversing in a chat room that you all just happened to be in at the same time, I don't see how it could've been a unanimous thought out decision, but a decision based on your feelings of his abilities and attitude.

Also.. I'm having a hard time swallowing the 'the admins and mods are a team, and we work together' pill - it's never been apparent that the admin team works together as a well oiled engine, at least not with this particular group - it's always seemed that there was a bit of a lack of communication there.
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Lyion » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:09 pm

Feel free to PM Darc and Martrae and ask their opinions. I've given mine, and yes we chat together as do others via instant messenger and other means.

There's nothing personal here. I like Jay, and think he's a good guy, and like reading his posts.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Darcler » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:15 pm

I'll give my opinion flat out.

I wanted either his mod status removed or the rules changed. Jay is very azn when it comes to following rules, even though he was inturpreting them wrong. I like the rules. I like them how they are honestly. But as they are, Jay was supermodding things that didnt need to be modded. That's what I had issue with. People were complaining about it, I brought it up directly with Lyion instead of pussyfooting around and whining to the general public, who can do nothing.
Anyway, I like Jay, Jay knows of my eternal love for him, so it wasnt really personal. I'd have done the same had it been Lue or Mop or Ganzo (both of which dont post regularly...cleanup methinks)
Lyion, yes you overmod also, but there is nothing I can do about it.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Jay » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:18 pm

I'm not mad at all that I had my mod privs taken away considering I modded stuff like once a month or so but for you to say you made this decision based on the admin/mod team is a falicy. That's fine, I'll enjoy this board just the same without mod status but I just find it funny that you can't clean up the moderators but you removed my status with haste. Am I being antagonistic by posting this stuff? I'll be honest this is kinda fun but really I'm just tired of seeing this board lose a member at a time due to your flaming hypocrisy. I guess I better be more careful about the rules now. Wouldn't want your selective rule abiding to kick in and get myself banned.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tacks » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:20 pm

Owned, you stupid motherfucker
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Jay » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:21 pm

Yes, yes ><

I miss my post count and registered user date =\
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby araby » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:25 pm

you have a goat. and some points of goat.
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tacks » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:29 pm

You brought all the shit upon yourself, it wasn't like you couldn't see it coming. As part of "administration" you were hurting the board more than helping it. Through PM's with several people, YOU ALONE and your fucking azn nazi bullshit power mongering was a reason not to post here any longer.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Board Feedback