Downtime

Questions, Comments, Or Complaints? Take Them Up With Management Here.

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Downtime

Postby Gidan » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:03 am

Sorry about that, didn't notice soon enough but it should be good now. Shared servers suck but dont have he $$ atm to move back to a dedicated server. Some day.
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
Gidan
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Re: Downtime

Postby Tikker » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:38 am

Gidan wrote:Sorry about that, didn't notice soon enough but it should be good now. Shared servers suck but dont have he $$ atm to move back to a dedicated server. Some day.

I know I've asked this a billion times, and been ignored a billion times, but how much bandwidth does this board use?

I do happen to be the guy in charge of a bunch of OC192s, i'm betting I have enough room~
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Gidan » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:03 pm

Only about 10 - 15G a month
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
Gidan
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tikker » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:15 pm

any idea peak flow thru it?
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Gidan » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:19 am

Unfortunately no, I really dont have very good stats available to me. In general its not a bandwidth heavy site at all. Hell I could probably host the site from home on my internet but its not exactly a reliable way to keep it online :).

My intent is to move it back onto a dedicated server where I have full control over mysql which is what caused our last outage. The shared box its on must have gotten a new customer that is killing the mysql server. Not to mention being able to work on some of the other projects that I am thinking of for NT and not have to worry about whether the shared box will allow them.

Sadly a cheap shared box will run me 70ish a month that I am not ready to spend at this moment.
Gidan
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Ouchyfish » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:21 am

Claim it on your taxes as some kind of research. =)
Lyion wrote:If Hillary wins Texas and Ohio, she'll win the nomination.

Tossica wrote:Seriously, there is NO WAY Sony is going to put HD-DVD out of the game.
Ouchyfish
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Jay » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:44 am

Or the people here could drop some donations.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Return to Board Feedback