Maintenance

Questions, Comments, Or Complaints? Take Them Up With Management Here.

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Maintenance

Postby Gidan » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:36 am

For those of you who noticed, NT was down briefly for maintenance. I hope no posts were lost, I waited until 1:30am to do it to try and limit any issues.

For the majority of you who goto namelesstavern.net, you may have noticed you were redirected to namelesstavern.com. You do not need to change anything, I have updated DNS for the site but its may take a day to update. Hopefully, no one will be effected by this. If you know someone is having trouble connecting, please let me know asap.
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
Gidan
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Re: Maintenance

Postby Tossica » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:52 am

I have to log in every time I visit now.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby leah » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:53 am

DUDE ME TOO. i was just about to post a topic about it b/c it's driving me nurtz hehe ><
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Gypsiyee » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:43 am

oh me too, I thought I did something wrong though.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Martrae » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:12 pm

Y'all suck. I haven't had to log in once.
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Gidan » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:29 pm

When you log in, put a check in that nifty box that says "Log me on automatically each visit" before you click the login button.

If it doesn't work let me know.
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
Gidan
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Gypsiyee » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:45 pm

It doesn't, or I wouldn't have made the post =)

It worked fine before, but now it just clears every time. Cookies were cleared and whatnot, but still having the issue
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Gidan » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:58 pm

Anyone who is having this problem, please do the following.

Please send me a PM. I need you to provide me the following.

IP address from ping namelesstavern.net

A copy of your address bar before you log in.

I also need the Name, Content, Domain, Path and Expiration for your cookies related to namelesstavern. They should be listed as either namelesstavern.com or namelesstavern.net
Gidan
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby leah » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:59 pm

huhm, well it stopped doing it now >< i wonder what that was all about. relieved, though, i'll tell ya what.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Gidan » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:09 pm

This should now be resolved.

Everyone else who was having that problem. Clear your cookies, log in again checking the the box to stay logged in. Close your browser and open again. If you are still havng problems PM me with the previously requested info.
Gidan
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Narrock » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:52 pm

Works for me now after clearing the cookies. :hiphop:
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Martrae » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:43 am

Ok...today I had a problem logging in at all. As soon as I logged in and went to the main page it logged me out again. Then I changed my bookmark from .net to .com and all was right with the world.
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Gidan » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:13 pm

If you are still haveing problems, deleting your cookies should fix the issue. I had to make a small change to the cookies I was sending out to accomdate multiple domains. This screwed up everyone who had a namelesstavern.net cookie when I did it. Once you flush out the old cookies and accept the new ones, you will be all set.
Gidan
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby leah » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:31 am

ok so i know i'm one of the very few ppl who gets email notifications, but the ones i get are for .net, and they send me to the login page and i log in and it says "successfully logged in" and then goes back to the login page again. could you change the email notifications to direct me to .com?
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Gidan » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:53 am

Have you cleared out your old .net cookies? The reason the .com is working and not the .net is probably because you still have an out dated .net cookie stored.

If you still have problems, find the cookies for .net and .com and PM me all data for each so that I can figure out why yours isn't working.
Gidan
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Return to Board Feedback