Religious Forum

Questions, Comments, Or Complaints? Take Them Up With Management Here.

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Should Mindia be given his own religious forum?

Yes
52%
No
48%

Total votes : 27

Religious Forum

Postby Narrock » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:10 pm

I would like to have my own forum, and also be the official moderator of this forum, where we can openly discuss the Bible, Christianity, Judaism, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhism, Atheism, Agnosticism, Christian Apologetics, etc. in a totally religious-only forum.

I have been getting quite a few PM's from people here asking me about various religious subjects from Old Testament questions, to New Testament questions, to "how do I... ?" questions, to "what's the difference between the many types of Bibles?, to "My pastor told me <confidential> this... what do you think?" to "I saw the Passion, and I don't understand why..." etc. questions.

Before you Mindia-bashers are quick to be nay-sayers to this forum, please think about how interesting, informative and fun it can be. What do you say about a trial? If it doesn't work, then we delete it. If it does work... great! Some people really do want to learn about religion here. I think it will turn out to be a very popular forum. Maybe Vonk, Lyion, Martrae, Kalec, Kaemon, Mop, and any other moderators can discuss this amongst yourselves and make a decision later.

The only rules would be these: (And these will be stickied)

1. You may debate issues.
2. You must respect other people's opinions.
3. Absolutely no personal attacks allowed whatsoever.

All I'm asking for is a trial, but I want to be the moderator since I am probably most interested in this, and it was my idea. :P

Just think about it. Thanks.
~M
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Adivina » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:25 pm

I like this idea, as long as it does not become clouded by just one religion and remains an open forum for all religious discussion. I love talking about and studying religion. :)
Donnel wrote:
Erodalak wrote:Who needs an education when you are hawt like advina

fixt :P
Adivina
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby brinstar » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:28 pm

personally, i would be hesitant to participate in any serious discussion there knowing your penchant for "LOL FIXT" posts and your well-documented history of angry, spiteful irrationality. though i cannot speak for anyone else, i am guessing there are others who feel similarly.

(and yes, i realize the irony inherent in me saying this, considering i routinely ninja-edit posts in the cat crew forum. however, that doesn't really compare because that forum is the exact OPPOSITE of a serious-discussion-only type of forum)

but fair is fair, so i'm voting yes to a trial period-- just make sure you yourself stick to those three rules just as religiously (hehe) as i am sure you will enforce them upon others.
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Lyion » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:30 pm

I am involved in a lot of religious discussions in real life, and I enjoy them immensely.

I do not see a big audience for this type of discussion here, though. A majority of people here are secular young people, without much of a background or a desire to discuss religion.

Given the results of the threads you've had in the past on religion, I'd be very wary of letting you moderate a forum here, Mindia.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Phlegm » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:41 pm

No. If anyone wants to discuss religions or the meaning of life, there is already is a pretty good forum for them. Post there.

http://www.iidb.org/vbb/index.php
Phlegm
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Jei » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:03 pm

i voted yes

what could it hurt
Jei
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Eziekial » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:37 pm

I really don't know what to think of Mindia anymore so I voted yes for shear entertainment value. If it goes well then I look forward to simulating discussions on a very mature topic. If it goes badly, well... it will be more grist for the comedic mill.
Eziekial
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby The Kizzy » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:55 pm

I think if Mindia can prove that he can be adult and mature, WHICH HE HAS PROVEN TO ME LATELY, that we should give it a shot.
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Shannan » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:59 pm

I vote yes as long as ALL religious posts go there and NO WHERE else :angel:
Shannan
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tae-Bo » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:39 pm

my knee-jerk reaction on reading this thread was to vote no but after thinking about it for 5 seconds i've decided yes so moderators plz discount my vote thx you
Chances are very good that you've never touched Linux a day in your pathetic life.
Tae-Bo
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Trielelvan » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:05 pm

Yes.

Crielle wrote:I vote yes as long as ALL religious posts go there and NO WHERE else :angel:

My sentiments exactly. :wub:
HyPhY GhEtTo MaMi wrote:GeT ofF mAh OvaRiEz
Trielelvan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Narrock » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:25 pm

Well of course I would stick to the rules. If I didn't then I'd get canned. And I don't want to get canned. So I'm not going to break the rules. :boots: :angel:
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby vonkaar » Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:00 am

I already said no.

poll results are nugatory
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Harrison » Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:10 am

I vote yes.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Langston » Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:39 am

Sorry, Mindia, but you have already proven your inability to respect others' opinions and for you to be given moderator privileges of such a forum would be empowering you to further disrespect those who disagree with you. I have yet to see you have the ability to open-mindedly listen to someone that doesn't believe the same as you and not criticize, attack, or insult them.

I do not believe you have the capacity to run such a forum.

No.
Mindia wrote:I was wrong obviously.
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Narrock » Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:58 am

Ugzugz wrote:Sorry, Mindia, but you have already proven your inability to respect others' opinions and for you to be given moderator privileges of such a forum would be empowering you to further disrespect those who disagree with you. I have yet to see you have the ability to open-mindedly listen to someone that doesn't believe the same as you and not criticize, attack, or insult them.

I do not believe you have the capacity to run such a forum.

No.

You're confusing "inability to respect others' opinions" with knee-jerk reactions people got for criticising and disrespecting me. From Rust posting nothing but propaganda to you arguing just for the sake of arguing.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Narrock » Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:19 am

vonkaar wrote:I already said no.

You said people would spam you with PM's if you did do it. How are annoying spam PM's to you by a handful of whiny people anywhere near being a good enough reason to deny a trial version of a Christian forum and giving me a fair shot? I already stated twice that I would adhere to the rules. Adherence to rules =/= moderator abuse. I know that I would be de-moderated if I "stepped over the line." People have expressed an interest. Where's the hangup?

Lyion has abused his moderator powers (not lately) by violating the rules of Current Affairs, and letting his "faves" also do so without banning them. Brinstar changed entire posts people make in the Kat Krew forum. Yet, you can't let good ol' conservative republican Christian Mindia have a shot... 3 months ago about 40 pople out of 100 regulars voted to ban me. I bet that number would be less today than it was 3 months ago.

Anyway, it's your board and your decision Vonk, but you are not being objective in the slightest. Don't let your bias against Christianity (Like the "stupid fucking Christian" who made you fall down and break your arms while you were rollerblading too fast and out of control) influence your decision. :boots:

Let's give it a go. It'll be a good thing, I promise.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Re: Religious Forum

Postby Drem » Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:35 am

Mindia wrote:Religious Forum

Mindia wrote:where we can openly discuss the Bible, Christianity, Judaism, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhism, Atheism, Agnosticism, Christian Apologetics, etc. in a totally religious-only forum.

Mindia wrote:a Christian forum

you're already showing your narrow-mindedness and you haven't even gotten it approved yet. i was going to vote yes but now i've voted no.

and brinstar is not the only person changing posts in our forum. almost a dozen of us have moderator rights in that forum.
Last edited by Drem on Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Lyion » Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:15 am

http://forum.catholic.org/

I post there, so feel free to go and join the fun, Mindia. People with a lifetime of religious studies post there.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby 10sun » Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:34 am

Mindia wrote:
vonkaar wrote:I already said no.

You said people would spam you with PM's if you did do it. How are annoying spam PM's to you by a handful of whiny people anywhere near being a good enough reason to deny a trial version of a Christian forum and giving me a fair shot? I already stated twice that I would adhere to the rules. Adherence to rules =/= moderator abuse. I know that I would be de-moderated if I "stepped over the line." People have expressed an interest. Where's the hangup?

Lyion has abused his moderator powers (not lately) by violating the rules of Current Affairs, and letting his "faves" also do so without banning them. Brinstar changed entire posts people make in the Kat Krew forum. Yet, you can't let good ol' conservative republican Christian Mindia have a shot... 3 months ago about 40 pople out of 100 regulars voted to ban me. I bet that number would be less today than it was 3 months ago.

Anyway, it's your board and your decision Vonk, but you are not being objective in the slightest. Don't let your bias against Christianity (Like the "stupid fucking Christian" who made you fall down and break your arms while you were rollerblading too fast and out of control) influence your decision. :boots:

Let's give it a go. It'll be a good thing, I promise.

Let me remind you of what this website is about... video games. Go make your own website and do your thing there.

Personally I'd be fine with it if you weren't a moderator, but you just proved with a childish outburst that you are trying to be deceitful and further your own agenda rather than stimulate actual discussion.

-Adam
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Lyion » Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:54 am

Mindia wrote:
Lyion has abused his moderator powers (not lately) by violating the rules of Current Affairs, and letting his "faves" also do so without banning them. .

Good thing I'm an Administrator, and not a moderator! I'm curious who my favorites are. I make mistakes, but I think most people believe I'm consistent here.

That is where your problem is, Mindia. You are consistently disrespectful and segue threads on to the same topics derailing good discussions in moderated forums. I have yet to see you ever take the highroad when someone says something you percieve as being offensive.

What you can do is create your own forum or board and invite people there. I'd suggest that route, since frankly we aren't comfortable with a religious forum here, no matter who is moderating it.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby vonkaar » Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:05 am

It wouldn't be a good thing. Here's why:

1. Nobody, I repeat, NOBODY would agree with making you a moderator... especially over a religious forum. Azlana and I are liberals, but we can be *sufficiently* subjective in our view of the conservative wackjobs :teehee: to allow for a semblance of fair moderation. Even so, we balance this out with the vice-admiral wackjob Lyion keeping things in check. NOBODY has ever seen any reason to believe that you are capable, in the least, of any tolerant views of religion. Why not create a subforum and call it, "Reasons why you are going to hell" moderator: Mindia? It'd be the same thing.

2. I Don't want to ENCOURAGE religious discussions. Strange, considering that it's one of the main things that I'm known to argue. It's not healthy for the board. People get sick of it. It wasn't always like this... when Leadaira and that paladin dude were the crusaders - life wasn't so negative. It wasn't until you showed up and started condemning everyone... started arguing with the most inane tactics ever employed in NT polemics: I win, despite popular consensus that I'm making no sense; SPAM; etc... you basically made life on NT feel very negative. So yeah, 40 votes was an easy decision. I made an arcade forum. I made a fitness forum. I made a goofball forum for the catcrew. Boom. Fun and games again - focus off the negative, back onto the positive.

3. The 'interest' you are getting on this poll is mostly from the people that don't participate in your discussions - it's from the people that want a convenient place to ignore. (I know, I can see the voters). These aren't the people who engage in religious debates... these are the people that whine to me about your thread-crappage. Voting 'yes' isn't a vote in your favor, it is kin to a vote to ban you. This goes back to my earlier point - people are tired of arguing your style of religious debate. Prove that you can change and opinions might refashion themselves in your favor.

Also...

The cat crew's forum is their own little litterbox... changing posts or doing any of that comes with the territory. They aren't really 'moderators'... just people with extraordinary super-human powers.
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Spacewoman Spiff » Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:39 am

Yeah man some of my best work has been in the ninja editing of posts in our forum... don't give all the snaps to Alex because it makes me sad and depressed like marijuana. :(
:lourdes:
Spacewoman Spiff
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby vonkaar » Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:57 am

And Marijuana is often sad and depressed 8(

:cry: even
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Spacewoman Spiff » Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:00 am

Oh Vonkaar, hold me! *weeps uncontrollably*
:lourdes:
Spacewoman Spiff
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Next

Return to Board Feedback