new LCD screen, need you advice please

Ask the few things google does not know

Moderator: Dictators in Training

new LCD screen, need you advice please

Postby baddwin » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:14 pm

Hi, i getting tired of my old 17", it's preforming ok but i think its me who getting old and need something bigger. I was thinking of a 23-24 wide screen, but i was wondering what the best between the different format so i get the best size. I got a GTS 8800 with 640 mg so i should be ok to drive high resolution.

Let me know your experience with those wide screen as i always used regular screen in the past.

Thank you in advance.
baddwin
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Re: new LCD screen, need you advice please

Postby Naethyn » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:30 pm

I bought a ASUS VW246H Black 24" last week. It's great. The colors are SO much better than my old monitor. Can't beat the price too.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6824236049
Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby baddwin » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:47 pm

Y'a i have been looking for Asus for a little time now, but how is it in full 1920 x 1080, is it very easy to see the text message in a game?

I know it will be better then running my 17 inch, but i was wondering is a lower resolution will give a better image for mmo game.
baddwin
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Naethyn » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:57 pm

I play eq2 at 1920x1080 and it looks great. Everything reads fine.
Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Gidan » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:52 pm

I would suggest the exact same monitor
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
Gidan
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Naethyn » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:47 am

One minor thing I found with it. There are two ports on the back. One is for the built in speakers and the other I would think is for a mic. The speakers work fine. But when I plug in a mic everything goes silent. The speakers stop working, the mic doesnt work. The description specs of the monitor don't mention a mic anywhere. I'm guessing it was made for another model and they just used the same part or something.

Nothing big, but something I've found.
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby baddwin » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:12 am

I checked the image and it look like a second headset plug more then a mic, try a headset and see if you have sound. I ordered the other Asus model, should received it in a few day from newegg.ca, i can't wait to see it on my desk =D.

Thank for the advice.
baddwin
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby baddwin » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:08 am

Btw i receive my new monitor and it's really great, nice color its very sharp image, Kudo Asus!
baddwin
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Return to Tech Support