MS Sharepoint experts

Postby ClakarEQ » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:23 pm

Do any exist here?
ClakarEQ
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Re: MS Sharepoint experts

Postby vonkaar » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:35 am

I know a little, but I work with a MS Sharepoint MVP and he could probably answer any questions you have. What's up?
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Re: MS Sharepoint experts

Postby ClakarEQ » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:33 pm

I had some questions on the customizations on WSS (so not MOSS), regarding the change of location for "subsites".

Right now subsites appear in the left pane, peer "full" sites appear on the top pane, I'd like my WSS subsites to show on the top pain (like "tabs").

This issue stems from MOSS being a pay for product and WSS being free. MOSS allows enterprise seraching across peer sites, subsites, and all their document libraries, etc. WSS only allows this type searching across subsites. I'd like my WSS to act like MOSS.

As I understand it you have to customize all the "tabs" in WSS if you want to do what I'm asking. However I don't have any expertise in the product to confirm or deny this customization "requirement".

It is a method of cheating if you will but acceptable cheating LOL.
ClakarEQ
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Return to Tech Support