Vonkaar

Let's throw things at them!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Postby The Kizzy » Fri May 28, 2004 9:43 am

vonk-edit: sorry
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tacks » Fri May 28, 2004 9:44 am

vonk-edit: sorry taxx
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tacks » Fri May 28, 2004 9:48 am

Let me make this clear.Let me make this clear.Let me make this clear.Let me make this clear.Let me make this clear.Let me make this clear.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby vonkaar » Fri May 28, 2004 9:58 am

Guys... I can't defend your making personal attacks in the open like this... other NT Gods might not be so happy.
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Dylan » Fri May 28, 2004 9:59 am

So like.. why does Euphoria let loot rot before giving it to members that need it as a upgrade just because they don't have enough dkp? I mean, after a few raids they will have made it up, dubya tee eff mates?
Dylan
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby The Kizzy » Fri May 28, 2004 10:03 am

I cant wait for Xaasf to get back from vacation
Zanchief wrote:

The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby The Kizzy » Fri May 28, 2004 10:03 am

pssst. Vonkaar, its rants and flames, where else are we supposed to flame someone?
Zanchief wrote:

The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Diekan » Fri May 28, 2004 10:05 am

Waaayyyyy back when... I had taken some time off to move (maybe a month or so) and when I got back my old guild PoF (Paragons of Fury - for you newbies who don't remember that old school group of ass kickers) had disbanned. Well, being with no guild and wanting to raid I thought long and hard about a home. I had made my mind up that Crimson Tempest was where I wanted to spend tthe rest of my EQ days, but they didn't have a need for an extra Rogue at the time, so all I could do was wait for my chance to apply. Well, time went on and I began to get bored, and more or less lose interest in the game... then I was asked to try out of Euphoria. At first I was hesitant because I knew that the first chance I got to try out for CT I would... But, at the time Euph's recruiter made a good impression on me and I thought it best to at least raid some and then move on to my first guild of choice when the time was right.

I had made some good friends in Euph and had some good times, and for a time I started to comtemplate staying with them on a perm basis. When the time came that CT had a Rogue spot open up... I was informed by a my oldest EQ friend (a member of CT at the time)... I had to make the choice to either stay with Euph (with the new friends I had made), or to deguild and apply to be with some of my oldest friends in the game. It was not a choice that I could easily make... I felt like I was betraying my friends in Euph and Euph herself, but at the same time I knew that CT was where I wanted to be in the first place.

Then it dawned me.... this is a fucking video game, and I wasn't about to be distressed over it. And, what does it matter what guild tag one wears when it comes to 'friendship?' Well, apparently to Tiriella it means everything.

I had deguilded to apply for CT and this is when my 'friendship' with Tiriella came to an end. She was upset at my leaving, and well I don't blame her, but on the same token I had expected our friendship to be stronger than the binds of a guild tag. But, rather than let the 'friendship' continue, she puts me on ignore and never spoke to me again. I kept in contact with Afton for the longest time after my leaving, hell I kept in contact with a lot of folks after that... none of which stopped being 'friends' with me because I changed guilds. Well, none except one. I enjoyed Tiri's company and our chats... it's to bad she let something like a guild tag destroy a 'friendship' regardless of how non 'face to face' it may have been.
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby 10sun » Fri May 28, 2004 10:05 am

Vonkaar, unless they were making posts involving RL info on a person(phone numbers, addresses etc), I do believe that it is incorrect to censor them making ad hominem attacks. That in itself takes away the very nature of R&F.

-Adam
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Treehorn » Fri May 28, 2004 10:11 am

While I do think that's a pretty dumb way of handling things, being that it's just a game and all, but maybe it could be seen as a way of circumventing the whole DKP system.

I mean, why waste your own points on an item that nobody else may want if you can get it for free because it was going to rot anyway? You'd have people just hoarding their DKP, and not bidding on items that they want/need if they felt there was a chance they could get it free because it was going to rot anyway. No?

Too bad it's so hard to run a merit/ need before greed kind of system. DKP is easier to run because it's pretty much black or white (you attend, you get points. No attendence, no points.), in theory, but niether system is perfect.
I don't need no instructions to know how to ROCK!
Treehorn
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tacks » Fri May 28, 2004 10:12 am

I don't care. Everyone knows who is Nameless's fat psycho whore anyways.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby 10sun » Fri May 28, 2004 10:23 am

There are quite a few who fit that description Taxx. If you said fucked someone for guildleadership, it would ring a bell and I'd be like oh yeah, thats right!

-Adam
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Tacks » Fri May 28, 2004 10:24 am

Hahaha
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tossica » Fri May 28, 2004 10:27 am

Who do I need to fuck? I wanna be a guild leader.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Sarthis » Fri May 28, 2004 11:24 am

I obviously missed something, but I require the story of how someone fucked someone else to be guild leader. A link to this story will suffice.

Deleting a guild's boards has incredible comedy potential.
-Michael
Sarthis
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Drunnken » Fri May 28, 2004 11:25 am

what a fizzled thread

way to freak out and go off with information that wasn't even right dumb bitches, you fail your junior private eye exams
Drunnken
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Tacks » Fri May 28, 2004 11:37 am

Who are you referring to?
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Drunnken » Fri May 28, 2004 11:56 am

everyone that thought they knew what they were talking about from 3rd hand information, but didn't.

and shit, he was paying for your site from 70% his own money and you bitch at him for messing with it? shows how unstable euphoria is if they fucking flip right the fuck out if their site goes off for half a day

how about people apologize to vonkaar by backpaying him for hosting your site for 3 years.
Drunnken
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby mynameisturman » Fri May 28, 2004 12:02 pm

how old are you people? this stupid ass post needs to die along with half the retards that post on it.... shit now im a retard.
mynameisturman
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Hmmm

Postby Gargamellow » Fri May 28, 2004 12:03 pm

I have equal respect for all involved. I see this as a SHIT HAPPENS situation and I withdraw any further comment from myself on this topic. It's dead anyway.
Gargamellow
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tacks » Fri May 28, 2004 12:04 pm

how old are you people? this stupid ass post needs to die along with half the retards that post on it.... shit now im a retard.

You registered just to post that, what a waste.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Ciladan » Fri May 28, 2004 12:04 pm

Metranon wrote:i would of thought you would be smarter than to post this crap

Now don't get me wrong. I'm sure there are lots of casual players who are still playing for the fun of a game. But that doesn't overshadow the vast majority (read: this thread) that get wrapped up in politics. In a game. A fucking video game. When is the line drawn that you realize you're not playing the game for fun, but you're playing the game because you have to?
Ciladan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby The Kizzy » Fri May 28, 2004 12:04 pm

heheh teehhhhe
Zanchief wrote:

The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby mynameisturman » Fri May 28, 2004 12:05 pm

yea... i did
mynameisturman
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Tacks » Fri May 28, 2004 12:05 pm

ANOTHER REVOLUTIONARY IDEA BY CILADAN, I have seen the light.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Namelesstavern's Finest