Euphoria vs Vonkaar (split from old topic)

Let's throw things at them!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Postby Tacks » Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:44 am

WTF it takes 2 minutes to change the text color, background color and add different link bars...real fucking tough.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby The Kizzy » Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:47 am

I smell a lawsuit brewing, I hope Vonkaar was smart enough to copywrite his work
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby vonkaar » Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:06 am

Ugzugz wrote:Well - all judgement aside - did you really expect them to develop a brand new format for the website? They stated, even here, that they had a backup of the old site and would be up and running again soon.

Personally, I would have been extremely surprised to see it look ANY different than the old.

New format? Dude... it was MY programming. It's not like they were using an ezboard that I setup and then stole the colors... they ripped my content straight off the site. They didn't even ask... things might have been different if they had. When we lost our first website, we started from scratch. Neplak retired and didn't have enough time to run things. So, Etana started a website. He programmed this from scratch. He then left to go apply with LoS, got denied and then retired... needless to say, we didn't want him to run things.

Soo... I went out on my own and fucking LEARNED basic HTML just so I could help my old guild out. I spent a LOT of time and effort on that shit. I'm sure a real HTML programmer would have been able to throw together a comparable site in an hour... but it wasn't that simple for me.

The thing that really pisses me off is how they went about doing this. Eqeuphoria.com was registered on 12-5-03. You Euphoria fanbois can point out the little rant that transpired a month ago... but your officers started this SIX months ago. I can keep repeating that the dispute between Tiriella and I had nothing to do with the prank. However, the 'prank' created a perfect catalyst for Tiriella and her flunkies to unveil this long-planned website. Oooh look, now everyone can hate Vonkaar... perfect time to move. Let's steal his work in the process.

December 5? What happened at that time that made people want to leave? Was I not updating frequently enough? Well... during that period, I made the following updates... 11-26, 12-03, 1-20, 1-27, 1-29, 1-30. What the fuck? That was my most active period... not to mention that was the time where I was arguably the most HELPFUL to the guild... with the hand-holding guides through the Plane of Time... Yet... yet... what the hell? They were looking for another host? I really don't get it.
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Langston » Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:14 am

Vonk - I said I was not judging the action - I'm only saying that I wasn't surprised. :)
Mindia wrote:I was wrong obviously.
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby vonkaar » Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:16 am

QUIT JUDGING ME! I DID NOTHING WRONG!!!
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Langston » Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:17 am

You have been found lacking...
Mindia wrote:I was wrong obviously.
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby labbats » Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:24 am

So, how many AAs do I have to have to try out for Euphoria? They sound awesome!
labbats
Mr. Ed
Mr. Ed

Postby Shadowmare » Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:13 am

heh that is pretty sad.
Shadowmare
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Captain Insano » Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:30 am

Does this mean euphoria holds the Numbar One Champions of Gay trophy that used to belong to War Dragon?
Tossica: No, you're gay because you suck on cocks.

Darcler:
Get rid of the pictures of the goofy looking white guy. That opens two right there.

Mazzletoffarado: That's me fucktard
Vivalicious wrote:Lots of females don't want you to put your penis in their mouths. Some prefer it in their ass.
Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby The Kizzy » Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:40 am

Ralf, you have got to change that sig, everythime I read one of your lame posts, I picture that guy (Kainne's frined? yes?) saying these stupid things, and that just isnt fair to him now is it?
Zanchief wrote:

The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby vonkaar » Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:43 am

Heh... just noticed this...

To top it all off... they deleted all of the posts out of my Euphoriaguild forums. Thanks... that's all I had left... old memories. Seriously... I wouldn't have cared if ya'll simply started fresh, LIKE I DID... started a new board, or... hell... even copied over the old board, post for post. But... why the fuck did you feel the need to WIPE the old board? That's just salt in the wound.
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby The Kizzy » Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:45 am

Because they are e cool. Dont let them bother you. I won't insert a mean comment about Tiriella here, because I am trying to be nicer, but I am sure you can figure what I am thinking.
Zanchief wrote:

The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tacks » Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:58 am

Oh you mean you won't talk about how Tiriella is a skank gutter whore who fucks admins and guildmembers then steals web sites? Ok I can understand why you don't want to talk about her.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Minrott » Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:13 pm

gay
Molon Labe
Minrott
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Kinnel » Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:43 pm

Normally I do not post here. But there seems to be misinformation going arround that I have just read.

Basic Whois results in

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.

Domain Name: EQEUPHORIA.COM
Registrar: PRIMUS TELCO PTY LTD DBA PRIMUSDOMAIN/PLANETDOMAIN
Whois Server: whois.planetdomain.com
Referral URL: http://www.planetdomain.com
Name Server: NS7.MECCAHOSTING.US
Name Server: NS8.MECCAHOSTING.US
Updated Date: 11-may-2004
Creation Date: 11-may-2004
Expiration Date: 11-may-2005

Come on no one here knows enough unix to do a whois comannd on a domain? Creation date 11-may-2004.

The Board is http://www.phpbb.com/ , Most of the Graphics and pics if they are intelectual property of any one, it is SOE. The DKP system is from http://eqdkp.com.

Perhaps some configuration was involved? Yes. Some html/php work? Yes.

Vonk did an excelent job for a long time. I am sure it was appreciated until something recently occured between him and the officers which he decided to share with the rest of "The Namless Tavern community". I say that as most of this community are self confessed to not even be a part of the "EQ Namless server community" any more. As I am not an officer and not Vonk, I have only second hand information about that.

But I do not believe any of the parties involved should pass on missinformation to try to prove they are right and the others are wrong. I hope the misinformation was an honest mistake and not intended as deception.
Kinnel
NT Bixie
NT Bixie

Postby vonkaar » Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:55 pm

Dnsstuff.com wrote:Domain Name: EQEUPHORIA.COM

Created on............: 12/05/2004 00:00:00

Expires on............: 11/05/2005 00:00:00

Record last updated on: 12/05/2004 00:00:00

Status................: ACTIVE

You are correct... 5/12/2004, dnsstuff apparently displays dates the way the crazy Euros do it.

All other points remain a shitty sore spot. I don't really care about the board or dkp... the configuration time was time I could have spent elsewhere, but... someone else would have done it np. Although... some of the images are my work... and I'd like for them to be removed... but... The SITE is the important thing. What does it show you when they remove 'vonk' from the front page? They ripped me off.
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Kharani » Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:04 pm

vonkaar wrote:Hi kyo.

for those that are curious.. the euphoria drama is about to go into high-gear.
Old website: http://www.euphoriaguild.com
New website: http://www.eqeuphoria.com

Can someone tell me what is wrong with their new website?

Absolutely nothing is different and why should it be? Tis the guild website and it would appear your timely updates where not timely enough and you where the only one that could update alot of the stuff and we wished to have a little faster movement on them. Sorry Vonk but at least you have NT.
Kharani
NT Bixie
NT Bixie

Postby Kinnel » Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:07 pm

Yea Euro time messes me up sometimes too.

I understand Vonk. I used to do websites for a local Rocky Horror cast long after I stopped participating. After the shock of not working on it and devoting time to the site, it was a relief to no longer have to be involved with an activity, which I was not participating in any more. Although I did not quit because I wanted to, like with a game. I had to due to my work schedule. They did change the page but took a little time to create a new one. It felt kinda weird for a while.

Say Vonk you still near the Arlington area? Maybe we can have a beer at Speeds some time or something.
Kinnel
NT Bixie
NT Bixie

Postby Tacks » Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:12 pm

WTF it takes 2 minutes to change the text color, background color and add different link bars...real fucking tough.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Martrae » Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:17 pm

Kharani wrote:
vonkaar wrote:Hi kyo.

for those that are curious.. the euphoria drama is about to go into high-gear.
Old website: http://www.euphoriaguild.com
New website: http://www.eqeuphoria.com

Can someone tell me what is wrong with their new website?

Absolutely nothing is different and why should it be? Tis the guild website and it would appear your timely updates where not timely enough and you where the only one that could update alot of the stuff and we wished to have a little faster movement on them. Sorry Vonk but at least you have NT.

Spoken by someone who never did any web work and doesn't understand the work that goes into developing one. Vonk is justified in feeling robbed.
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Azlana » Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:20 pm

Euph officers ripped Vonkaar off - why are people trying to justify it? He spent a lot of time on that guild, he built that site, and he did a whole lot of work for it's people. Regardless of whether or not someone likes him, or if they had/have a dispute over *anything*, his work should not have been stolen. It's tacky and the people in charge, Tiriella I would naturally assume, should change it. You don't need to change everything as it's very much a part of the guild, but jesus be a little more subtle about taking peoples shit.

p.s. Tiriella for real, get some Crest Whitestrips.
Azlana
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Martrae » Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:26 pm

If they wanted a 'new' site.....then it should have been all original work.
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby vonkaar » Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:26 pm

The fact is... nobody fucking asked. They went behind my back. Loomis even sent an email that read like, "I've been asked to make some updates to the website. Can I get FTP access?" As soon as I grant it... he (or whomever logged the account on) downloads the entire fucking site, even my stupid little Shirley Manson animated emoticons. As soon as they had a complete replica of my work, they push it onto their new host. Cong, working site. Oh, and... while we are at it, let's delete the old board that Vonk ran... why? Because we can.

At the very LEAST they could have been up front and told me what they were planning. If they simply ASKED... who knows what I would have done? Hell, even if they were convinced that I was some sort of self-servicing egomaniac, they could have had Arsh or Slobber or Taln... someone I knew... ask me. No matter how big of an asshole ya'll think I am... there *could* have been some way to approach me. Instead... subterfuge.

That's lame.

Hell, I'd have even 'sold' her euphoriaguild.com, lock stock and barrel. Just fucking ask me.
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Drunnken » Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:35 pm

don't listen to vonkaar, he's the manchurian candidate of EQ
Drunnken
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby The Kizzy » Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:36 pm

Sorry, not in the mood to be nice right now. WAKE UP EUPHORIA your GL is a user, she sucks what she can from you and then discards you at will. She has done it time and time again. Everytime she is given a leader position, she fcks the guild over, you have been warned.
Zanchief wrote:

The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

PreviousNext

Return to Namelesstavern's Finest