The Passion

Let's throw things at them!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Postby Ganzo » Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:22 am

Norglebuk wrote:
When God created the man, he said "Let him be in our image.". That may not be the exact line... but it's in Genesis and if you look it up, I promise... he uses the word our. The reason is, we were not created in his physical image, but in his spiritual image. With a Body, Soul, and Spirit. 3 in 1. Pretty good explanation I though... anywho

It's called the story was taken from some other people that believe in many gods, and instead of admitting to this with the use of the word OUR, they shoved the trinity in it. I do believe in god and I do believe in the trinity, yet I do not go forcing my beliefs on people and sounding like a fool from teachings of Father Webster ><

actualy i just looked it up original text and it says sheli = mine, for it to say our image it would require use of word anakhnu = our

if you want i can also post link to "why no Jesus" story for you
Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Norglebuk » Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:35 am

Point taken~ Also I am not a fundamentalist neither did I have orignal text.
Norglebuk
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby nobody special » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:42 pm

I'm bored, so ill post on a thread im sure noone reads, good for me.

The way i see it is this:

Given: God is omnipotent and omniscient, so God can not only control everything but is aware of everything that is, has been, and will be.

If we take this to be true, then free will doesnt exists.

...WTF did he say?

if God truly controls everything and is aware of everything, human free will, and indeed humanity itself is just an illusion, an elaborate puppet show ut on by God to amuse him/herself thoughout the eons.

and why is this?

if God can controll everything then God can control our actions our thoughts and our desires. To say these things are seperate from Gods power is to say God is not all powerful and therefore negate the existence of God. Though we may have an illusion of control, since God knows everything that ever will be, God already knows what we will decide, how it will go about, and whether or not it will suceed. God will even know if you will be wearing clean underwear when your going to do it, before the underwear was even made.

And if God is all-powerful, then we are all merky tools of God. Theoretically therefore there will be no Hell, because every bad thing we do in life is okay-ed by God before were even born. Because of this, if theres a God i should be able to buy a gun and start shooting random people until im shot down and i'll go directly to heaven. why is this? because god is all powerful and all knowing, therefore because s/he didnt take an active role in stopping me, which should be immensly simple for one with unlimited power, knowledge and wisdom, we can safley assume that God did indeed want me to go out and start killing random people.

Luckily, i am quite certain God doesn't exist, plus im not fond of violence.

Call me a heathen or a heritic if you want, but if you believe in God, you should realize that God wanted me to write all this, God wanted me not to believe, and if this is infact not true, then God obviously doesnt have the power nor the knowledge to stop me. Or God just couldnt give a rats ass about humanity, that works too.

The fleeting amusement im getting from this post is wearing off so im just going to end this/

If there ever was a God, God is dead, or God's on vacation, or God realized he doesnt like this tv station anymore and is instead watching old Bond movies or something. Or, if a powerful entity did bring us all into existence, with the universe and everything, they did a pretty botched up job and are no longer able to fix it.

and now im off, your God has deemed it nessicary for me to not care about you anymore.
nobody special
NT Bixie
NT Bixie

Postby The Kizzy » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:45 pm

You think Mindia has changed his tune?
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Spacewoman Spiff » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:07 pm

I miss Mindia QQ
:lourdes:
Spacewoman Spiff
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tossica » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:36 pm

Lourdes wrote:I miss Mindia QQ

I miss rampant boobage in the Whore House.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby The Kizzy » Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:54 am

Well, some of the boobie posters got kicked out, so can't help you there.
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby apolo » Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:17 pm

Mormons believe that when Jesus rose again, that He went to the Americas. Funny how there's nothing about that in the Bible

k

16 And aother• bsheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be cone• fold, and one shepherd.
<-- John 10:16 i think

also talked about the dead talking through live people.... must've got it mixed up with doing ordinances *for* the dead with a live person as proxy.

19 And I will agive• unto thee the bkeys of the ckingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt dbind• on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
<-- Matthew 16:19

few people understand the Bible as well as the Mormons... what's next? revelation 22:18? I've heard them all. for anyone who's interested~ Revelations was written prior to most of the books in the new testament; as the Bible is a compilation of books. Exodus has almost the exact same scirpture in it, too....

The book of Mormon ends at A.D. 421.... that's over 400 years after Christ visited the Americas; and far after the believers met Genocide.... A good book by a non-mormon is called "He walked the Americas" or something.... around 200 Native American (and native south american) Legends alluring to a white robed man who performed miracles all around.

I kinda don't feel like arguing....There is a promise from an ancient american prophet named Moroni that if you read the Book of Mormon and pray about it, then you'll recieve an answer if it's true. So i guess I'm just posting this for people's interest. =)

you can email me monkeeboi10@yahoo.com if you want, cause i really don't like arguing on boards. :wink:
apolo
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Tacks » Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:29 pm

I didn't read that but I don't listen to people who belong to cults.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby apolo » Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:30 pm

8 thousand posts, eh? ok
apolo
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Tacks » Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:34 pm

Taxx wrote:I didn't read that but I don't listen to people who belong to cults.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Langston » Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:37 pm

Wait... so let me make sure I have this right...

Jesus, after he was resurrected, didn't ascend into heaven, but rather he jumped the Atlantic and went to hang out with the American Indians for a while?

This is what you believe?
Mindia wrote:I was wrong obviously.
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tacks » Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:39 pm

Taxx wrote:
Taxx wrote:I didn't read that but I don't listen to people who belong to cults.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Harrison » Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:40 pm

There are a lot of legends in the native americans culture that involve a jesus-like figure.

It's not completely out of the question...if you believe in Jesus at all that is.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby apolo » Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:40 pm

The objective of this kind of pejorative labeling is to instantly create a negative and shocking impression as a diversionary tactic to undermine any possibility of an open-minded investigation of LDS beliefs and tenets.
Wayne D. Arnett

you can read that- cause i didn't write it. You can email me if you really wanna talk, taxx. I doubt you will, because your no-holds-barred liberalist attitude is exactly why you still troll these boards.
apolo
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Tacks » Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:41 pm

No, I just don't believe in ghosts like a little child.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby apolo » Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:43 pm

Wait... so let me make sure I have this right...

Jesus, after he was resurrected, didn't ascend into heaven, but rather he jumped the Atlantic and went to hang out with the American Indians for a while?

This is what you believe?

heh well i guess you could put it that way-- He established his Church in America as well as Jerusalem- with 12 apostles and all (which format we still follow today). Both Churches fell out of existence- i mentioned the believers in america met genocide, and all the apostles in Jerusalem save John the Revelator ( who most believe is still walking the earth) met quite grisly deaths after the crucifiction.
apolo
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Tacks » Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:49 pm

Is he like an Elf in lord of the rings who can live for thousands of years? Does he have hobbit friends?
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Langston » Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:49 pm

No really - I'm trying to understand this seriously:

I have NOT read the Book of Mormon. I just now perused very quickly the http://www.lds.org website looking at the Basic Beliefs section. I just now saw where it says that Lehi packed up his family and moved to North America in 600BC.

I just now am aquainting myself to what it is that the Mormons believe.

So can you answer my earlier question, please:

You believe that Jesus, after he was resurrected, didn't ascend into heaven, but rather he jumped the Atlantic and went to hang out with the American Indians (or descendants of Lehi and Nephi) for a while?

Were there already people living there when Lehi landed (after miraculously sailing across an ocean in the days when boats only amounted to shore-line capable vessels for fishing and small mercantilism) - you know, the ones that archaeologists have proven came across on the Barents Land Bridge during the last Ice Age? If so, how did they get along?

LDS.org states that they became a great nation... did they happen to notice that the Cherokee, Navajo, Creek, and many other "great nations" kinda already existed in their pre-modernistic forms?

This all comes across as ridicule, condescendsion, or criticism - but it's just that I'm having a hard time seeing it from a Mormon's perspective without additional information and insight.
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Langston » Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:50 pm

We posted at the same time - can you answer the other questions, if you don't mind?
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Harrison » Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:03 pm

Taxx wrote:Is he like an Elf in lord of the rings who can live for thousands of years? Does he have hobbit friends?

You're an idiot.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tacks » Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:09 pm

Well, does he?
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby apolo » Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:09 pm

No offense taken at all, Ugzugz- I'll try my best to answer your questions, though i doubt I'm really qualified to do so.

Yes- we believe Jesus, after the ressurection, proclaimed "Other sheep I have, which are not of this fold, them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd" That's from John 10:16, posted above.

The Book of Mormon would definentley be your best bet in undertsanding what went on when Christ visited them. To give you a very brief account: He spent time with many of them, blessed the children, performed miracles, prayed with them, appointed 12 Apostles to lead the church in America. You are correct in describing them as descendants of Lehi and Nephi (called Nephites usually)~ however......

There is around 3 parts in the Book of Mormon where ancient missionaries were sent to preach the Gospel, and found either a destroyed civilization, or other people with strange languages. So yes, I'm guessing there was other people there when they arrived, and we know of course that more people arrived after the Nephites.

--The Book of Mormon is rather a compilation of records- much like the Bible, except it was translated directly through Joseph Smith. Mormon, rather than the author, was an abridger- and one of the last of the righteous Nephites. There is a record of the Brother of Jared- who's record says they built boats and came from the land of the Tower of Babel.(that would explain the strange languages I guess)

About the boats- it would not be hard to believe at all, if you believe in Noah and his ark- however, if you don't believe in that-- it would be a hard thing to do- without the help of the Lord, that is. We do know from a description of the Brother of Jared's boats that they were small, compact, only one entrance that was sealed during the voyage, and he also had stones that had been touched by God to light the boats.

Your last question about the different tribes is hard for me to answer, for some reason.... Many of these tribes could probably be called "Nephites", while others could not be related... as I stated above, The Book of Mormon ends in A.D. 421, consequently that is when Christ's church left the american continent (left as in... all the believers dieing). Also, many of the places in the Book of Mormon tend most to believe most of the events to have taken place in southern modern Mexico, and into South America. So i guess it wouldn't even be that wierd to think they never saw the North American Tribes.

I'm used to ridicule, as most Mormons are-- but your questions didn't come across like that to me. you can email me if you want more info or some cool websites, Ugzugz-- monkeeboi10@yahoo.com

-again, there is lots more to explain, and I am not so good at it... i would reccomend reading the Book of Mormon, you would undertsand alot better hehe.
apolo
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby apolo » Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:17 pm

after some quick reading: the Brother of Jared's people (Jaredites) came to the "Land Northward" as described in the other parts of the Book of Mormon. the premortal Christ is who touched the stones, and they claimed they came even before Lehi and his family (Lehi came at around 600 B.C. i think)
apolo
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby apolo » Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:18 pm

doh i forgot- so yes, there was people already there when Lehi came :wink: although they didn't know until years and years after the Jaredite civilization had been destroyed.
apolo
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

PreviousNext

Return to Namelesstavern's Finest