The Passion

Let's throw things at them!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Postby Ginzburgh » Fri Mar 19, 2004 4:31 pm

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/gossip/ ... 1891c.html

Here is the link, its a gossip column and the first link I clicked on but it says that Gibson was interviewed and told that to the person interviewing him.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Narrock » Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:56 pm

I think Mel should make another movie about Jesus from His birth up to where "Passion" started off at. I've seen the other movies like "The Greatest Story Ever Told" and "Jesus of Nazareth" but they jump around a lot and embellish and change the story quite a bit. In "Greatest Story..." they showed Judas throwing himself into a fire instead of hanging himself like he really did.

Then I think Mel should make a movie starting off where "Passion" left off... Yeah, you know, when Jesus rose up out of the grave and then went to the Americas for 40 days to teach the Native Americans about Christianity? No wait... maybe it was Alaska... no, it was Brazil... no wait it was Saskatchewan... no wait, it was Mexico. I remember now.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Mop » Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:58 pm

if you want to know about jesus from ages 12-30 read lamb by christopher moore

it awnsers everything.
Narrock wrote:I don't like rabbits. They remind me of this chick I met on teh internet like 5 years ago.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Tossica » Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:59 pm

Haha.

Mindia makes me laugh. You make it sound like the book of Mormon is any more ridiculous than the other Jesus stories.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Mop » Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:08 pm

Have you read the book of mormons. Don't get me wrong I don't agree with Mindia but having read the book of mormons the bible and having a best friend that coomes from a very religious budist family

I gotta say my friend jumping over fire makes more sense than the book of mormons.
Narrock wrote:I don't like rabbits. They remind me of this chick I met on teh internet like 5 years ago.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Tossica » Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:15 pm

Nope, never read it. I know the basic premise and I agree, it's pretty ridiculous but I tend to think most organized religions are.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Drunnken » Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:29 pm

I'm pretty sure a lot of mormon churches use a revised edition, but that might be more of the mormon's lies to recruit me for their cult
Drunnken
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Minrott » Sat Mar 20, 2004 2:36 am

This was a very entertaining thread. But the only astounding thing revealed in it was the fact that Mindia is, or up until this point, was, still being taken seriously by some of the most intelligent people I've ever conversed with. It took 4 years?
Molon Labe
Minrott
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Drunnken » Sat Mar 20, 2004 2:54 am

don't put me in there, i've just spent the last few years trying to convince him (mindia)
Drunnken
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Minrott » Sat Mar 20, 2004 2:56 am

You need your big boy avatar back :|
Molon Labe
Minrott
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Narrock » Sat Mar 20, 2004 10:39 am

Haha classic! I just read Morgreth's post again...

The sad thing is... I know Mindia. Or rather, I know people like Mindia.

You don't know me. You don't know people like me either.

Here is the deal... Mindia is the kind of person that has no formal religious education, but instead has a "strong interest" in this subject. Mindia is the kind of person that hangs out at the Pastor’s office and calls him/her whenever they have to answer some really deep religious question.

You fool. Further proof from the garbage so often spewed from your fingertips that you know nothing about me. Have you ever heard of Lutheran confirmation? I took the course and graduated. This IS a formal education. I'm not going to waste my time typing what all confirmation encompasses, so I provided this link: http://www.stjameslaf.org/confirmation.htm
Also, there is nothing wrong with asking a pastor a deep question you are unsure of. That's why he/she is in the office with an open-door policy. They are there to help you in whatever way they can. But people like you already know all the answers right? Let's continue analyzing your idiocy...

This is a dangerous combination. Why? Because, Mindia doesn’t have the educational discipline in which to make a valid argument. For example, Mindia can’t realize that Ganzo was calling Mindia an idiot. Ganzo knew it, but Mindia didn’t. The reason? Mindia contradicted himself with out realizing it. Ganzo basically said that all works written after the Old Testament were a sin (according to Mindia), and then Mindia Agreed with him! I assume that Mindia agreed with him because Ganzo used part of Mindia’s original argument. This means that Mindia didn’t realize the trap that Ganzo laid out for Mindia so that Ganzo (and those that can read and comprehend) could have a little fun (don’t try to deny it Ganzo) at Mindia’s expense (btw, thanks Ganzo).

Educational Discipline? ROFL What would you say is having an Educational Discipline? High school diploma? Associates Degree? 3.67 overall GPA in college? Top 4% graduate from confirmation? Anyway, I digress... Ganzo was not calling me an idiot. He was trying to show me how one of my opinions would invalidate another through contradiction. I have shown him how that wasn't the case through Pastor Weber's explanation. I'm sorry your comprehension skills (or lack thereof) prevents you from understanding things.

Mindia? The book of Paul was a series of essays written by Pope Paul the First… remember him? He was the Paul that followed Jesus around? Last I checked Paul was a man. Therefore, this book in the New Testament, According to you: Is a Sin. Since God didn’t write it, a man did.

Pope Paul the first??? YOU ARE ON CRACK. The Paul in the Bible is referring to Saul the Jew who persecuted Christians until the Lord came and spoke to him. He then became a crusader for Christ, and changed his name to Paul.

You really need to go out and get educated Mindia, and learn some really basic history, or better yet go take a few theology courses or better yet, read a book or something slightly more educational than the Sunday comics.

This was such a hysterically-ironic statement I'm not even going to respond to it.

But you know what is really funny Mindia? You have, in one fell swoop, proven to everyone here on this board what a complete idiot you are. I know you do not feel that way, which is why I am writing this, but you have been branded an idiot by Vonk, Brinstar, Ganzo, Tossica, Morgreth, and just about everyone else that can read a sentence. Your future on this message board will be rosy indeed because, not a single person will even respond to a well placed question/argument you might have. The reason? You are that guy on the side of the road with a big sign saying: and refusing to take a shower or even shave or change your clothes. In a real sense, you have become a pariah on this board. Great job Mindia!

You know what's really funny Morgreth? You have just proven to everybody who reads this thread that you don't know what you're talking about. I have just proven you wrong on 3 separate issues. And guess what? You calling me an idiot carries zero percent weight. Nobody gives a crap about your opinions, save for your select clique. Now shoo fly shoo.
Last edited by Narrock on Sat Mar 20, 2004 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Thon » Sat Mar 20, 2004 10:43 am

Pope Paul the first??? YOU ARE ON CRACK. The Paul in the Bible is referring to Paul the Jew who persecuted Christians until the Lord came and spoke to him. He then became a crusader for Christ, and changed his name to Saul

i thought he changed his name from Saul to Paul :?
Thon
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Narrock » Sat Mar 20, 2004 10:50 am

Thon wrote:
Pope Paul the first??? YOU ARE ON CRACK. The Paul in the Bible is referring to Paul the Jew who persecuted Christians until the Lord came and spoke to him. He then became a crusader for Christ, and changed his name to Saul

i thought he changed his name from Saul to Paul :?

Yes, correct... Saul to Paul. Typo. fixt. Anyway, you get my point.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby catseye nameless » Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:16 am

catseye nameless
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Narrock » Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:35 am

catseye nameless wrote:Image

Well, you're partially right... but he also did it for the "dudes." He did it for EVERYBODY! and that's the good news :)
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tossica » Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:52 am

Thanks Jesus!
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Dylan » Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:59 am

Jesus is my hero irl.
Dylan
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tacks » Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:03 pm

Mindia when did you become this flaming bible-humping faggot? Is there anyway to ignore a user? I don't want this jesus shit all over my computer.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Narrock » Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:41 pm

Taxx wrote:Mindia when did you become this flaming bible-humping faggot? Is there anyway to ignore a user? I don't want this jesus shit all over my computer.

Here's a suggestion Taxx... Why don't you stay out of any thread originated by me. That will save us both from frustration I think. In the meantime, I will pray for you :)
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Dylan » Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:49 pm

I was gonna say.. ever try not looking at the posts with Jesus pictures on them?
Dylan
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tacks » Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:54 pm

Hey faggot, don't pray for me, I don't believe in your god.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Drunnken » Sat Mar 20, 2004 1:39 pm

confirmation wracks the brains of fourteen year olds across the world
Drunnken
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Muglack » Sat Mar 20, 2004 10:52 pm

I don't want this jesus shit all over my computer.

Just all over the back of your car?[/list]
Muglack
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Tacks » Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:59 pm

Hey fatty mountain man. Why do you keep saying stupid shit like that. What car of mine ever had any Jesus shit on it?
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:36 am

[/list]
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

PreviousNext

Return to Namelesstavern's Finest