Let's throw things at them!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Postby Narrock » Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:36 am

Why do you keep saying stupid shit like that

R

O

F

L

If ever there was a kettle calling the pot black...
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Muglack » Sun Mar 21, 2004 2:51 am

What car of mine ever had any Jesus shit on it?

You posted a pic of your car, I remember it being an oldsmobile or a chrysler, not really sure tho. Was deffinetly brown. Doesn't really matter, I just don't see why you get so defensive about it. You posted the pic knowing full well the Jesus fish was on it, and now you try and deny it. It's ok to be a Closet Christian Taxx, just accept yourself, and others will follow.
Muglack
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Apoco1 » Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:23 am

Anyway, I cannot think of any proof nowadays that God exists and is among us.

ok first..i am a lazy bastard and the first post is all i read.

but there IS actual PROOF that at least Jesus existed, and if you believe in the trinity then it is proven.
In court, the 4 gospels are all so close together in their stories that they would actually hold up in court. There is a book dedicated to this that i have somewhere, that proves that Christianity has firm basics of their main beginning
-Life -- Still a poor substitute for video games
-Time is the best teacher. Unfortunately, it kills all of its students

click
Apoco1
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Thon » Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:30 am

so a story about a dude who claims to be the son of god, gets nailed to a cross, then rises from the dead..... would hold up in court?
Thon
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Narrock » Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:42 am

Apoco1 wrote:
Anyway, I cannot think of any proof nowadays that God exists and is among us.

ok first..i am a lazy bastard and the first post is all i read.

but there IS actual PROOF that at least Jesus existed, and if you believe in the trinity then it is proven.
In court, the 4 gospels are all so close together in their stories that they would actually hold up in court. There is a book dedicated to this that i have somewhere, that proves that Christianity has firm basics of their main beginning

Yes, but we were talking about now... in 2004... that there's no "proof" of God's existence, and that it's all Faith-based.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Apoco1 » Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:45 am

yes it is all at least somewhat faith based....but that would tell us that what alot of the religion is based on really did happen *shrug*
-Life -- Still a poor substitute for video games
-Time is the best teacher. Unfortunately, it kills all of its students

click
Apoco1
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Tacks » Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:15 pm

You posted a pic of your car, I remember it being an oldsmobile or a chrysler, not really sure tho. Was deffinetly brown. Doesn't really matter, I just don't see why you get so defensive about it. You posted the pic knowing full well the Jesus fish was on it, and now you try and deny it. It's ok to be a Closet Christian Taxx, just accept yourself, and others will follow.

Wow you are fucking stupid. THAT picture was a BLACK Honda Civic. It was my ex-girlfriends from about 3 years ago. I've never owned an oldsmobile or a chrysler.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Muglack » Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:44 pm

So you and your girldfriend were Jesus Freaks?
Muglack
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Narrock » Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:58 pm

Apoco1 wrote:yes it is all at least somewhat faith based....but that would tell us that what alot of the religion is based on really did happen *shrug*

mkay
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Scoota McGee » Sun Mar 21, 2004 5:23 pm

Saw it. Interesting movie. Afterwards I broke out a Bible to see how close the movie followed the book. All I could find was like three pages in Mathew about the entire movie. Are the events in the movie anywhere else in the Bible besides like three pages?
Scoota McGee
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tacks » Sun Mar 21, 2004 5:32 pm

Yes Muglack, you've caught me.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

hmmmm

Postby Aurind » Wed Mar 24, 2004 3:28 pm

I'm going to put my 2 cents in here not ;)

1. The Bible does refer to Jesus, God, and the Holly Spirit as 1 in many places, as well as seperate. I'm not trying to say which is right, the Bible will be interupted by many different people in many different ways. But one way I've heard how to explain them being one was pretty cool. When God created the man, he said "Let him be in our image.". That may not be the exact line... but it's in Genesis and if you look it up, I promise... he uses the word our. The reason is, we were not created in his physical image, but in his spiritual image. With a Body, Soul, and Spirit. 3 in 1. Pretty good explanation I though... anywho.

2. You will not find physical proof of the Bible being true, just as they will never find substancial evidence of it not being true. I lost my faith for a long time because I got caught up in history and science. The point is, after a while you see that there is no solid evidence either way. The only thing that leads to it being correct is seeing it completely change someones life. Someone that's a hard core drugy, stoping completely after being saved. Or someone who beat their wife stoping immediately and never doing it again. Now, on the flip side, there are plenty of cases where people have excepted Christ and stayed the exact same person. Who knows.

3. The only requirement for being born again in Christianity is excepting Jesus Christ as your personal lord and savior, period. All the other different things can be interupted a million ways... but this one important fact is undisputable. "Who so ever beliveth unto me shall not perish, but have ever lasting life.". Now, ofcourse, this is if you believe the Bible at all.

4. We're all sinners, according to the Bible, and you will still sin after you excepted Christ. You should never condemn someone for anything, because even Jesus said, "Let him without sin through the first stone.". According to the Bible, Jesus is the only perfect man there has been or will be. You're supposed to try, but you can give it up. That's the whole point of Jesus saving you of your sins. The one time Sacrifice that replaced the yearly sacrifice of the Jews.

5. The Bible does say that when you die you go to heaven. You may not go to hell right away, but it says... "To be absent from the body is to be present with the lord.". That's a pretty straight statement. The verse you refered to, about "will not know anything", is saying you won't feel condemn right away for your sins... and more over... won't miss though who are in Hell and not there. After how could it be heaven if you knew your mother was burning in hell. Least that's the way I take it... obviously again, a million different ways right.

6. Mary Jane kicks ass. I make a shit pot of money and smoke pot everyday. I'm not bragging, just making a point. Pot doesn't make you stupid or lazy. If you know a lazy pothead, it's a lazy head that smokes pot. And if it wasn't pot it would be beer or something else. Pot is not an excuse for living with your momma when your 30.

Ok... if I repeated anything, I appologize.... it's a long ass thread.

Flame away!

Aurind

P.S. Any guilds out there trying to get going on some plane raids, starting at the beginning, I'm a 51 Pally and a late comer. Let me know... I would really like to join. =)
Aurind
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby vonkaar » Wed Mar 24, 2004 3:51 pm

This thread has been concluded in the "biblical errors" post. Please divert your attentions there.
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby vonkaar » Wed Mar 24, 2004 3:52 pm

MOTHER FUCKER!
I said I wouldn't post in this thread anymore...

fuck, the universe is about to be unmade... I made an error.

unless, of course, this was intentional...
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby dammuzis » Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:18 pm

bible also says that non have gone before the father but christ..

the bible contradicts itself get over it
dammuzis
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby labbats » Thu Mar 25, 2004 8:24 am

God is a catchall for all problems and a crutch for those that can't handle life without one.

Notice how every born again religious nut hits bottom first? They proved that they can't handle life alone, now they need religion. Fine. Just leave the rest of the world out of it. We're all of the mindset that we don't need your religion, just the same as you felt before you hit your bottom. If we lose everything, we all know how to crawl to the nearest church on our own.
labbats
Mr. Ed
Mr. Ed

Postby legeriun » Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:18 pm

Definition of christian from websters:

1. One who professes belief in Jesus as Christ or follows the religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus.
2. One who lives according to the teachings of Jesus.

why do so many people stress "accepting christ as your personal lord and savior" as a necessity for being christian. Arent you christian if you simply follow his teachings?
legeriun
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Leadaira » Sun Jul 18, 2004 12:41 pm

I am so glad I missed this thread.......
Leadaira
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby labbats » Sun Jul 18, 2004 5:25 pm

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 8:24 am

labbats
Mr. Ed
Mr. Ed

Postby labbats » Sun Jul 18, 2004 5:26 pm

labbats wrote:

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:18 pm
labbats
Mr. Ed
Mr. Ed

Postby labbats » Sun Jul 18, 2004 5:26 pm

haha, i lose at the internety
labbats
Mr. Ed
Mr. Ed

Postby Azlana » Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:34 pm

Leadaira wrote:I am so glad I missed this thread.......

us too.
Azlana
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Caladore Buhbong » Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:13 pm

Too bad anything religion has crashed into government and buisness to create the clusterfuck that people believe in now.

I stopped going to church a LONG time ago. It's done more towards making me a better person than going and hearing someone talk about how people are going to hell for this or that.

This movie isnt about jack shit except making money from people who feel they HAVE to see it to prove how religious they are and the people that want to bitch about how inaccurate it is.

This movie is a giant waste of time. I wouldn't waste my money to support the whole idea behind it.
<Center>
Image</Center>
Caladore Buhbong
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Norglebuk » Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:33 pm

When God created the man, he said "Let him be in our image.". That may not be the exact line... but it's in Genesis and if you look it up, I promise... he uses the word our. The reason is, we were not created in his physical image, but in his spiritual image. With a Body, Soul, and Spirit. 3 in 1. Pretty good explanation I though... anywho

It's called the story was taken from some other people that believe in many gods, and instead of admitting to this with the use of the word OUR, they shoved the trinity in it. I do believe in god and I do believe in the trinity, yet I do not go forcing my beliefs on people and sounding like a fool from teachings of Father Webster ><
Norglebuk
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby mappatazee » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:28 am

omg christian fundamentalist
mappatazee
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

PreviousNext

Return to Namelesstavern's Finest