The Passion

Let's throw things at them!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Postby Drunnken » Fri Mar 19, 2004 2:23 am

actual LoL, but only because of the ridiculous look the guy is making and the simple crap that's on the screen

is that old? or a rehashed different one? if it's original you win
Drunnken
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby brinstar » Fri Mar 19, 2004 2:28 am

:gaycountry:
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Eviljonte » Fri Mar 19, 2004 4:05 am

Mindia

To me people who interprit any scripture litterally represent the greatest evil in the world today. Not because of their horrible deeds (allthough horrible deeds are beeing commited in the name of religion) but because of their attitude towards others. To me the greatest sin of all is beeing judgemental and the greatest virtue to be accepting.

Jesus if you choose to belive in him set an example by accepting everybody and to my knowledge lived his life that way. Why some guy who stated "lets try to be nice to each other" got crucified is beyond me. Maybe it was rougher then...

To me the most "holy" person today is the Dalai lama who much like jesus teaches us that we must accept everyone and try to live our lifes that way. Not because of a god in the Dalai lamas case but because of ourselves. The Dalai lama is not perfect, he has some opinions that I don´t agree with but all in all I´d say hes a good man.

To finnish, be nice to each other and accept their errors, you´ll be a happier person.

(Forgive my poor grammar, and spelling. English is not my first language)
Iviljonte 65 lvls of idiocy
Eviljonte
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby DangerPaul » Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:04 am

brinstar wrote::gaycountry:

DangerPaul
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:26 am

Gniltunmai wrote:

you're copping my gig fagmo
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby DangerPaul » Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:27 am

I know, I had nothing to contribute at the time. I figured you wouldn't mind~
DangerPaul
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:36 am

np just don't make a habit of it
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby DangerPaul » Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:43 am

only on rare occasion when I am :lurking: and too stupid to think of anything.

wait, thats all the time, ok, won't make a habit of it.
DangerPaul
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:56 am

haha that smiley is hilarious
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Narrock » Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:19 pm

Ganzo wrote:
Deut.4:2 "Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the Lord your God that I give you."

Sorry will go into more detail, forgot that you used to read bad translations, just like the one above. Anyway whole text of that comandment in hebrew(original language old testament was writen in) beter translates as "Do not add to my word, and do not subtract from my word, but keep it as I gave you." By word of God here meant Torah* the book that was given to Moses. If you follow that comandment than all that was writen after like Kings, Prophets( Torah, Neveim(prophets), Ktuvim(kings) compose TaNaKh known to christians as Old Testament) and New Testament were writen by men, than jammed together with Torah into what you call Bible and claimed to be book of God, thus breaking that comandment

Ganzo, I am truly stumped. I was able to answer everybody's questions (as you've read) but yours is a very difficult one for me to answer at this time because I don't know the answer. I will talk to Pastor Weber from the SDA church and get his opinion. I will get back to you with how he replied to your question. The reason why I'm going to consult with Pastor Weber is because the SDA church probably has the most in common with Jews than any other Christian denomination because of Sabbath-Keeping and heavy references to, and strict following of, the Old Testament.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Narrock » Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:04 pm

Ganzo, Pastor Weber just gave me his response already... here it is:

The prohibition against adding to the Scriptures relates to anything man would add. But certainly God could add to the Scriptures the testimony of His own incarnation, death and resurrection. In case the Jewish fellow you're talking to doesn't quite get that, you might help him by pointing to Isaiah 53--the most difficult text for nonMessianic Jews to explain. It speaks of a suffering sacrifice for our sin who was rejected by Israel.

The second most powerful passage for Jews is Daniel 9, which foretells the very year that Jesus would begin His ministry. (I have that in several of my books.) Unfortunately, most evangelicals take Dan 9 and apply it to the antichrist--which is not only erroneous but blasphemous. Nothing in all Scripture speaks of the antichrist confirming a covenant. That's speaking of Jesus--and thousands of Jews have been convinced to accept Christ through that calendar countdown. How pitiful that sincere Christian rapture enthusiasts take that powerful proof about Jesus and apply it to antichrist.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Ganzo » Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:21 pm

Mindia, as i said earlier, all you are proving to me right now is that a man wrote down additions, and said that God told him to do so. How is that difrent from Mormons adding more and saying same thing as you are. Do not take that as attacks or anything i'm just trying to follow your train of thought and see how one claim is diferent from another.

I would love to continue this topic but however i'm leaving on vacation for 2 weeks right now so i'll be away from internet. However i'm up for continuing this or any other such topics in future.
גם זה יעבור

Narrock wrote:Yup, I ... was just trolling.

Narrock wrote:I wikipedia'd everything first.
Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Tossica » Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:53 pm

Ganzo wrote:Mindia, as i said earlier, all you are proving to me right now is that a man wrote down additions, and said that God told him to do so. How is that difrent from Mormons adding more and saying same thing as you are. Do not take that as attacks or anything i'm just trying to follow your train of thought and see how one claim is diferent from another.

What you are asking of Mindia, would require more complex thought than is currently available. It takes most of his brain power just to get his heart and lungs working in sync. The sliver of juice that is left is spent by the knowledge deflector shield (KDS for short) he uses to keep him from learning anything.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Zanathar » Fri Mar 19, 2004 2:19 pm

The sad thing is... I know Mindia. Or rather, I know people like Mindia.

Here is the deal... Mindia is the kind of person that has no formal religious education, but instead has a "strong interest" in this subject. Mindia is the kind of person that hangs out at the Pastor’s office and calls him/her whenever they have to answer some really deep religious question.

This is a dangerous combination. Why? Because, Mindia doesn’t have the educational discipline in which to make a valid argument. For example, Mindia can’t realize that Ganzo was calling Mindia an idiot. Ganzo knew it, but Mindia didn’t. The reason? Mindia contradicted himself with out realizing it. Ganzo basically said that all works written after the Old Testament were a sin (according to Mindia), and then Mindia Agreed with him! I assume that Mindia agreed with him because Ganzo used part of Mindia’s original argument. This means that Mindia didn’t realize the trap that Ganzo laid out for Mindia so that Ganzo (and those that can read and comprehend) could have a little fun (don’t try to deny it Ganzo) at Mindia’s expense (btw, thanks Ganzo).

Mindia? The book of Paul was a series of essays written by Pope Paul the First… remember him? He was the Paul that followed Jesus around? Last I checked Paul was a man. Therefore, this book in the New Testament, According to you: Is a Sin. Since God didn’t write it, a man did.

You really need to go out and get educated Mindia, and learn some really basic history, or better yet go take a few theology courses or better yet, read a book or something slightly more educational than the Sunday comics.

But you know what is really funny Mindia? You have, in one fell swoop, proven to everyone here on this board what a complete idiot you are. I know you do not feel that way, which is why I am writing this, but you have been branded an idiot by Vonk, Brinstar, Ganzo, Tossica, Morgreth, and just about everyone else that can read a sentence. Your future on this message board will be rosy indeed because, not a single person will even respond to a well placed question/argument you might have. The reason? You are that guy on the side of the road with a big sign saying: <I AM GOD> and refusing to take a shower or even shave or change your clothes. In a real sense, you have become a pariah on this board. Great job Mindia!
Last edited by Zanathar on Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zanathar
The Nuking Skeleton
WoW
I helped :ban: Mindia!!!! Too bad he is back...
Zanathar
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Narrock » Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:01 pm

Ganzo wrote:Mindia, as i said earlier, all you are proving to me right now is that a man wrote down additions, and said that God told him to do so. How is that difrent from Mormons adding more and saying same thing as you are. Do not take that as attacks or anything i'm just trying to follow your train of thought and see how one claim is diferent from another.

I would love to continue this topic but however i'm leaving on vacation for 2 weeks right now so i'll be away from internet. However i'm up for continuing this or any other such topics in future.

Ganzo, what I'm saying about the Mormons is this: They preach and teach things in their "temples" that go against what the Bible teaches us... things other than just adding to the Bible. They didn't add anything to the Bible per say, because then there would be books in the Bible written by them, which there isn't. What they did do though, is write the Book of Mormon (which would be incorrect to call the Bible) and they hold that book equal to the Bible. Within this book lies what we call the Bible, PLUS their claims of Jesus in the Americas. Yes, they have the right to do that from a free-speech point of view, but they are misleading millions of people. There are many, many examples of how they do this. Just look again at their doctrine. I hope I've answered your question to your expectations. If you happen to read this before you embark on your vacation... have a safe trip. I too, would like to continue this conversation with you.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Ginzburgh » Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:08 pm

Hey sorry to go off topic but...

Is Ganzo, Ganzo the gnome warrior from Sanctuary?
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Narrock » Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:17 pm

Hey Ginzburgh, remember when we were sitting in Rivervale a couple years ago chatting and you told me that your sister lived near me? Then you also gave me a pair of gloves that were pretty uber at the time. Heh :) This doesn't have to do with anything obviously... I just remembered that.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Ginzburgh » Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:20 pm

I do remember that :)
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Narrock » Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:22 pm

I got 20kpp for those ROFL. Should I paypal you the money?
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Ginzburgh » Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:24 pm

Hehe no its OK, you can keep the 20k if you promise to come back and play.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Narrock » Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:42 pm

I tried playing again about 4 months ago and made a halfling Druid (cuz Vonkaar was my hero) but I couldn't get back into it. Eq was much more fun 3 years ago imo. I even got power-leveled to 50 and got twinked out with PoP gear. I thought LDoN was a joke. I quit again about 6 weeks ago.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Mop » Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:46 pm

anyone else picturing this with cowboy hat?
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby DangerPaul » Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:49 pm

You forgot the shitballs on the bed next to him
DangerPaul
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tuggan » Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:54 pm

someone with hosting needs to send me their e-mail so we can get the true picture of mindia up in this thread.
Tuggan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Ginzburgh » Fri Mar 19, 2004 4:29 pm

I've seen pictures of Mindia before. He looks like a normal dude in a cowboy hat.

Hey and also, I was watching the news this morning and the anchor said that Mel Gibson is making another movie about the origin of Hannakuh (sp). I'm not joking either.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

PreviousNext

Return to Namelesstavern's Finest