Hard family times

Let's throw things at them!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Postby Jay » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:31 pm

Reread my post and let me know if you find where I've said anything about court or having a court order with KH involved in it. Right now as it stands, KH doesn't exist in this kid's life legally except as a stepfather. I'm saying KH should strike up a deal with father. I'll adopt your kid right now, you're done with child support forever. All you have to do is pay my family x dollars and you never have to worry child support. It's not KH money, it's not wife money, it's not money for rims, it's not money for a TV, it's money for the household. You know, the one that's raising the kid. I don't see anything wrong with capitalizing on behalf of your family if it's fair. Actually, it's more than fair for the real father as he gets to skip out on thousands upon thousands of dollars of child support money.
Jay

Postby Xaiveir » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:35 pm

I am so suprised this thread has gone 20 pages. Just awesome.
Why fight it, i am a Man Whore!
Xaiveir
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby kinghooter00 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:49 pm

Which was one of the reasons we were going with adoption... I totally understand. Its just a sad thing that he couldn't show any kind of support. Even before we were together. Its a giant mess.
kinghooter00
Captain Google
Captain Google

Postby kinghooter00 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:59 pm

I understand what you guys are sayin. In the end, adoption is going to be the outcome. It just seems like the most logical route. The man doesn't have a decent job and getting money from him would be like getting it from Mr. Crabs from sponge bob. :ugh: okay yeah, that was alittle kiddy humor.

In anycase, it will be a big hassle in the end, probably.
kinghooter00
Captain Google
Captain Google

Postby Jay » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:03 pm

What about assets? House, car? What does he do? Any services he can render?
Jay

Postby araby » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:04 pm

Jay wrote:I'm saying KH should strike up a deal with father. I'll adopt your kid right now, you're done with child support forever. All you have to do is pay my family x dollars and you never have to worry child support.

this is just beyond my understanding. this is a joke. no judge will ever order this.

I don't see anything wrong with capitalizing on behalf of your family if it's fair. Actually, it's more than fair for the real father as he gets to skip out on thousands upon thousands of dollars of child support money.

he doesn't get to "skip out." he would have to pay, if a judge ordered him to do so, but the mother would have to take him to court for this to happen. the only way he can "skip out" if she doesn't make him pay. so far, she hasn't made him pay.
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby araby » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:06 pm

kinghooter00 wrote:I understand what you guys are sayin. In the end, adoption is going to be the outcome. It just seems like the most logical route. The man doesn't have a decent job and getting money from him would be like getting it from Mr. Crabs from sponge bob. :ugh: okay yeah, that was alittle kiddy humor.

In anycase, it will be a big hassle in the end, probably.

your wife has to consider this. if he can't pay the support the judge would order him to pay, he'll go to jail. he'll still be responsible for paying it *while* he's in jail.

what's the point in all of this, if he's not involved in the child's life?? like I said, if she isn't going to seek financial support through the court, and if he isn't involved in the child's life, move on.
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Martrae » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:11 pm

Jay wrote:I'm saying KH should strike up a deal with father. I'll adopt your kid right now, you're done with child support forever. All you have to do is pay my family x dollars and you never have to worry child support.

You do something like this and you option yourself up to blackmail charges.
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Jay » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:13 pm

araby wrote:

this is just beyond my understanding. this is a joke. no judge will ever order this.

I don't see anything wrong with capitalizing on behalf of your family if it's fair. Actually, it's more than fair for the real father as he gets to skip out on thousands upon thousands of dollars of child support money.

he doesn't get to "skip out." he would have to pay, if a judge ordered him to do so, but the mother would have to take him to court for this to happen. the only way he can "skip out" if she doesn't make him pay. so far, she hasn't made him pay.

THERE IS NO WHERE THAT MENTIONS ANYTHING ABOUT A JUDGE. NO JUDGE. THIS IS AN ATTEMPT AT ESTABLISHING MUTUAL CONTRACTUAL AGREEMENT OUTSIDE OF COURT. NO JUDGE. AGAIN FOR CHRIST SAKES NO JUDGE.

KH's adoption will remove dad's financial responsibility to the kid. I'm saying KH should offer to adopt (which is already the intent) and try to score some dollars from dad before he does it. This is a moot point either way since dad is broke as a joke anyways.
Jay

Postby Jay » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:17 pm

Martrae wrote:

You do something like this and you option yourself up to blackmail charges.

How is this blackmail? The recourse of disagreeing to the terms is something he's already legally bound to anyways. If you pay this, I'll do this, if not, everything will be as it is. That is not blackmail.
Jay

Postby araby » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:18 pm

Jay wrote:
araby wrote:

THERE IS NO WHERE THAT MENTIONS ANYTHING ABOUT A JUDGE. NO JUDGE. THIS IS AN ATTEMPT AT ESTABLISHING MUTUAL CONTRACTUAL AGREEMENT OUTSIDE OF COURT. NO JUDGE. AGAIN FOR CHRIST SAKES NO JUDGE.

KH's adoption will remove dad's financial responsibility to the kid. I'm saying KH should offer to adopt (which is already the intent) and try to score some dollars from dad before he does it. This is a moot point either way since dad is broke as a joke anyways.

if it's a moot point then why are you shouting?

I mentioned a judge, because no adoption will take place without legal documents.

what you're suggesting is that he "buy" out the father for rights to his kid. I can't think of anything else that could be worse, than to seek monetary gain for rights to a child.
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Martrae » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:19 pm

Because he can argue that you threatened him with a lifetime of child support payments unless he forked over $10k. Which is essentially what would be happening.
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Jay » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:26 pm

Ok, the point I was trying to make is that negotiating the extra cash would have been independent of the legal proceedings involving the adoption process. So, right, no judge would order that. What I'm saying it, this would be something between the parties involved. A side deal if you will. If dad can somehow get together some cash, agree to the terms of the side deal, he'll be avoiding jail time and a lot more child support payments because then KH will have to adopt the kid (which he already wants to in the first place) or he will be in breach of their side contract. They all win, everyone's happy. Where is the problem in this? Am I the only person who thinks making money and benefiting everyone in the process isn't wrong?
Jay

Postby Jay » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:29 pm

Martrae wrote:Because he can argue that you threatened him with a lifetime of child support payments unless he forked over $10k. Which is essentially what would be happening.

KH has no possession of the child support payments. Dad is already bound to those payments by law. There's no blackmail unless KH threatens him with something in his possession be it, photos, documents or just information. All he's doing is offering a bail out. A negotiation. There's no threat at all.
Last edited by Jay on Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jay

Postby Tikker » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:29 pm

blackmail is illegal is probably the main issue
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby kinghooter00 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:10 am

yeahhhhh, so , i don't see that as being a very good idea. I'm just probably going to go with what my original plan was.... But Jay, i like the way you think.
I'm listening to some Jonny Cash. I got the concert from Folsem Prison on my Ipod. Its awesome. :hiphop:
kinghooter00
Captain Google
Captain Google

Postby Jay » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:29 pm

/shrug I don't know the minor details, so there's a chance and probably a good one that it doesn't work, but I have a million ideas similar to that in regards to everything and when they work, I get new electronics equipment =P
Jay

Postby vonkaar » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:41 pm

why is this thread still in this forum?

hall-of-shame this already
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Jay » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:46 pm

First hall of shame thread in almost 3 years.
Jay

Postby Darcler » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:33 pm

Or 1 1/2...but whatever :) The "Perfection" thread was in Oct. 05
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Tikker » Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:21 pm

there's quite a few threads here less than 2 years old...
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby kinghooter00 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:43 pm

I'll come up with another one soon, guys. :wink:

Glad i'll be in this one.
kinghooter00
Captain Google
Captain Google

Previous

Return to Namelesstavern's Finest