Hard family times

Let's throw things at them!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Postby 10sun » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:14 pm

Tikker wrote:I was a football/hockey/rugby/wrestling superstar

she begged me omg

I didn't know that they made a Rugby game for the NES.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Xaiveir » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:21 pm

10sun wrote:

she begged me omg

I didn't know that they made a Rugby game for the NES.

Special Canadian released game.
Why fight it, i am a Man Whore!
Xaiveir
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Tikker » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:27 pm

Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Hylissa » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:26 pm

she begged me omg

:liar:
Hylissa
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Jay » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:31 pm

pics
Jay

Postby Tikker » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:37 pm

Hylissa wrote:

she begged me omg

:liar:

ok, i begged

but still, score!
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Xaiveir » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:46 pm

:pics:
Xaiveir
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby kinghooter00 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:35 am

araby wrote:
kinghooter00 wrote:Not disagreeing at all, this has all crossed my mind and there is still alot of time. This isn't set in stone. These are just routes we are most likely to make. I might run it by her and she would probably agree. She wants him to pay. She hates that he doesn't give any support to his child.
So thanks for that. I will see what happens.

the father should support the child. if he doesn't want to pay child support outside of the courts, which is how he's better off doing it, then she has the option to take him to court.

the courts will not only tell him how much to pay each month, but they will ask him for back-child support that he's not payed, all along. if she doesn't want to go that way, then she needs to move past the father not financially supporting the child and find other means of support.

if you offer some, that is a great thing for you to do and I commend you for it.

if you want to adopt the child, because you want to give it a father to call it's own, I support your decision.

either way, just remember this. if she takes the father to court for financial support, and he does not pay it, they will put him in jail. he will have to continue to pay the support, yes, while he is in jail. (with no job to pay said support.)

these decisions are your wife's to make. what does she say about all of this?

I've been seriously thinking about all of this. I would love this guy to pay for what he HASN'T done. I'm just going to have to see how i can go about telling her since we arlready kinda agreed on adoption. I know she will understand but i don't want to make it sound like i'm getting cold feet. If you know what i'm saying.
kinghooter00
Captain Google
Captain Google

Postby kinghooter00 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:40 am

plus i'm not too sure if i want to go through all of that... I don't know... Its gonna be a long discussion.
kinghooter00
Captain Google
Captain Google

Postby Jay » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:21 pm

kinghooter00 wrote:plus i'm not too sure if i want to go through all of that... I don't know... Its gonna be a long discussion.

Turn it into a negotiation. Meet with him and tell him he can pay you off to have all child support rights alleviated. Look at what leverage you have. You can have him garnished and he will have to pay back child support on top of that if he's been a deadbeat. Tell him to drop you like 10g's and you'll adopt the kid and he's done. That way you get money, and you get to adopt the kid and he gets to walk away and never worry about child support again. 10g's is chump change compared to what child support money actually is. That's like 20 months worth for my friend who has to pay child support.
Jay

Postby kinghooter00 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:27 pm

i'd have to see how much child support would be. Jay, i'm glad you are actually talking and not bashing. Thanks bro. That sounds like a good idea.
I would love to see some extra money come in to pay for some thing that are tight right now. But i have afeeling that we would need to go another route, like an attorney or something to get what we really want from him. Which, in the end is money. He's a real dushbag, honestly.
He blames my wife for not doing what he should have done and not seeing Charlee. I'm clueless on how to go about doing this legally to get it done though. I'd have to look into it.
kinghooter00
Captain Google
Captain Google

Postby Narrock » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:29 pm

kinghooter00 wrote:i'd have to see how much child support would be. Jay, i'm glad you are actually talking and not bashing. Thanks bro. That sounds like a good idea.
I would love to see some extra money come in to pay for some thing that are tight right now. But i have afeeling that we would need to go another route, like an attorney or something to get what we really want from him. Which, in the end is money. He's a real dushbag, honestly.
He blames my wife for not doing what he should have done and not seeing Charlee. I'm clueless on how to go about doing this legally to get it done though. I'd have to look into it.

nm
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Xaiveir » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:31 pm

Narrock wrote:

nm

I concurr
Xaiveir
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Narrock » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:38 pm

Xaiveir wrote:
Narrock wrote:

nm

I concurr

No, I was going to paste a link for legalzoom, but they don't deal too much with family issues like that, so I edited the link out.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby kinghooter00 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:38 pm

???
kinghooter00
Captain Google
Captain Google

Postby kinghooter00 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:39 pm

oh okay... thanks anyways.
kinghooter00
Captain Google
Captain Google

Postby Darcler » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:40 pm

Hvae your wife call up a family lawyer. Bang, your end is done. She gets to meet with the lawyer and draw up papers against the ex so they can go to court and he will start paying if the judge sees fit.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Jay » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:02 pm

kinghooter00 wrote:i'd have to see how much child support would be. Jay, i'm glad you are actually talking and not bashing. Thanks bro. That sounds like a good idea.

My friend works part time making a thousand a month and gets 500 of that taken by child support. The other job he works is cash to avoid child support =P 500 a month x 20 = 10g's. You can stand to make waaaaaaay more from child support but you have to look at a few things.

1) Likelihood of him paying
2) What kind of a job he's qualified for (Obviously if he's a waiter at Dennys you're not really helping yourself by accepting child support)
3) If he does decide to pay child support, what custody rights does he have as a father? So far you've mentioned he's a douchebag, do you want him around your girl? Often times the father is allowed unsupervised visitation etc etc.
4) If you don't adopt her, your marriage fails, it ends bad and your wife takes the kid away from you, you're left with no rights. You aren't the father or legal guardian.

That's why I would say, collect a decent lump sum. Present it properly to him, get him out of your hair and move on. 10G's is nothing compared to 16 more years of child support payments, but obviously the guarantee of having rights with your daughter are more important to you than the money but that shouldn't stop you from getting a piece of that cash. Hell, if he has a decent job, maybe you can ask for 15 or 20 over time.
Jay

Postby araby » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:11 pm

hrm, not sure you have the right idea.

if you are seeking money from this guy because you and your wife don't make enough money to make ends meet, then I suggest you find different jobs or extra ones.
you don't take someone to court for child support because they are a douchebag.

a few things to consider: does the father see the child? if so, he needs to pay support. he can do that outside the courts. if he doesn't do it outside the courts, and she needs financial support from him, then she needs to hire an attorney to set up a court date so that the judge will order how much he has to pay.

does the father *not* see the child? if not...then why does she want financial support from him? if she's talking about you adopting the baby, then why are you even dealing with the father still? is he out of the child's life or what??

I don't agree with making someone pay for a child they do not have visitation rights to, unless the father abandoned the mother and does not want visitation. in this case, they should just pay and move on with his life. Im not sure that *I* would even WANT support from a father that he would never see.
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Jay » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:12 pm

araby wrote:

hrm, not sure you have the right idea.

if you are seeking money from this guy because you and your wife don't make enough money to make ends meet, then I suggest you find different jobs or extra ones.
you don't take someone to court for child support because they are a douchebag.

a few things to consider: does the father see the child? if so, he needs to pay support. he can do that outside the courts. if he doesn't do it outside the courts, and she needs financial support from him, then she needs to hire an attorney to set up a court date so that the judge will order how much he has to pay.

does the father *not* see the child? if not...then why does she want financial support from him? if she's talking about you adopting the baby, then why are you even dealing with the father still? is he out of the child's life or what??

I don't agree with making someone pay for a child they do not have visitation rights to, unless the father abandoned the mother and does not want visitation. in this case, they should just pay and move on with his life. Im not sure that *I* would even WANT support from a father that he would never see.

I see your point too but I'm looking at it from an entirely capitalistic perspective.
Jay

Postby araby » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:16 pm

Jay I am familiar with your capitalistic perspective as you have shared it with me before. I disagree with your approach and know that if you seek money for personal gain, you will be sorely disappointed.

going about this proper way will be advantageous for the child, king& his wife.
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Jay » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:25 pm

How? I agree he shouldn't have to pay child support if he doesn't visit them on a moral level, but he owes the mom something for having a child and not stepping up to take care of her. If KH and the father work out a settlement, KH gets to adopt the child and he gets paid and the guy is out of his life for good. The mom no longer has to deal with the real dad and gets compensated which it sounds like something they both need right now. The child grows up knowing KH as the father (not really sure how good...) I'm missing the downside to this.

What KH DOESN'T want is the actual child support money, which entitles the father to visitation rights. I understand the whole money for personal gain stuff, that's super and all, and I'm glad you wouldn't fuck anyone over for that, but this is what KH's family is entitled to. For everything they've done for the child, for KH doing that douchebag's job. 10g's is the LEAST that guy could do to ensure his daughter is taken care of. It's not like that money is gonna go to new rims or anything. I'm sure a lot of that, if not most, if not all of that will be invested into the child.
Jay

Postby araby » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:37 pm

Jay wrote:How? I agree he shouldn't have to pay child support if he doesn't visit them on a moral level, but he owes the mom something for having a child and not stepping up to take care of her. If KH and the father work out a settlement, KH gets to adopt the child and he gets paid and the guy is out of his life for good. The mom no longer has to deal with the real dad and gets compensated which it sounds like something they both need right now. The child grows up knowing KH as the father (not really sure how good...) I'm missing the downside to this.

What KH DOESN'T want is the actual child support money, which entitles the father to visitation rights. I understand the whole money for personal gain stuff, that's super and all, and I'm glad you wouldn't fuck anyone over for that, but this is what KH's family is entitled to. For everything they've done for the child, for KH doing that douchebag's job. 10g's is the LEAST that guy could do to ensure his daughter is taken care of. It's not like that money is gonna go to new rims or anything. I'm sure a lot of that, if not most, if not all of that will be invested into the child.

actually, kinghooter isn't entitled to ANYTHING. he's got nothing to do with it and the judge will more than likely look at him and ask "who are you" if this goes to court.

the father doesn't owe the mother ANYTHING. the judge will tell you that, also. the support is called CHILD SUPPORT for a reason.

what you're saying is, that the father should pay them money, and then step out of the child's life, and no judge is going to order that.
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby kinghooter00 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:18 pm

araby wrote:

Thats just it. He hasn't wanted to see her. We have the grandparents visit her but he wont make any attempt to call or ask to see her.
He hasn't paid a dime or cared to see her for 2 yrs. My wife is pissed about that.
kinghooter00
Captain Google
Captain Google

Postby araby » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:26 pm

kinghooter00 wrote:
araby wrote:

Thats just it. He hasn't wanted to see her. We have the grandparents visit her but he wont make any attempt to call or ask to see her.
He hasn't paid a dime or cared to see her for 2 yrs. My wife is pissed about that.

your wife needs to get un-pissed about it, because her daughter will pick up on it and it's going to cause problems. either make him pay child support, and move on, or cut ties.
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

PreviousNext

Return to Namelesstavern's Finest