Trial begins of lesbian pastor in Washington

Let's throw things at them!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Postby Langston » Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:23 pm

How difficult for you all is it to understand the concept of the Trinity (per Christian belief systems)?

Jesus = The Son... the Christ.

The Trinity = The Father (Creator), The Son (Christ), and the Holy Spirit (the mysterious motivator of the devout - also called the Paraclete)

The Trinity = God

If Jesus = Son = Trinity = God... then Jesus DID say that homosexuality was an abomination and immoral in several instances within the Bible.

Hopefully that will clear it up for you... it really is a simple concept to understand the premise of - not saying you need to BELIEVE it - just understand the side of the argument you're attempting to ignore instead of refute.
Mindia wrote:I was wrong obviously.
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Zanchief » Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:24 pm

You seem to be a sweet kid

Sorry, you are wrong.
Zanchief

Postby Eviljonte » Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:42 pm

Zanichef

I also wrote this
Mindia

To me people who interprit any scripture litterally represent the greatest evil in the world today. Not because of their horrible deeds (allthough horrible deeds are beeing commited in the name of religion) but because of their attitude towards others. To me the greatest sin of all is beeing judgemental and the greatest virtue to be accepting.

And I do belive Mindia will find peace in life but bear in mind that he might be younger then you. I realize there is not much fun in making peace. Making peace is the only thing!

To much shit is going wrong these days and the biblethumpers much like al Quaida are part of it.

When, and if you you realize that every person has a choice you to can make a difference!

Again, forgive me allthough my engrish is some poor.
Iviljonte 65 lvls of idiocy
Eviljonte
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Narrock » Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:58 pm

I'll be 38 in July =P
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Spacewoman Spiff » Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:00 pm

Heh, Mindia's old.
:lourdes:
Spacewoman Spiff
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tossica » Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:01 pm

Damn! 1 IQ point per year. Sucks that you have to wait until you are old and crusty to reach a "normal" IQ.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Narrock » Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:01 pm

Ugzugz wrote:How difficult for you all is it to understand the concept of the Trinity (per Christian belief systems)?

The Trinity = The Father (Creator), The Son (Christ), and the Holy Spirit (the mysterious motivator of the devout - also called the Paraclete)

The Trinity = God

If Jesus = Son = Trinity = God... then Jesus DID say that homosexuality was an abomination and immoral in several instances within the Bible.

Hopefully that will clear it up for you... it really is a simple concept to understand the premise of - not saying you need to BELIEVE it - just understand the side of the argument you're attempting to ignore instead of refute.

Unfortunately, you're wasting your time Ug.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Narrock » Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:06 pm

Tossica wrote:Damn! 1 IQ point per year. Sucks that you have to wait until you are old and crusty to reach a "normal" IQ.

Hehe Tossica made a funny! :)
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby brinstar » Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:08 pm

Ugzugz wrote:How difficult for you all is it to understand the concept of the Trinity (per Christian belief systems)?

The Trinity = God

i know what you're getting at ugzug

that's why i phrased the question to clearly outline what exactly i meant

i wanted to know if there was a verse or verses in the bible where anything said about homosexuality was EXPLICITLY and DIRECTLY ATTRIBUTED TO JESUS. i.e.:

Yea verily Jesus said unto them, "Do not go unto your fellow man and lay with him as you would a woman, nor let another man do this unto you, for it is a sin in the Lord's eyes." The disciples then followed Jesus to the region of Shalazar, so that He could heal the blind and lame.
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby brinstar » Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:09 pm

PS still no answer
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Langston » Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:15 pm

Jesus = God. God said it.. therefore Jesus said it.

Are you really having this hard of a time understanding that comment or are you being deliberately obtuse?

If you're asking if the "man" named Jesus specifically stated those words and were they quoted in the Bible... the answer is no.

If that's the answer you've been waiting for - then fine... what's been your point this whole time now? You have your answer - now explain the need for the badgering... I hope there's some "punchline"...
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tossica » Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:18 pm

That means that Jesus was down with fags.

Hey, one question that has probably been asked before... if Jesus and God are the same person, why did Jesus cry out, "Father, why have you forsaken me?" when he was strung up in that movie?
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Spacewoman Spiff » Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:19 pm

Because it sounds a lot better than "Dammit! Why did I forsake myself!"?
Spacewoman Spiff
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Eviljonte » Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:21 pm

Did you realize that homosexuals in all their cute ways were actually after world domination and threatens Mindias way of life by just gaying it up.

Mindia, at 38 years of age and still not more accepting? That truly scares me!

Why not just go hang out in another part of the world for a year? Fort Worth does not count..
Eviljonte
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Tossica » Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:23 pm

His "KDS" (Knowledge Deflection Shield) does not allow for the study or acceptance of other cultures. Think of him as autistic. If it does not fall within a certain preset guideline, the data is simply not processed.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Langston » Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:28 pm

Tossica - refer back to the Trinity discussion.

If that doesn't help - actually educate yourself on the mystery of the Trinity before you let the diarhea leak from your lips again....
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Eviljonte » Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:30 pm

OK i accept that to

just one last question (Mindia):

Can a gay minister gay your life up?

If you were gay, who would you fuck? (Benicio del Toro would be my choice. Hes just so damn goodlooking!)

(Edit: ehrm, thats actually 2 questions but my engrish is still some poor so I take comfort in that fact. I do wish this debate was beeing held in swedish)
Last edited by Eviljonte on Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eviljonte
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Spacewoman Spiff » Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:31 pm

Benicio always looks vaguely re-re to me...

*shrug*
Spacewoman Spiff
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby brinstar » Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:35 pm

i was asking if

----> JESUS <----

ever

----> LITERALLY <----

said anything about homosexuality

are there a bunch of letters printed in "The Bible" somewhere that are arranged to form a coherent concept specifically regarding homosexuality that have the letters j, e, s, u, s, s, a, i, and d arranged to spell the phrase "Jesus said" anywhere in the same sentence?

i want to read a post by mindia that says "no, there is not a sentence printed in the bible containing specific comments about homosexuality that is attributed to the name Jesus."

or, alternatively, "yes, there is a sentence printed in the bible containing specific comments about homosexuality that is attributed to the name Jesus, and it can be found in the verse Book Chapter : Verses."

that is what i want. that is what i've wanted for four pages now.

Are you really having this hard of a time understanding that comment or are you being deliberately obtuse?
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Narrock » Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:36 pm

I lived for about 7 or 8 years as a total liberal, hung out in Berkeley smoking weed several times a week, tree-hugging, OD'ing on meth, going to about 200 or so death-metal and punk rock shows, having denied God for a short period of time, having read satanic books like the necronomicon and the satanic bible, drinking, gambling, smoking for 15 years, etc. Satan had a hold on me, but he doesn't anymore. I'm very happy I found Jesus and that He rescued me from satan and the life I was living.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Eviljonte » Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:39 pm

Easy enoough Brinstar, Jesus never touched that subject but if you are not careful. 2 shebears(what the fuck are they?) will tear you apart!
Eviljonte
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Mop » Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:39 pm

Daryl Strawberry was a born again too... that seemed to work well for him.

and secondly
If you were gay, who would you fuck? (Benicio del Toro would be my choice. Hes just so damn goodlooking!)

-Brad Pitt, but he would have to be dirty like he was in Snatch
Last edited by Mop on Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Thon » Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:40 pm

omgz was that so hard to answer his question ug? at least you can answer, if only begrudgingly

and do you realize that the only reason the trinity is so accepted isn't because of what the bible says, but because a council was formed nearly 4 centuries after jesus died so that the roman empire could adopt a single accepted church. the theological differences didn't matter as much as just finding a single view.

and in the end a pagan decided the future of christianity(the emperor), choosing something that conspicuously appears polytheistic
Thon
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Narrock » Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:42 pm

i want to read a post by mindia that says "no, there is not a sentence printed in the bible containing specific comments about homosexuality that is attributed to the name Jesus."

We knew what you were saying Brin, but we chose to enlighten you and move forward. You won't find a quote in the New Testament where in the red text you will see the words "homosexuality = sexual immorality." Jesus did mention "sexual immorality" in the New Testament, and "sexual immorality" is clearly defined in the Old Testament.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Mop » Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:42 pm

ps Daryll did his born again thing in SoCal too, maybe you got the same sales guy, err pastor
Narrock wrote:I don't like rabbits. They remind me of this chick I met on teh internet like 5 years ago.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

PreviousNext

Return to Namelesstavern's Finest