Trial begins of lesbian pastor in Washington

Let's throw things at them!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Postby DangerPaul » Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:00 pm

Mindia wrote:
Gniltunmai wrote:Man worte the bible fuckhead, that means you are not to take the bible literally. Get a fucking clue and quit quoting the "good book" and have some faith in the fact that man is was and always will be fucked up and say what they want and interpret things the way they want.

You ignorant, uneducated fool. GOD said it in Leviticus 18, not man. You lost this argument, as well as Brinstar did. This is so hilarious.

god did not write the fucking bible, it was wrote by man you fucking genius. Man wrote it as they interpreted the sayings of other men, by other men. If the bibe was in fact wrote by god, then the bible would in fact still be in existence and then us non-believers would have proof that god does in fact exist. Ask any religious person, IE. priest, cardinal, bishop or the fucking pope, they will tell you the bible is wrote as interpretted by man.

fixed spelling
Last edited by DangerPaul on Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DangerPaul
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tuggan » Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:02 pm

but catholics are the devil, cant ask them.
Tuggan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Narrock » Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:13 pm

Gniltunmai wrote:
Mindia wrote:
Gniltunmai wrote:Man worte the bible fuckhead, that means you are not to take the bible literally. Get a fucking clue and quit quoting the "good book" and have some faith in the fact that man is was and always will be fucked up and say what they want and interpret things the way they want.

You ignorant, uneducated fool. GOD said it in Leviticus 18, not man. You lost this argument, as well as Brinstar did. This is so hilarious.

god did not write the fucking bible, it was wrote by man you fucking genius. Man wrote it as they interpreted the sayings of other men, by other men. If the bibe was in fact wrote by god, then the bible would in fact still be in existence and then us non-believers would have proof that god does in fact exist. Ask any religious person, IE. priest, cardinal, bishop or the fucking pope, they will tell you the bible is wrote as interpretted by man.

fixed spelling

Men who were filled with the Holy Spirit who wrote the Bible are pretty trustworthy in my eyes. Would you be satisfied if I'd said "God commanded {so and so} to write something down?" God was within these men as they were writing it. Isn't that the same thing? Yes. Do you think if they wrote anything down that God didn't authorize that it would have made it from the pen to the paper? No.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tossica » Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:14 pm

Minda stutters:

"I don't intentionally hurt people. I don't steal. I don't murder. I give to charities. I don't sleep with other men's wives. I work hard. I treat women with respect (I haven't always though). I don't cheat on my girlfriend"

Isn't that all that really counts then? Does all the other shit about not believing the holy trinity, being a lesbian etc REALLY matter in the broad scope of things? Think about it Mindia... You are putting all your faith in a book that says basically,

"Be excellent to each other"

Leave it to Bill and Ted to circumvent thousands of years of fighting and battling over words.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Narrock » Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:21 pm

Tossica wrote:Minda stutters:

"I don't intentionally hurt people. I don't steal. I don't murder. I give to charities. I don't sleep with other men's wives. I work hard. I treat women with respect (I haven't always though). I don't cheat on my girlfriend"

Isn't that all that really counts then? Does all the other shit about not believing the holy trinity, being a lesbian etc REALLY matter in the broad scope of things? Think about it Mindia... You are putting all your faith in a book that says basically,

"Be excellent to each other"

Leave it to Bill and Ted to circumvent thousands of years of fighting and battling over words.

Not really Tossica. I agree with you that being a good person is important. It is a part of the salvation requirement, however... the Bible states that "through good works alone one cannot enter the Kingdom of Heaven."
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Thon » Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:22 pm

Men who were filled with the Holy Spirit who wrote the Bible are pretty trustworthy in my eyes. Would you be satisfied if I'd said "God commanded {so and so} to write something down?" God was within these men as they were writing it. Isn't that the same thing? Yes. Do you think if they wrote anything down that God didn't authorize that it would have made it from the pen to the paper? No.

the problem with your 'logic' is you're using the supernatural to prove the supernatural. you can't use something that isn't provable as evidence to prove anything.
Thon
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby DangerPaul » Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:25 pm

Mindia wrote:
Gniltunmai wrote:
Mindia wrote:

fixed spelling

I am currently filled with the holy spirit. Mindia, god says you are a stupid fuck, to stop taking everything so literal and to shut the fuck up. I know I didn't write the bible, but i tell you I am filled with the holy spirit, therefor I am trustworthy in your eyes and you should believe me.
DangerPaul
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Zanchief » Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:26 pm

But come on Zanchief, Darko was the ownage.

Yes

donnie darko was an 'indie' movie?

Yes
Zanchief

Postby DangerPaul » Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:26 pm

Amazing, I have just as much clout as the people who claimed they had the holy spirit in them, neat how that works, you cannot disprove what I have said because I claim its true.

Didn't David Koresh claim god filled him with the holy spirit too?
DangerPaul
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tossica » Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:32 pm

Ok, Mindia. I will speak really slowly...

F U C K T H E B I B L E.

As long as everyone is nice to each other, does it REALLY FUCKING MATTER WHICH RELIGION YOU FOLLOW OR WHETHER OR NOT YOU BELIEVE IN GOD? Think about it Mindia... even if you have to stop breathing for a minute or two to free up brain cycles...

There were humans on this planet up to 80,000 years before "christ was born" and surprisingly enough, out of the 6 billion people currently living on the planet, the beliefs you have are in the MINORITY. What makes you think, that you have it all figured out and that the hundreds of billions of people that have lived and died since modern man took it's first steps are all now, burning in hell?
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby DangerPaul » Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:35 pm

double post

sorry
DangerPaul
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Zanathar » Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:37 pm

For Mindia?

The only thing that matters is that everyone believes as he does, everyone behaves as he does because God said it and therefore it must be true.

If Mindia's world comes to exist, then for the love of God, KILL ME!
Zanathar
The Nuking Skeleton
WoW
I helped :ban: Mindia!!!! Too bad he is back...
Zanathar
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Narrock » Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:45 pm

What makes you think, that you have it all figured out...

Faith.

And I never said all those people are burning in hell.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Langston » Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:54 pm

The basic element that the anti-religion crowd here overlooks or plain wishes to ignore is "faith".

Tossica and you others who are constantly besmirching religion and ridiculing those who strive for some "holiness" in their life really are missing the point... Faith is something that can't be argued against... it's a BELIEF without proof... it's the very nature of religion and you can throw as many jibes and insults at it that you like and it will never shake the fact that faith by its very nature doesn't require proof or explanation.

Give up trying to be internet tough guys picking on those who wish to have a little religion in their life... if gay people can believe that they are right religious people have the same prerogative.... it's not for you to judge.

Admittedly, Mindia is being equally judgemental - but I kinda feel for him as he is the only one that has the balls to try to stand up to the group of people here who drool all over themselves to attack anyone that has the slightest shreds of conservatism or religiousness in their hearts... naturally he's going to be defensive and aggressive... not that it is ok - but it at least is understandable.
Mindia wrote:I was wrong obviously.
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby DangerPaul » Fri Mar 19, 2004 4:06 pm

The faith argument can only be used if you are not being a fucking idiot hiding behind it.
DangerPaul
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tossica » Fri Mar 19, 2004 4:08 pm

Hi

I'll ask for a break on this one too.

I never attack anyone for having religious beliefs. I respect the fact that people have "faith". As ridiculous as it all seems to me, If that's what they need to make their lives full, so be it. There are many folks on NT that post about their beliefs and I say not a word.

I just can't help but rip in to holier than thou, retards.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Thon » Fri Mar 19, 2004 4:09 pm

on the contrary, faith is exactly what we're attacking. belief without proof, just blindly following a book of fairy tales called the new testament.

and please, don't compare sexual preference with religious preference

apples and oranges
Thon
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Tossica » Fri Mar 19, 2004 4:14 pm

to add to Thon's enlightment. I agree that you might as well live your live by Dr Seuss books as the bible. They both teach good lessons, both are FICTION and both were written by MAN. But I do respect your right to believe in fairy tales, just admit that you have faith in fairy tales and I will be happy.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby DangerPaul » Fri Mar 19, 2004 4:18 pm

Dr Seuss had the holy spirit in him too? L337 !
DangerPaul
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tossica » Fri Mar 19, 2004 4:20 pm

Mindia sez:

"Men who were filled with the Holy Spirit who wrote the Bible are pretty trustworthy in my eyes. Would you be satisfied if I'd said "God commanded {so and so} to write something down?" God was within these men as they were writing it. Isn't that the same thing? Yes. Do you think if they wrote anything down that God didn't authorize that it would have made it from the pen to the paper? No."

Man, that's good stuff. I missed that the first time through.

In todays society, we call that "schizophrenia". Too bad God did not forsee that all his prophets would eventually find their way in to psych wards and burning ranches in Texas.

People who say they are filled with the holy spirit are one of two things.

1. Insane

2. Trying to control you and or take your money

That about sums it up.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby DangerPaul » Fri Mar 19, 2004 4:22 pm

The A.T.F were just a bunch of Mormons and gays trying to keep the holy spirit down in texas man!
DangerPaul
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Fri Mar 19, 2004 4:53 pm

Mindia wrote: You didn't ask originally "WHERE does JESUS SAY that HOMOSEXUALITY = SEXUAL IMMORALITY" You added that later.

hi, third post in the thread:

brinstar wrote:can you show me where jesus literally says anything about homosexuality?

i think "homosexuality is immoral" would fit under "anything about homosexuality"

and again, from a recent post:

brinstar wrote:WHERE does JESUS SAY that HOMOSEXUALITY = SEXUAL IMMORALITY

not where does GOD say it in the old testament

specifically jesus, saying specifically that homosexuality is immoral

Mindia wrote:I already pointed out to you in the Old Testament where Jesus (God) said that homosexuality is sexual immorality.

I'm sorry, the answer does not match the question.

I'll ask one more time. Can you show me somewhere in the bible where a statement either about homosexuality being immoral or about homosexuality in general is directly attributed to Jesus during his time on earth? if you cannot show me that, i will assume the answer is no.

Mindia wrote:Use your God-given reading and comprehension skills.

you first, i can't be any more plain than this.
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Zanathar » Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:03 pm

brinstar wrote:
Mindia wrote: You didn't ask originally "WHERE does JESUS SAY that HOMOSEXUALITY = SEXUAL IMMORALITY" You added that later.

hi, third post in the thread:

brinstar wrote:can you show me where jesus literally says anything about homosexuality?

i think "homosexuality is immoral" would fit under "anything about homosexuality"

and again, from a recent post:

brinstar wrote:WHERE does JESUS SAY that HOMOSEXUALITY = SEXUAL IMMORALITY

not where does GOD say it in the old testament

specifically jesus, saying specifically that homosexuality is immoral

Mindia wrote:I already pointed out to you in the Old Testament where Jesus (God) said that homosexuality is sexual immorality.

I'm sorry, the answer does not match the question.

I'll ask one more time. Can you show me somewhere in the bible where a statement either about homosexuality being immoral or about homosexuality in general is directly attributed to Jesus during his time on earth? if you cannot show me that, i will assume the answer is no.

Mindia wrote:Use your God-given reading and comprehension skills.

you first, i can't be any more plain than this.

News Flash Mindia, you have not yet answered the question, please do so. Oh, wait... Hey, Brin, I think that the real problem is that Mindia feels that they have answered the question. Mindia believes in the Holy Trinity so strongly that there is no seperation between God, Jesus and the holy Spook. Therefore, to Mindia's way of thinking: The question was answered. And of course, since Jesus didnt say it yes or no, it is therefore an affirmation of "God's" word.

I, of course, could be wrong. But to Mindia's way of thinking, the question was answered. Of course, the answer is inadequate because you are asking for a temporal-based answer, wherein Mindia is giving you a non responsive, nor temporally referenced, answer.
Last edited by Zanathar on Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zanathar
The Nuking Skeleton
WoW
I helped :ban: Mindia!!!! Too bad he is back...
Zanathar
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Eviljonte » Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:06 pm

Mindia,

You seem to be a sweet kid, I smiled at the part where you pray for your family to come home safe every day (Smiled in the sense of the word as feeling warmth for somebody). I truly belive you have a good heart. I am guessing you are in your early 20s. So life has much to teach you yet. Spend a year out of texas, learn a second language, it will help you a lot, speaking from personal experience.

But! and there is a big BUT, leave the gaybashin´ redneckshit alone!

If a person choses to live her life in a different way then yours, who are you to judge her? This gay Pastor is a brave person and if you were truly a follower of Jesus you should praise her and support her in every way you could!

To end this, be a beacon not a biggot redneck asshole! It will help you and your crusade allthough my engrish is some poor.

Best regards

If you wanna chat shot me an email at eviljonte@hotmail.com

"damn engrish"
Iviljonte 65 lvls of idiocy
Eviljonte
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Spacewoman Spiff » Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:11 pm

Alrighty... out of all this religious flaming, the original question has yet to be dealt with. And it is one that I am very interested to hear an answer to, other than what essentially amounts to "omg, die u fagz."

I think homosexuals should be able to be practicing pastors, should their congregation accept them as such. My reasoning is a bit refracted here, so I'll try and be as concise as I possibly can. (And Mindia, I know we've had our problems in the past, but I will try to obstain from personal attack and flaming and keep it to reasonable debate if you will. No need to get angry, it's just a message board. Nobody will be changing anyones mind here, or anything.)

1. Why is homosexuality wrong? I don't believe that you choose who you love. God chooses that. Why would God put affection in your heart for another person and then sit back and tell you it's wrong for you to feel that? Because let's be honest, you can never have humped a member of the same sex in your life and still be gay.

2. If homosexuality is wrong, so are a whole hell of a lot of other things that people do, and we don't bar them from becoming pastors for having done them. And don't answer this with "homosexuality is worse than other things," because who are you to say that? Nowhere does it give us a list of all the sins one can commit, numbered from most offensive to The Lord to least offensive.

3. And as far as questioning whether the homosexuals should even be considered christians... well. As far as I'm concerned, the only prerequisite for being called a christian is believing in Jesus Christ. One can be a homo and believe in the Great J.C.

So, add all of this up, and that's why I think gay people should be allowed to preach. Liars are allowed, thieves are allowed, adulters are allowed. Why not fags?
Spacewoman Spiff
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

PreviousNext

Return to Namelesstavern's Finest