hey mindia

Let's throw things at them!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Postby Tossica » Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:29 pm

Mindia wrote:
Tossica wrote:
Mindia wrote:The sad part is that he doesn't even know his own religion.

No... the sad part is that you think that's the sad part.

No, the sad part is...

No... really, the sad part is that you honestly think you know what the fuck you are talking about.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Narrock » Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:44 pm

Tossica wrote:
Mindia wrote:
Tossica wrote:
Mindia wrote:The sad part is that he doesn't even know his own religion.

No, the sad part is...

No... really, the sad part is that you honestly think you know what the fuck you are talking about.

No, the sad part is that even YOU know that I'm right.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Drunnken » Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:50 pm

mindia do you really believe that we're all sitting here taking the time to post about how much we disagree with what you're saying because we're filled with jealousy regarding the fact that you're so right and we wish we could be too?
Drunnken
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Narrock » Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:53 pm

No I'm sitting here laughing at you people of little faith who have your heads buried so deep in the sand that you can't see, let alone understand, truth.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Drunnken » Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:54 pm

have fun being righteous
Drunnken
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Narrock » Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:57 pm

Not righteous, but striving to do the right thing according to God's will.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby brinstar » Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:59 pm

strive somewhere else
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Narrock » Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:02 pm

I have every right to be here and voice my opinions just like you do.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby brinstar » Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:07 pm

yeah and i have every right to be sick of them for their inanity
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Narrock » Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:19 pm

True, you have every right to be sick of my opinions as I am sick of yours :)
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Langston » Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:36 pm

Mindia - I was raised Catholic... my parents were and still are crazy-in-the-head kind of Catholic... to the point that we had the Papal letters delivered to our house and were reading materials for us.

To say that I don't know the Catholic religion and that you as the armchair Lutheran lobbing bombs at the Catholic church knows it better is a farse.

I challenge you to prove to me how the Catholic Pope believes his role is to be "Christ on Earth", how the Catholics worship a deified Mary, and that Priests forgive people of sin.

Please. Prove it to me. Provide me a link to something other than more of this ignorance. Show me how wrong I am...
Mindia wrote:I was wrong obviously.
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Apoco1 » Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:37 pm

Tossica wrote:
Mindia wrote:
Tossica wrote:
Mindia wrote:
The sad part is that he doesn't even know his own religion.

No, the sad part is...

No, the sad part is that even YOU know that I'm right.

alot of sad parts

but anyway mindia..you are trying too hard. i can't believe you said that you thought he didn't know his own religion.

go ahead and retaliate and say that he doesn't, btw~
Last edited by Apoco1 on Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Life -- Still a poor substitute for video games
-Time is the best teacher. Unfortunately, it kills all of its students

click
Apoco1
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Tossica » Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:38 pm

It's all so sad!!!
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Langston » Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:43 pm

Oh - and for the record... I am no longer a practicing Catholic because I DO have issues with the Catholic church. Through my research I found discrepancies between the tenets of the Church and my personal beliefs... so you saying that I'm a Catholic defending Catholicism isn't even true. I know the Catholic faith better than any other relgion so I used their interpretations for this debate over the last many pages and in other threads.

I still have yet to speak to what my personal opinion is on any of these several threads. I am debating from a side of the argument that was being thrashed because you couldn't adequately defend it without resorting to religous rhetoric. My personal viewpoints on these issues we've all been discussing for the last couple days haven't even been made clear. See? I have this ability to argue a point from different viewpoints for the sheer enjoyment of the debate - even if I argue from a side I don't personally agree with - the entertainment of the debate is what makes it fun - not being right or wrong.
Last edited by Langston on Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Apoco1 » Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:48 pm

owned.
-Life -- Still a poor substitute for video games
-Time is the best teacher. Unfortunately, it kills all of its students

click
Apoco1
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Langston » Tue Mar 23, 2004 8:34 am

Mindia - I'm presuming, since you haven't posted again on this thread, that you are retracting your statements about the Catholic church.

Now, in the spirit of fair play, I openly admit and recognize that there are many flaws in the message and processes of the Catholic church (in my opinion). I am not arguing the point that the Catholic church is far from perfect... but if you're going to attack it, at least attack it with salient points.
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby liquidstayce » Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:39 am

Him being religious is "scary"?

That's pretty shallow.

Being religious is not scary. Mindia finding God at the same time he is dating this new girl is scary. People don't usual gravitate towards an indepth study of the bible and finding God just to impress a new partner or get some attention on NT or do they? I was just questioning his motives for this new awakening he is having and how it came about. Plus I think he would have a better avatar if he could find himself something more in the lines of a pic with Jesus and a Cowboy hat then the cross.

Whatever makes you happy Mind =)
liquidstayce
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Narrock » Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:43 am

Ugzugz wrote:Mindia - I'm presuming, since you haven't posted again on this thread, that you are retracting your statements about the Catholic church.

Now, in the spirit of fair play, I openly admit and recognize that there are many flaws in the message and processes of the Catholic church (in my opinion). I am not arguing the point that the Catholic church is far from perfect... but if you're going to attack it, at least attack it with salient points.

Ugz, I already told you I'm not going to go around and around in a debate with you about the Catholics. Every time I post something about them you dismiss it as "unsalient", "untrue", and/or "ridiculous." I cannot offer any solid proof, in the same context that I cannot prove the existence of God (Because it's all FAITH-based), but I've studied the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and found more flaws in their teachings and beliefs (according to... here comes that word again, "SCRIPTURE") than any other "Christian" denomination. But I'm very happy to hear that you left the Catholic church. I would encourage you to continue seeking to become a dedicated, passionate, and productive follower of Christ if you're not already.

Here's a link to an illustration that explains one of my claims about Catholicism nicely. The rest of my claims are also substantiated and validated on that website if you navigate around a bit.

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0071/0071_01.asp
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Langston » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:00 am

Oh my god... that has got to be the weakest propaganda against the Catholic church I have ever seen.

- Baptism is used to exorcise demons from a child?

- Priests have "magical powers"?

- Catholics are worshiping the sun god, Baal?

- Mary is actually the Roman goddess Venus?

- Jesus hates Catholics?

You claim THIS is your source of knowledge about the Catholic church? No wonder you're clueless.

I especially like when the author claims to know so much about purgatory - specifically how long particular people have been there.

They should rename that website "The Religious Inquirer"...
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Narrock » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:07 am

Stacy wrote:
Him being religious is "scary"?

That's pretty shallow.

Being religious is not scary. Mindia finding God at the same time he is dating this new girl is scary. People don't usual gravitate towards an indepth study of the bible and finding God just to impress a new partner or get some attention on NT or do they? I was just questioning his motives for this new awakening he is having and how it came about. Plus I think he would have a better avatar if he could find himself something more in the lines of a pic with Jesus and a Cowboy hat then the cross.

Whatever makes you happy Mind =)

Hi Stacy,

I left the Lutheran Church and became a "Born-Again" Christian on April 23rd, 1986. Since then, I have turned my back to God for several reasons (which I won't get into at this time.) A few years ago, I got back into His Word, but never became a member of a church, although I've wanted to. When I lived in Reno I went to several churches trying to find one that felt right for me. I never found one. After moving to the Sacramento area and dating a few different girls I met Nina. She was, and is, everything I've ever wanted in a girl. I wish we would have met years ago, which would have saved us both from a lot frustration and pain from being with the wrong people. Anyway, Nina is a Passionate follower of Christ, and we do Bible study together, and share the same beliefs. She introduced me to her church and we started going there on the Sabbath. The pastor is very "right on" and relates Scripture to modern day problems and issues in a very dynamic manner. The service itself, aside from the sermon, is very slow-paced and geared more towards a much older crowd. I needed balance. Nina was open to checking out another church for Sunday worship. We found Lakeside church and we both love it. It's very contemporary and upbeat. They have a full band (guitars, keyboards, drum set, Bass, percussion (aside from the drummer on the drum kit). It's a worship-and-praise-through- song style of worship... not the traditional sing, sit, kneel, sing, sit, kneel, etc. that is so common among many churches. So we worship on the Sabbath and on Sunday. Anyway, Nina and I have helped each other to become better Christians... to know His word better. There's nothing scary about that. In fact, it's the exact opposite of scary. I'm the happiest I've ever been in my entire life. That's got to tell you something...
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Langston » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:10 am

oh - and don't think you can get away with the "not going to argue about the TRUTH" bullshit... this isn't a question of faith, this is an issue of your ignorant drivel and ridiculous, uneducated accusations against a denomination you obviously don't have any knowledge about.

I cannot offer any solid proof

no shit...
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Narrock » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:12 am

Ugzugz wrote:Oh my god... that has got to be the weakest propaganda against the Catholic church I have ever seen.

- Baptism is used to exorcise demons from a child?

- Priests have "magical powers"?

- Catholics are worshiping the sun god, Baal?

- Mary is actually the Roman goddess Venus?

- Jesus hates Catholics?

You claim THIS is your source of knowledge about the Catholic church? No wonder you're clueless.

I especially like when the author claims to know so much about purgatory - specifically how long particular people have been there.

They should rename that website "The Religious Inquirer"...

I already knew you were going to take that stance before I even hit the "submit" button. :)
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Narrock » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:15 am

Ugzugz wrote:oh - and don't think you can get away with the "not going to argue about the TRUTH" bullshit... this isn't a question of faith, this is an issue of your ignorant drivel and ridiculous, uneducated accusations against a denomination you obviously don't have any knowledge about.

I cannot offer any solid proof

no shit...

You're free to believe as you'd like. But I am educated and knowledgable about Catholicism which is how I know they are wrong.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Langston » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:15 am

Please Mindia... please tell me you aren't so stupid as to actually think that shit is true... if so, I pity you your ignorance and tunnel-vision.

That stuff isn't even approaching anything resembling something believable... even if I was a fundamentalist Muslim hell-bent on killing every Catholic person I ever meet, I couldn't believe that website's claims.
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby vonkaar » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:16 am

He's so educated, he thinks the Catholics use the KJV Bible.

Why do you even care what he says Ugzugz? You are clearly above him :depressed:.
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

PreviousNext

Return to Namelesstavern's Finest