The Bible and the errors within - A (long) religious post.

Let's throw things at them!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Postby Diekan » Thu May 20, 2004 1:21 am

Mindia "speaks :: love me now" ??
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Drem » Thu May 20, 2004 1:26 am

kind of right
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Donnel » Thu May 20, 2004 8:10 am

Thon wrote:the point is moot because anyone that believes in the bible is a retard

I thought this thread was intended to keep Christians from making blanket statements with no backup. Why is it that You can so eloquently denounce my faith with no regard to the fact that it is what I believe?

Read Vonkaar's post, then mebbe think about what you are saying before you post drivel such as this.
<a href="http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?384300">Treston</a>
Donnel
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tossica » Thu May 20, 2004 8:15 am

haha. That Mindia .gif is great!
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Thon » Fri May 21, 2004 2:26 pm

Thon wrote:anyone that believes in the bible is a retard
Thon
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Donnel » Fri May 21, 2004 3:07 pm

Thanks for keeping this discussion alive with thought provoking responses. I'm so glad we can be preached at to be open minded about others, and then turn around and be close minded about one group.

Woo!
Donnel
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tuggan » Fri May 21, 2004 3:22 pm

its ok to be ignorant towards a group of ignorant motherfuckers.
Tuggan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Thon » Fri May 21, 2004 8:42 pm

this 'discussion' was over months ago

you can in believe a book of fairy tales all you want, you're still a retard
Thon
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby mappatazee » Fri May 21, 2004 10:12 pm

The problem is the Bible is not thought provoking, in fact it's an antithesis to the concept. I, for one, say it was a warranted comment in light of the subject.
mappatazee
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Donnel » Sat May 22, 2004 8:43 am

This discussion was bumped, and commented on recently, so I joined in. It was not over.

Map: You may think that it is in fact not thought provoking and that's fine. Not everyone is going to believe in Jesus and the Bible and that's fine. Just because you don't believe something however doesn't make those who do retards.

Do you know why Christians say other religions like LDS or JW or Muslim are wrong? Because our religion states that Jesus is the only way to heaven, that The Bible is the inspired Word of God, that God wants us to put no other gods before him, and that the "Fool will say in his heart that there is no God".

The true Christian is not the one who is lacadasical about the threats to his own religion, the true Christian is the one telling you about how Jesus died on the cross for your sins if you would only repent, and letting you know that Jesus is indeed the ONLY way to heaven.

For all intents and purposes you are right, this thread is over. Not because you called me a retard or said the Bible was not thought provoking, but unless God gets a hold of your heart and your head, you will never be a Christian. Nothing I can do about that.

Am I close minded? I wouldn't think so, but if YOU were convinced that the world was round, you had seen all the proof and knew it to be a fact, had experienced the effects of a round earth and then were presented with the idea that it was flat, you would be close minded too.

I have seen change in my heart. Change that could only have come from coming under the power of the Prince of Peace, letting His word guide my thoughts guide my actions and behaviors. I know for a fact that Jesus is the only way to get to heaven, because I trust that the source of my info is 100% accurate.

You don't trust that same source to be accurate, and no intellectual discussion between us will ever resolve THAT boundary. Get over the Christian bashing, it's old. People have been doing it long before you thought up your one liners, and people will always do it.
Donnel
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Thon » Sat May 22, 2004 10:07 am

nice to see you turning the other cheek, just like the prince of peace. if you really wish to resurect(teehee) this thread, then let's get a few things straight.

which form of christianity is correct? i mean before you go saying other religions(including ones far older than christianity) are wrong, which flavor of jesus is right?

Because there's more choices than Baskin-Robbins. Are the Catholics right? The Orthodox? Methodist? Baptist? Anglican? Mormon? etc
Thon
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Treehorn » Sat May 22, 2004 10:35 am

The Heaven's Gaters were correct, and Jesus has already come in his space ship to take away his chosen people.
I don't need no instructions to know how to ROCK!
Treehorn
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Thon » Sat May 22, 2004 10:39 am

arn't those the fellas that castrated themselves?
Thon
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Drem » Sat May 22, 2004 10:58 am

no dude mormonism is like a cult, not a religion I WANT A TEMPLE MARRIAGE
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Treehorn » Sat May 22, 2004 10:59 am

Yes, then later poisoned themselves to death in a mass "suicide".

Being the chosen ain't easy.
I don't need no instructions to know how to ROCK!
Treehorn
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tacks » Sat May 22, 2004 11:07 am

Oh shut the fuck up.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby mappatazee » Sat May 22, 2004 5:26 pm

[quote="Donnel"][/quote]

Yeah, whatever you say Donnel Greatwolf Level 65 Warlord Leader of the LiGhT WaRrIoRs The Nameless
mappatazee
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby KILL » Sat May 22, 2004 7:10 pm

It never ceases to amaze me how utterly insane an otherwise intelligent person can sound once when talking about religion.
KILL
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Phantomfist » Sat May 22, 2004 7:47 pm

arn't those the fellas that castrated themselves?
Thon

Yes. Now all you need to do is poison yourself and you will be just like them!
Azlana wrote:I suck horribly at math and didn't pass Algebra three years in a row, BUT I was in advanced English since fifth grade.
Phantomfist
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Donnel » Mon May 24, 2004 10:18 am

Thon wrote:nice to see you turning the other cheek, just like the prince of peace. if you really wish to resurect(teehee) this thread, then let's get a few things straight.

which form of christianity is correct? i mean before you go saying other religions(including ones far older than christianity) are wrong, which flavor of jesus is right?

Because there's more choices than Baskin-Robbins. Are the Catholics right? The Orthodox? Methodist? Baptist? Anglican? Mormon? etc

I know in this question it's going to boil down to a matter of semantics, but true Christianity is the oldest religion in the world, but here we go again arguing theistics.

If I say that I believe God created the heavens and the earth, you will tell me to prove it. I cannot do this. My belief comes from my trust in my religion, and in certain evidences I see around me. Are those evidences conclusive to show God created the world? Not outside of a trust in the Bible they aren't.

If I believe that from the beginning of time, God's plan was to create a world, inhabit it with people, allow his creation to fall into sin such that he would be required to send his only son to redeem his creation from the judgement that He had indeed made, all it is to someone who does not share the same beliefs as me is a fairy tale and nothing more.

Your 21 flavors, are not religions, they are denominations of Christianity. Methodist, Orthodox, Lutheran, Episcopal, Catholic, etc all are forms of Christianity. Did you know that Islam has many forms as well, yet they are still considered Islam? So before you play the, "they don't even know what they believe themselves/splintered groups who can't get their story straight" card, remember the boat goes both ways.

Oh and Map? I suppose you were trying to insinuate I was some Kewl Dood who shouldn't be taken seriously because we chose "The Light Warriors" as our guild tag. Yes it was taken from the origonal Final Fantasy game, that I am sure many people here would defend as a great game/series. So what's the problem here? I guess I'm just not enough of a cool guy for your club.
Donnel
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tossica » Mon May 24, 2004 10:42 am

Donnel sez: "I know in this question it's going to boil down to a matter of semantics, but true Christianity is the oldest religion in the world, but here we go again arguing theistics."

NOT.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Martrae » Mon May 24, 2004 10:44 am

Give it up, Donnel...all you are going to get is one jackass after another posting random crap.
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Donnel » Mon May 24, 2004 10:53 am

Tossica wrote:Donnel sez: "I know in this question it's going to boil down to a matter of semantics, but true Christianity is the oldest religion in the world, but here we go again arguing theistics."

NOT.

And the why?

Christianity began when Adam and Eve were covered by the fur of a lamb.

God slew the lamb to cover their sin. Christ was slain to cover the sin of the world.

Like I said, it's semantics, and it's arguing doctrine.
Donnel
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tossica » Mon May 24, 2004 10:55 am

No, Christianity began when someone got around to making it all up and writing it down.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Donnel » Mon May 24, 2004 11:02 am

Thanks for proving my point, Tossica.

(in case you missed the point, it was that it's pointless to discuss religion among people who don't agree)
Donnel
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

PreviousNext

Return to Namelesstavern's Finest