are you Oldskoo?

Let's throw things at them!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Postby Muglack » Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:34 am

No, the fast typer was Shadowspear. Entranci was teh annoying bitch that would flood auc channel with spam on her three characters (Entranci, Thunderwolf, and Ninahighlander). Atalya was the useless druid that was permenantly attached to beardo's ass, and was quite possibly one of THE most annoying people you may have ever run into. He also played Elliott the monk.
Muglack
NT Deity
NT Deity

old

Postby Nanumren » Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:53 am

kinda miss the old days with no expansions, and knowing lots of people... now its just a bunch of people that I have never seen b4...
anyway...
December 1999

vry pwr thx
<B>Retired Gnome
65 Super Duper Magician
The Nameless</B>
------------------
<B>Elementals beware, for your day of reckoning is at last upon you.</B>
"Gemme yo money, bitch!"
Nanumren
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Lalandar » Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:28 am

Jan. 25th 2000. 316 days, 14 hours played.
Lalandar
NT Bixie
NT Bixie

Postby Harrison » Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:37 am

He also played Elliott the monk.

No wonder I hated them. Worthless piece of shit~
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tacks » Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:11 pm

He wasn't a druid, but you're right, he was the most annoying person you could meet, also had absolutely 0 skill and ebay was his life.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Old School

Postby Gruns » Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:54 pm

I have to be the old schooliest player no one's ever heard of.
Started "Gruns" an hour after The Nameless went live. I do believe I was the first Master Potter on the server. I remember the big level race on day 1. Every so often doing a /who all 8 12. I remember Mudcrush always being on top of the list. ("Holy shit! He's level 9 already! He must be rich selling SoW for 1pp each!")
I dont remember seeing many/most of you in game ever. Cornell Superunknown, human mage. Early 20's in Unrest. Mudcrush in Lower Guk on occassion.
I remember a monk with a Guise of the Deceiver in an Oracle Robe in Blackburrow /bleed'ing all over and whacking gnolls with monkly deftness. Noobs wondering how a caster could hit like that. Other noobs saying he was obviously a monk. And yet other noobs arguing that he couldn't be a monk because monks have to be human.

Later.
Gruns

P.S.- Dnalkao pwns j00 all 2.
Gruns
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Atalya » Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:51 pm

Grenddell was the druid that was attached to beardo's ass . I was an enchanter and then later a monk and as for zero skill lol that's funny=p Can't deny the ebay claim . Grouped in OS win a RBG and guy messages me saying i'll western union you 500 US for that belt.. Sorry i'm not that much of a fucking nerd that i'm going to say "well no that is against the EULA! i am reporting you and going to give this to a needy shadowknight!"
Atalya
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Atalya » Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:54 pm

and Kumoe it's me you know i think i even helped you do lord Rak for your epic (whichever the dude in CoM is) with kumdaan one day
Atalya
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby brinstar » Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:57 am

<3 gruns
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Muglack » Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:37 am

I remember Mudcrush always being on top of the list.

You remember wrong, because Ronald beat everyone in that race. Actually beat is the wrong word. I'd go with "raped".
Muglack
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Gruns » Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:48 am

You remember wrong, because Ronald beat everyone in that race.

Yeah, I know Ronald the necromancer was the first 50 on the server. But he was always Anon and thus, didnt show up on the list.
The first level 50 I remember seeing doing a /who all 50 was a halfling druid with a short (4 letters?) name that I cant remember. Wasn't anyone on here though.

Later!
Gruns
Gruns
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Kadah » Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:00 am

April 2000 here.
65 and 160 AA
Kadah
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Lyion » Fri Mar 26, 2004 7:42 am

Muglack wrote:
I remember Mudcrush always being on top of the list.

You remember wrong, because Ronald beat everyone in that race. Actually beat is the wrong word. I'd go with "raped".

Well, going to bed Feigned Death with your pet dual wielding and mass killing everything in the Tower in Lower Guk easily was not exactly challenging to level.

He was good player, no doubt, but early on the pet for them was so overpowered it was sick.

Mudcrush made 50 after I did. I remember ressing him a few times in Guk. He made 50 early, but not first definitely.
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Drasnor » Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:36 pm

The first level 50 I remember seeing doing a /who all 50 was a halfling druid with a short (4 letters?) name that I cant remember. Wasn't anyone on here though.

That would be Hapt hafling druid, was in Legacy of Steel. :band:

My orginal character was Dryga Oom an enchanter :cussing: , born Oct 14, 1999. He is semi retired now, I play Drasnor my rogue :duel: full time now primarily but 2 box them both sometimes.
Drasnor
NT Bixie
NT Bixie

Postby chanteez » Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:13 pm

Chanteez was born April 13, 2000

teshana born may 1999 on tarew, on nameless now
my druid is older but knew early that i was definately not druid material.

beta tested as well.
chanteez
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Hapt it was

Postby Mudcrush Durtfeet » Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:03 pm

I wasn't even first shaman to 50. A lot of people made 50 before me. I think it was Dnalkao who hit 50 first (as shaman).

First necro was Ronald.
First warrior was Draed.

First druid might have been Hapt, but there were some others who were fast... Clueless and Ravan I think.

First Cleric maybe Sengir, wizard maybe Tenaj.

No rogue hit 50 for quite a while if I recall.
A founding member of Legacy of Steel
Mudcrush Durtfeet
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Durothil Skyreaver » Fri Mar 26, 2004 7:02 pm

Dec 29/99 for me

Hmmmm old school stuff, well once got trapped in Befallen at lvl 15 or 16 and Winkin happened to be in the zone wasting some time and came down and saved me .

Who remembers the big rants about paladins and rangers and when they changed the ammount of hp the two classes had.

Flink - nuff said
Durothil Skyreaver
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Was referring to Nameless Server, Day 1.

Postby Gruns » Fri Mar 26, 2004 7:42 pm

I wasn't even first shaman to 50. A lot of people made 50 before me. I think it was Dnalkao who hit 50 first (as shaman).

Yeah. I was just referring to the first day of the server. The first few hours, to be specific. I could only play for about 6 hours, which means I hit maybe level 7... While in the same timeframe people were fast approaching level 20. Next day I logged on I remember the highest being a 34 Wizard in South Karana. Dont remember who, and couldnt guess if I had to. No one else was in their 30's though. Un-anon, anyway.

Who was this monk?:
I remember a monk with a Guise of the Deceiver in an Oracle Robe in Blackburrow /bleed'ing all over and whacking gnolls with monkly deftness.

Ah yeah... This game used to be amazingly fun...

Later!
Gruns
Gruns
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Metranon » Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:40 pm

august 2000

i played in beta and shit and on fennin ro before making it over to nameless
Metranon
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

lol always one of these

Postby Almegest Victory » Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:33 pm

Sup yo.....Nov 99 on my old cleric.

And that monk was probably Mongoose (yea yea yea, some druid has that name, but there was a monk named that)
[90 Ashenhand] Almegest Victory<Valorguard>
[85 Juggernaut] Eviscerate<Valorguard>
[80 Arch Animist] Pneumatic Device
[75 Shadowblade] Hundular Rocsolid
[50 Shadow Knight] Yiumadzeni Frenzy
[49 Wizard] Superlative Auras
-----retired----
[56 Templar] Allanh Soultaker
[56 Master] Lurdasam
Almegest Victory
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby kaharthemad » Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:53 am

July 2000 as well here. got on...left for 3 years came back. Remember the days of "/OOC WTB TP to DL for CR!!! Paying PP upon successful retreival."
kaharthemad
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Adivina » Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:54 am

I've been playing for a long time not as long as some people here, but I started playing during Kunark. Finally quitting too...mixed feelings on that, not because I miss the game, but because I will miss all the people I have met over the years.
Donnel wrote:
Erodalak wrote:Who needs an education when you are hawt like advina

fixt :P
Adivina
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Mop » Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:32 pm

That monk was Genjiro

he was my love slave and my jigga
Narrock wrote:I don't like rabbits. They remind me of this chick I met on teh internet like 5 years ago.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Kilaar » Sun Mar 28, 2004 10:02 am

Well scrolling thru there i must say i recognized alot of names from the oldskool, 1. Labbats (btw i remember hunting Guk with you, you were camping something for like 4 hours, then i showed up and we got it on first spawn, some people rub me for luck, some people do it for there sick pleasures ><)i give a shit obviously, i made the post. Why do i care you ask, well im with some people in thinking that the game was WAY better back in early 2000's. I like hearing about the way oldskool shit, kilaar might be oldskool but i wasn't a hardcore EQ player until 2000. When if you were level 60 you were POWA. I also like hearing about the BotB tournies, anyone know who won some of them? (if the winners of the class are still around etc. 2. Atalya Yah thanks for the Orb of Tash Lol, i remember you gave it to me and i promised id use it forever. (even tho i Ec'd it 3 hours later for a SMR ! /rawr) That was pretty cool of you to give to me when i was n00ber. That was when 7k could buy you the best haste sash in game. Metranon Long time bro, hope yer ok. Hopeful nice cle, Bagaknight (leaving 400 corpses in everyzone) Kumoe nice guy, Mudcrush always trying to do the impossible in exp groups and winning most of the time, ie doing king camp with no cle which was just unthinkable back then, or just some shit along those lines. Sorina wuwu was/still one of best friends, great rogling. I only hang with the cool kids ! OMG Blindingangel we used to hunt alot in LOIO wayy back. Haven't thought/heard of that name in 4 years i think. 3. Nojh im good thanks for asking, i have been dating 5'10 Blonde Girlfriend (which is why ive been MIA last few weeks)with banging body, who just loves alll kinds of dirty shit. She Bartends for me at Nightclub i manage / bartend in chicago. Life is pretty f$#@#$ great right about now. Thanks for asking, i hope you are ok? There are many many more of you i know or remember certain things from. And its cool thinking about the good ole days. And i notice pattern, Those who still play the SAME char that they started (around 2000) are the ones i remember, its the peps who change chars a few times whos name have no clout, well maybe presence is better word. And last but NOT least Muglack laff... The quickest witted Ogre on the server, and mug jeez man i didn't think you had been around since the VERY beginning, now i know why manalope used to bust yer balls when you finally reached 65. Manalope lol Wasn't a zone he didn't train. Wow ill sthu now,
Kilaar
PS Leave any info you have from the BoTB Tounaments if you would, espically if you were in it or WON it OO. Like final fight info or whatever you remember thats worth reading =)
Kilaar
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

yah

Postby Jeddas » Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:15 am

Jeddas the start of 2001. I wouldnt call that oldschool, but I was on before EQ was two years old~

So many 65's cause its so easy to get to 65 :)

Jeddas, Bardic Fighter
Jeddas
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Namelesstavern's Finest