are you Oldskoo?

Let's throw things at them!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Postby Tacks » Sun Apr 04, 2004 10:31 am

Didn't Tenaj nuke himself? That dude always was a jackass.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Metranon » Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:44 pm

i think sirc won using markar's discord, which was the hella rare 57 dd/stun that like almost no one had at the time, plus like you said, people were retarted and trying to use sunstrike
Metranon
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Arlos » Sun Apr 04, 2004 8:26 pm

Started December 5, 1999. Retired just recently, but didn't play almost ever since mid-december. No clue how many AAs I finished up with.

I did win the monk BOTB on nameless, beating Metopious 2-1 in the final round here, before getting really unlucky in seeding in the finals, going against a iksar from a zek in the first round, where I got out-regenned.

As for Sirc, if I remember right, didn't he dispel the other wizards a lot? Seem to recall he would do that to strip whatever self-buff wizards have, since the buff took way more mana than dispel did. Beyond that, I dunno, never played a wiz.

Oh and yes, Tenaj did nuke himself. That was fucking funny as hell.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Forik » Sun Apr 04, 2004 8:46 pm

Glic won the mage botb, it was funny cause he beat Orby in the finals, and I think he was 57 at the time. I remember when he won, he kept saying, "holy shit I just beat Orby!"
Forik
GM of The Evil Empire <We Know Girls>
We Know Girls
Armory
Forik
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Reynaldo » Sun Apr 04, 2004 8:56 pm

Which is extra amazing, due to Orby being a cleric and all.
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby brinstar » Sun Apr 04, 2004 10:39 pm

Reynaldo wrote:Which is extra amazing, due to Orby being a cleric and all.

exactly what i was thinking
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Metranon » Sun Apr 04, 2004 10:43 pm

lol
Metranon
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Harrison » Sun Apr 04, 2004 10:52 pm

How is stunning and using small nukes questionable?

Explain?
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Atalya » Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:02 am

i dont think it was "questionable" per say. But i remember talking withi Viparbaal about it a little while ago and he said that while now the strat might seem common it was just unheard of at the time to think of stun/nuking as opposed to on the count of 3 start clicking sunstrike! So he would markers discord then could get off a lure of ice then markers again to stop their sunstrike. Arbaal told me he had never been thoroughly beaten by strat before as although Sirc was from Sanctuary she (he) was far from being the best geared in the competition
Atalya
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Forik » Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:35 am

well shit, not Orby then, I can't remember her name but she was a high elf mage in LoS, thought it was Orby but obviously not, it has been a few years :p
Forik
We Know Girls
Armory
Forik
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Mop » Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:37 am

Medicd

that drama biatch

f her and her 500 fucking twinks she would try to get as prospects in LoS
Narrock wrote:I don't like rabbits. They remind me of this chick I met on teh internet like 5 years ago.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby brinstar » Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:39 am

why u h8 china
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Forik » Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:41 am

aye that was her, Medicd. It's funny, no wonder I didn't remember her as being a mage, with the name "Medic" /sigh Rey is just mad because I make all my field goals now, NOT wide right.
Forik
We Know Girls
Armory
Forik
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Tacks » Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:45 pm

Oh christ, Medicd ~_~ I remember that tard from Mistmoore.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Harrison » Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:32 pm

Nothing beats ELJedicat and his jesse jackson TW defenses in engrish.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Ergomas » Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:08 am

Dec 31st 1999 Nameless only server I have ever known...
Ergomas
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Malluas » Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:37 pm

November 1999, and quit 2 years ago before PoP. QUit before someone beat Seru (i believe). LoS was raidin the Snake Temple all the time

I remember that Meto Arlos battle, i believe i was with Paragons at that time, and we were doing some raid i don't remember heh, but we were all cheering on Meto.

Paragons was my first big guild till it broke up, then I was in SoS.

I believe i was the first half elf warrior to 60... LoS might have had one but i honestly don't remember (i always liked to say i was the first :) ),

5th person on Nameless to get the warrior epic, one day after Ganzo.

Was in on countless 2nd "Guild to kill" mobs (which was lots o fun).

My first Statue kill was during my recruitment process with SoS, and i think the 2nd time we killed it, i got the BP of Eradication, which i was crazy surpised cause i wassn't part of the guild yet, but did become part a few weeks later.

I remember Seanlan yelling "CAMP" as an answer where he was, but everyone camped out.

I remember a few joint raids on AoW with LoS.

I also was in Nameless of Mercy, which was a great time in my EQ career.
Malluas
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Tacks » Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:29 pm

GUESS WHAT:

THIS THREAD WAS DEAD FOR 2 MONTHS AND YOU DECIDED TO POST....FUCK YOU YOU FLAMING FAG.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:46 pm

fuck you taxx

malluas rocks

hey ed it's alex, sup bro
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Drolkrad » Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:02 pm

Anyone old enough to remember the guild, "Sdrawkcab eht"?

I'm so old school, I remember Dnalkao and Gram, telling me that they didn't want to group with Mudcrush in High pass hold to kill some gnolls, and Mudcrush got all pissed. lol. I don't think anyone even heard of Gram (Dark Elf mage. she leveled to 50 so fast, I think 2nd to level to 50 on the Nameless server, and then just quit almost after that.

Our guild "Sdrawkcab eht" were killing the Oracle at level 30ish and got all the casters in the guild an Oracle Robe, and we felt so uber because almost no one else had one then.

I did some trading and got a Shiny Metallic Robe off this level 15 guy who got the robe off a GM quest, and I was wearing it since level 30ish and everyone that saw me in it was like "wow".

And the good old Treant days back in South Karana was the shit. We were talking about the Glowing Black Stone and everyone thought it was the shit.

And the race to level 50 was funny cuz I remember Dnalkao and Gram always talking shit about that crap even though I didn't care. They were both trying hard to beat Ronald but they were just too nice to be able to beat him. Cuz they were both spending a ton of time helping their guildmates and friends instead of power leveling like mad. But they still ended up level 50 only 1 or 2 days behind Ronald.

I remember camping the Efreeti with 4 others til 8 AM in the morning just so everyone that was there got their pair of Golden Efreeti Boots.

Our guild only consisted about 10 or so people. We already conquerored all the dungeons and I didn't know why we didn't bother to try Nagafen or the Plane of Fears. People were getting bored of the end game already and there was a bit of drama going on with the guild and everything just went downhill from there and the awesome guild got disbanded. Almost everyone in the guild were level 50 within 2 weeks after Ronald leveled to 50, so we were all pretty high level.

So most of my guildmates and friends left the game but I still wanted to play. I got my friend Nicealgar from Rallos Zek to come to the Nameless to play with me and we owned lower guk for the 1 millionth time. Me and Nicealgar use to be buds on Rallos zek, and had some good times there, even though most of the time I was trying to run my fucking shadowknight away from the PKers. I was the first level 50 shadowknight on the Rallos Zek server, and I had some of the "best gear" at that time, but god damnit I only had a bit over 1000 hitpoints. I was in fear of wearing anything good, so PVP just was so stupid, and running from your bindpoint to get your corpse was no fun either. With 1000 hitpoints, one nuke from an Ice Comet from a wizard means good bye for me. Before all the PVP rules that we have now set in, Rallos Zek was hell for a melee.

There was all these crazy ass GM quests going on during this time and there were a few manastones floating around, and manastones were *really"*badass at this time. I did some trading a got a hold of a manastone. Nicealgar somehow got really lucky and scored a manastone off a GM event as well. Then we both had manastones and it was really awesome. We fooled around and sometimes I would dual wield manastones, and people were like WTF. That was some fun times.

At that time Legacy of Steel were killing shit like Nagafen and Plane of Fear, Plane of Hate etc, and they were pretty badass.

I think Mudcrush was pissed off at me for some reason cuz he mistaken me for Dnalkao, properly cuz my name looked similiar. Ronald didn't like me either for some reason. Anyways I couldn't get into Legacy of Steel, and weren't really into that guild stuff at that time.

I also *REALLY* pissed off Berton, who was in Sanctuary at that time, cuz his whole group of 6 people died to the Shin Lord in upper guk, then I walked by and noticed the Shin Lord was up, and there weren't anyone there at that time except corpses, and I solo'ed him. I guess they saw me when the mob was nearly dead and they were trying to recover their corpses. They wanted their sword and they gave me all sorts of crap for it. I pretty much just ignored them since they died in the first place and no one was there and that wasn't consider kill stealing for me. Well, it was a bad move, cuz EVERYONE in sanctuary started hating me, LOL. So I was out of a guild for a while now.

Of course besides making enemies, I also made friends adventuring in dungeons instead of raiding like others. Old school names like Saraman, Abou, Sashai, Winkin, Annawolf(sp), and Zeen . Zeen quit Nameless almost the same time Dnalkao and Gram did, and went to another server, and actually become a guildleader of pretty uber guild.

Then Kunark came along and the level cap was raised. Somehow Abou got me into this level racing thing and wanted me to beat Ronald to level 60. Cuz Abou and Ronald are real like friends or something. Anyways we both lost for the race for the fastest level 60 necro to a girl necromancer named Aanayada(sp).

I had some fun times in Sebilis and we camped for Fungi Tunics and PRE NERFED fungi staffs and shrink bracers all day long. After camping that place for a week or two, I finally got myself a pre nerfed fungi staff, and quite a few fungi tunics. I thought to myself, damn I am pretty uber now, I have a manastone and a pre nerfed fungi staff and a Mask of Innervation. All 3 is very very rare.

After a while things got bored and I wanted to see some of the raiding zones so I joined up with Cloud of Evolution. We kept dying to shit like Gorenaire and Talendor but we didn't care cuz we had some fun. O man how things have changed, I can solo these now.

I worked hard on my character, trying to get some good equip to wear. I think I had like 2000 hp unbuffed hp as a necro before the BOTB. That was more HP than most of the uber guild necros at that time. Anyways with a little bit of strategy and skills, I was able to defeat all the other necros serverwide and won the title "the Warlock".

At that time I was almost always soloing and I just didn't felt like I had enough power, so I started playing 2 characters. I finally decided to reroll to a shadowknight, Meulgy and made a cleric and went to level 65 with both then joined Eupohria when they were still raiding Velious.

Some of the officers in Euphoria decided they had enough with the game and quit. For some reason, out of no where I was offered to be the raid leader, even though I had zero experience, and hardly knew the people in the guild. I took the job anyways and we progressed all the way to the Elemental Planes.

At point in time I thought I was the richest player in the Nameless server, but I wasn't able to confirm it, and you don't want to know how much. :P

I quit shortly after that but that is my life story. :)

ps. I am really bored at work, that is why I have the time to write all this shit, and damn I still got 2 more hours to go :(
Drolkrad
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Tacks » Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:16 pm

Someone here cares way too much about Everquest.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Drolkrad » Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:22 pm

stfu taxx, go get a fucking life.
Drolkrad
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Lyion » Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:53 pm

Drolkrad wrote:stfu taxx, go get a fucking life.

Don't bite Taxx's bait, man.
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

taxx

Postby Malluas » Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:24 pm

i just recently logged back onto the forums from a long ass absence.

I don't even kno how many people remember me anymore, but i like to share my EQ experiences, so don't hate... read it :)

whats up Alex, my brotha
Malluas
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Tacks » Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:57 pm

stfu taxx, go get a fucking life.

Hi, I'm not the one who just wrote a novel about my EQ experience.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Namelesstavern's Finest