are you Oldskoo?

Let's throw things at them!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Postby Fadany Stargazer » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:24 pm

:!: HOLLY KILAAR WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN MAN>??????? well hey its fadany yes the real fadany get in game bro need to talk to you.

65 Wizard Fadany Stargazer
Fadany Stargazer
NT Bixie
NT Bixie

Sheesh....

Postby Gargamellow » Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:30 pm

...Been a while since I read through this topic. I don't know if I am old school or not. What consititutes old school? I started EQ in March of 2000. I had an entire set of bronze armor stolen from me because my friend irl gave some stranger consent to loot her corpse. MAN I was pissed off like crazy. But I don't know if that would consitute me as old school or would old school be someone who was here on the beta? That is ancient to me. It must have sucked some major ass.
Gargamellow
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:25 pm

an easy way to classify old school IMO would be pre-kunark

level cap at 50, no epics, etc
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Andraxus Lupinedeth » Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:13 pm

Mayadar Crimsonbane from Dec 1999-May 2000. Andaris Lupinedeth from May 2000- Jan 2004. Account now owned by a friend.

(Retired)Andaris Lupinedeth <----------Used to own Thon with Mayadar in /duels
65th Storm Warden
The Nameless
Andraxus Lupinedeth
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Aumagus » Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:31 am

i started both aumagus and my rogue Fyne Cutlery right before kunark came out...must have been 1999 somewhere..i dunno it all blurs together now. Too bad i had to sell Fyne for 500 bucks to get my car (which the cops stole from right outside my apartment) out of impound =\
Aumagus
NT Bixie
NT Bixie

Postby Ganzo » Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:28 pm

If going from Qeynos to Freeport involved 2hr trip, with begging for sow/invis at every zoneline only to be trampled by hillgiant in East Commons- you must be Oldscool

If you ever camped out after buffs to wait for raid in chatroom- you must be oldschool

If you ever seen halfling milkman in Oasis- you must be oldschool

If you were ever proud owned of pair of Lanseaxes for more than 20 levels- you must be oldschool

If you ever waited 30lvls before geting your first piece of bronze armor- you must be oldschool

If you camped Ghoulbane- you must be oldschool

If you ever fell in lava pulling 3spawn in Sol B- you must be oldschool

If you know reason why Ghost needs to be pulled to you in Unrest- you must be oldschool Gnome!!!

tons more but i'll let others do it
Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Minrott » Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:41 pm

If twin yaks +fbss were THE things you aspired for - you must be oldschool

If you did whatever you could to get a magic weapon so you could kill wisps for money - you must be oldschool

If you sat at Black Burrow waiting for a group and actually dungeon crawled through it - you must be oldschool.

If the unicorn shield was the coolest thing ever because it was the only weapon with AC - you must be oldschool.
Molon Labe
Minrott
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby dammuzis » Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:42 pm

Tammuz was created the day the server went live (dont remember)
Dammuzi was created with kunark

before nameless i was a level 50 mage name Fazen Sumner on Brell

when Fazen was a newb he fell down the well in Befallen and had to wait for his friend who was uber level 30 to get him out.

omg i remember the run from qeynos to FP. there was just NOTHING to do on the east coast after level 10 or so..

wts Summoned lightsources 10gold Please Send Tell
dammuzis
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Durothil Skyreaver » Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:48 pm

Heh heh I had the same thing happen at lvl 18. After about 2 hours Winkin came to Befallen and rescued me while he farmed some loots.
Durothil Skyreaver
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby dammuzis » Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:05 am

unfortunatly i was a "roleplayer" which was basically an excuse to suck and not level (plus i had a real life)

i was guilded with kumho for awhile in a sad small pitiful guild where i was the only cleric... damn memories.. too bad EQ isnt fun anymore

back when duel messages where still serverwide i think georgebush killed algore in a duel to the death

hideaki sat with me outside of surefall glade and buffed/healed me while i killed the npcs there..
dammuzis
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby xKALECx » Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:08 am

If you ever camped out after buffs to wait for raid in chatroom- you must be oldschool

OMG, how did I forget about that!

If you ever seen halfling milkman in Oasis- you must be oldschool

I sure do miss ole' Tigole.....

I started my first druid "Spiritwalkor" in 99'. After hitting 52 in Kunark, I gave the account to a friend, and rerolled CORRECTLY, making "Kalec" who I played to 60. Saw and took part in a lot of Nameless firsts, and grew in the Nameless community with a lot of lost and gone players. Was also an original founding member of "Unity of Faith" and "Dawn of Eternity-Euphoria" in it's inception and retireing nearly 2 years ago.

I've come and gone a few times since playing a few up to 65, including sharing a beast "Bloodclot" with a friend of mine, till he quit. Since, I've been playing my bard "Riffs" intermittantly.

I still have fun in EQ every now and then, but the luster that was once there is far gone. Can't wait to get wrapped up in another MMORPG in the same way (minus the marriage strain).
Kalec Brotherwolfe - Retired Hierophant of EQ
xKALECx
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

and

Postby Malluas » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:17 am

If you used to see Ballad run around at lvl 30 in SK... your oldschool
Malluas
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby baddwin » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:29 am

I must be old school, started in dec 1999, in a time where rogue wasn't wanted in group. Healer was saying we was mana sponge!

Baddwin.

Ancien 65 rogue (retired)
baddwin
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Andraxus Lupinedeth » Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:37 pm

LOL I remember when Ballad got the surname "The Scaled Claw" after the GM event. Godamn that was a long time ago.
Andraxus Lupinedeth
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

damn right it was

Postby Malluas » Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:29 pm

he was the only true RPer i remember. I mean wasn't he decked out in steel armor or something. Sorry if i don't remember exact names of stuff anymore, been away too long hehe

I also remember being 5 lvls lower than the rest of my group in the Yak camp and losing on 3 yaks and i was all pissed. Casters won them hehe.

I remember freakin out when a werewolf attacked me when i was like lvl 13 back in the day of campin bandits with Memi and B :)
Malluas
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby brinstar » Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:37 pm

running around in QH with piggy and todd and stev

OMG RUN IT'S A BEAR
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

lol

Postby Malluas » Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:59 pm

Alex, i remember one time when i was at class Jesse was playing Malluas, and got him killed and Piggy todd and him were tryin to get my stuff back before i got back from class hehe.

And Mark (right the older vinton?) came into my room and was like they killed you! hehe
Malluas
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Lannx » Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:02 am

December 2000

Most of ya's prolly never even heard of me or care, but i probably should've left that to you guys to say.
Lannx
NT Bixie
NT Bixie

hehe

Postby Malluas » Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:56 pm

nope back then i didn't kno ya but i am not sure how many people knew me either. I rarely grouped after 60 for AA points when i did it was with guildies or friends from Euph LoS etc.

Or sittin around DL watching people exp against Kanor's wall.
Malluas
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Vipsindsyg » Fri Jul 23, 2004 2:53 am

I know who you are Malluas.

:D.
Vipsindsyg
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Re: hehe

Postby Lyion » Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:58 am

Malluas wrote:nope back then i didn't kno ya but i am not sure how many people knew me either. I rarely grouped after 60 for AA points when i did it was with guildies or friends from Euph LoS etc.

I remember you, Malluas.

Lannx wrote:December 2000

Most of ya's prolly never even heard of me or care, but i probably should've left that to you guys to say.

I even recall grouping with you, too.

Neither of you cybered, though, like that dirty wench Vip, so obviously it wasn't as memorable.

Baddwin, back in 1999 rogues were a mana sponge. It was nice when SOE actually finished the class in 2001.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Alig Proudblade » Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:39 am

I remember a lot of the people in this thread :)

Takes me back......mind you I still have nightmares when people mention the name Entrancii.

Alig Proudblade
60th Season Half Elf Paladin
Leader Of Weary Travellers - Both long since deleted.
Last edited by Alig Proudblade on Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alig Proudblade
NT Bixie
NT Bixie

Postby Harrison » Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:51 am

Worst enchanter ever.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Re: hehe

Postby Atalya » Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:26 am

Malluas wrote:nope back then i didn't kno ya but i am not sure how many people knew me either. I rarely grouped after 60 for AA points when i did it was with guildies or friends from Euph LoS etc.

I still have screenshots of you fighting chuchu (spelling?) in LOIO when you guys were there for someone's monk epic wth PoF and i was like a level 20 noob watching.. You even posed for me with your epic which i thought was the coolest thing ever and then i actually believed Henric when he said that it proced c heal.

Good times
Atalya
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Vipsindsyg » Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:04 pm

I miss Mppa and Etpo ! Especially when Mppa was in the same zone as Tarkien, hilarious.
Vipsindsyg
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

PreviousNext

Return to Namelesstavern's Finest