What was the deciding factor?

Let's throw things at them!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Postby Phantomfist » Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:06 am

Vonkaar wrote:Close-minded = "abortion is wrong, always always always always always."

Seeing as how I am only opposed to abortion once the baby can survive outside the womb, I take it to mean you think I have an open mind on this topic.

However...

Close-minded = "abortion is right, always always always always always" fits you like a glove. And not OJ style.

Anyways, I'm sorry I ruined you flame and I thank you for including me in it!
Azlana wrote:I suck horribly at math and didn't pass Algebra three years in a row, BUT I was in advanced English since fifth grade.
Phantomfist
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby vonkaar » Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:18 am

Dosi wrote:You don't know what I believe in, nowhere in any of my posts did I mention my political leanings, I mentioned people being ignorant for why they vote.

Good lord(me), it's Vonkaar II.
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Martrae » Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:32 am

Feeling better today, Vonk?
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby vonkaar » Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:33 am

:-x
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Lyion » Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:35 am

Rock the Vote, Vonkaar.

:lol:
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby araby » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:24 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/10/06/south.carolina.ap/

Leah I don't think I saw your question yesterday about Demint. Go to this link and spend about twenty seconds reading this...and you'll understand my disgust. This man was elected as our Senator. There is no way women didn't vote for him, or he wouldn't have won. It makes me sick.
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby liquidstayce » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:43 pm

Vonk for Pres :vonk:
He is already God so he will be a shoe in~
~stacy
liquidstayce
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Tossica » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:46 pm

Araby wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/10/06/south.carolina.ap/

Leah I don't think I saw your question yesterday about Demint. Go to this link and spend about twenty seconds reading this...and you'll understand my disgust. This man was elected as our Senator. There is no way women didn't vote for him, or he wouldn't have won. It makes me sick.

Why do smart people live in stupid fucking places like S Carolina? Look at the electoral map. All the smart people live in the blue areas. The red areas are reserved for the fucking retards and inbred jesus freaks. If you are not a retard or an inbred jesus freak (ie Bush supporter) GET THE FUCK OUT! Come to where the sane people live in the blue areas. At least we outnumber the C.H.U.D. here.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby araby » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:47 pm

I know.
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby leah » Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:19 pm

omg araby that's nauseating :( i'm sorry
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Diekan » Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:55 pm

Hey guys don't forget to vote tomorrow! Kerry '04!
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Dancing.Bear » Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:15 pm

Dancing.Bear wrote:True, Bush still has a say over the military though. He now could take a very aggressive stance in Iraq, which could be good or bad.

Bush wouldn't tell the military to hold off on a large combat operation before an election because he might lose votes. They've only been holding off invading Fallujah since April even though it's been a rallying point for rebels striking at our troops. They're now getting ready to take it back.
We've had a leash on for five months and we're seeing our buddies die everyday," said Cpl. Trevor Hill, 23, of Boise, Idaho.

"The city has clearly been a safe haven for terrorists," Buhl said, adding the absence of U.S. forces "has given them the opportunity to plan, organize and execute terrorism. The independence of that city has been a lure for foreign fighters."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s ... ting_ready

Yeah, I posted an article. :(
Dancing.Bear
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Durck » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:15 pm

vonkaar wrote:Determining the 'deciding factor' is probably the easiest that it's been in many years...

The youth didn't turn out. One in TEN people 25 and under voted.

I'm fucking disgusted with my country right now.

Your disgusted with your country because it exercised its 1 true freedom and chose with the largest single popular vote in electoral history a president?

Why?

Because 3.6+ million people didn't agree with you? If Kerry would have won, would you have been proud?

Vonk, I would have been upset that Kerry would have won, but I would never have been disgusted with my country. I didn't spend 10 years in the military fighting for its freedom, to spit at the election process when it didn't go my way. But then again, it is your freedom to be disgusted I guess. It's just a little surprising to me coming from someone that is as intelligent as I feel you are.

-Duck
Durck
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Harrison » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:25 pm

Tossica wrote:

Why do smart people live in stupid fucking places like S Carolina? Look at the electoral map. All the smart people live in the blue areas. The red areas are reserved for the fucking retards and inbred jesus freaks. If you are not a retard or an inbred jesus freak (ie Bush supporter) GET THE FUCK OUT! Come to where the sane people live in the blue areas. At least we outnumber the C.H.U.D. here.

This is why you're washed up, you just talk shit. You babble on like a rabid hippy.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Durck » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:31 pm

Tossica wrote:

Ahh yes, the attack of the mad liberal extremist against that which does not agree with him. I don't know what's more disgusting, your insane, irrational ability to hate, or the fact that you do it with such stupidity.

Want to know why OUR country didn't vote for Kerry? Because people like you, the left-wing extreme, the F9/11-MoveOn.Org Maniacs have taken control of the democratic party.

You remember liberalism yes?

Franklin D. Roosevelt, John F. Kennedy, Harry S. Truman, these were democrats and centrist liberals. They didn't sit on the fringe, spewing hate and diatribes of drivel. Instead, they tended toward the center, strongly defended capitolism, and defended the countries interests, both militarily and rhetorically. And they promoted values of family, honesty and integrity.

Why did Kerry lose?

Because he spent too much time listening to John Bon Jovi and Eminem, and not enough to the Security Moms. Because he never once took the advice the Clinton (Another Centrist Democrat) and fighting for the "morale agenda". Because he never MOVED into the Center. Because a lot of what the Swift Vets had to say struck home. Because he once betrayed his "Band of Brothers" Because, in all ways, he swung towards the extreme left, the OPPOSITE way this nation is heading.

Despite your rampant hatred for it, people in this country DO go to church on Sundays. They DO work in corporate america from 8-5, they DO raise families in small suburban homes, and they do hold those things ( marriage, family and happiness) dearer to them than all others.

The Republican party clean-swept the democrats Tuesday. In huge ways. They won the Electoral vote. They got the single largest popular vote for a president in election history with 59.1+ million votes. They were 3.6+ million votes over their challenger. They won 4 seats in the Senate and defeated the Minority Leader (Daschle). They won 2 seats in the House. And the "Banning Gay Marriage" agenda was won, in huge numbers all across the states where it was on the ballot. By margins, that HAD to include the liberal center. Because the numbers were too high to support any other outcome. And there was no rampant fraud, as many, many feared. If anything, the biggest fraud was conducted by the MoveOn.Org crowd with its incessant parking & barking near polling houses.

Despite your hatred for all the America Toss, the fact is, the rest of the Nation does not sit anywhere near your garden of weeds, and your opinion and viewpoint is dieing of decay. Because it promotes nothing good.

Learn or be spiteful for the rest of your life,

-Duck
Durck
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Arlos » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:32 pm

Durck, he was disgusted that only 10% of the 18-25 age group actually went and voted.

Me, I'm disgusted that people voted for Bush, because he's a liar and so far right wing he makes Barry Goldwater look like a liberal. It just proves to me that most of the populace is ill-informed and votes based on fear, rather than actually looking at the issues.

The clincher is the breakdown of the education levels of the people that voted for each candidate. The lower the education level, the higher percentage of bush votes. The more education, the lower percentage. When you get to Masters/PhD levels, it's like a 80/20 split.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Lyion » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:38 pm

That's complete bullshit, and you know it, Arlos. The majority of the democratic base are inner city people who are not highly educated. The base of the Republicans are suburban people who are.

Its funny that all these billionaires, lawyers and entertainers without a shred of a fucking clue in regards to the middle class are Kerrys base. That and the young people who have less actual knowledge of real issues and vote primarily based on propaganda.

There's a reason why the Democrats pinned their hopes on ignorant young people who don't really understand the issues.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Harrison » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:38 pm

Some of the most intelligent people I know still think Bush is trying to push the draft.

When in fact it's mainly democrats. I went on a spree of debunking that bullshit today and I feel proud of myself for smacking that MA induced ignorance down.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Durck » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:39 pm

I have a masters in computer science. I voted for Bush. Does that make my degree worthless?

My father and mother are both college educated. They voted for Bush. Does that make them dumbasses?

The fact is, that this country is changing, and slowly moving towards a centrist right agenda. Family and religion are important despite what many think. And I dare say, that your opinions of the south are very backwards, and extremely elitist if you think we are all uneducated dropouts and too dumb to think on our own who we like for President.

-Duck
Durck
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Harrison » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:43 pm

Its funny that all these billionaires, lawyers and entertainers without a shred of a fucking clue in regards to the middle class are Kerrys base.

Eminem is a fucking retard, I lost a lot of respect for him because of his current ignorance.

Eminem wrote:No more blood for oil, we got our own battles to fight on our soil
No more psychological warfare to trick us to think that we ain't loyal
If we don't serve our own country we're patronizing a hero
Look in his eyes, it's all lies, the stars and stripes
They've been swiped, washed out and wiped,
And Replaced with his own face, mosh now or die
If I get sniped tonight you'll know why, because I told you to fight

What a dumbass.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tossica » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:43 pm

Durck.

If you vote for Bush you are either a self serving dickhead or an ignorant twat. Which one are you?
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Lyion » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:44 pm

The majority of High school dropouts, ex cons, and unemployed people vote Democrat.

The more you get to people who work, are articulate and intelligent, and understand issues, and aren't complete fucking wastes of life, the closer you get to Republicans.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Harrison » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:45 pm

Tossica wrote:BLAH BLAH BLAH *wipes the foam from mouth* IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ME YOU ARE A DUMBYHEAD
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Arlos » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:47 pm

Except this is NOT a theocracy. What someone's religion is SHOULD BE IRRELEVANT. Anyone who bases their choices on political leaders based on whether or not they go to the same church they do on sunday is a fucking retard. Bush has made NO secret of his evangelical leanings, or of his desire to intertwine fanatical right wing evangelical christian doctrine to domestic policy. This is DIRECTLY in opposition to the original wishes of the founders. Go read Jefferson's notes sometimes. He said in them that the portion of the bill of rights that created the "wall between church and state" was the single thing he was MOST proud of.

If you integrate such radical christian teachings into domestic policy, you are trampling on the rights of anyone of other religions who may believe differently and hold different moral positions as you. What would you say if we had a orthodox jewish president, who wanted a national ban on Pork? Same concept, different degree. I don't go into your home and cram my faith down your throat, nor do I demand that politicians that I elect enact policy based on my articles of belief and faith. Yet you're saying it's just fine for CHRISTIANS to demand this. That's fucking bullshit.

As for the south, I suggest you compare the number of idiot bigoted rednecks you have in, say, Mississippi to how many you find near San Francisco or Boston. And the country is not moving towards "centrist right" because that's nowhere NEAR where Bush & Cheney & Co are. They're so far right that goddamn William F Buckley thinks they've gone too far. And oh yeah, he's SUCH a liberal.

-Arlos
Last edited by Arlos on Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Durck » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:47 pm

BTW, people need to go look at the Republican 72 Hour Project, and things like to really understand what happened on Tuesday. They need to look at how Bush garnered highed percentages in STRONG Blue States than in 2000. They need to see that Kerry had lower democratic percentage support than Gore in 2000. They need to see that Bush had a 2% gain in the African American and a 7% gain in the Mexican American vote.

Bush made gains throughout his entire base. And large gains into normally widely held democratic strongholds. And he took 2-3 normally blue states.

This was not a close election, despite the MSM's attempt to make it so.

-Duck
Durck
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

PreviousNext

Return to Namelesstavern's Finest