What was the deciding factor?

Let's throw things at them!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Postby Tacks » Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:31 pm

Finawin Darkfyre wrote:
vonkaar wrote:
Finawin Darkfyre wrote:Lyion has said everything I need to, Im not much of a debater.

You have now officially made my CA shit-list. Get the fuck out of this thread... hell, the whole CA forum could do well in losing you. Holy fucking hell, think for yourself or SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Waaah, damn you get pretty worked up over this.

Because someone comes and supports what I said, I have no place here.

Oh I see now, because I have a different opinion on this all you just plain dont like me now...I get it. Pathetic.

NO you fucking inbred 'i live with daddy and have no job' food-stamp using ramen noodle eating fat-fuck lazy piece of shit. It has NOTHING AT ALL to do with people disagreeing with your opinion. It has to do with you not being able to say ONE FUCKING THING for yourself. You haven't made one single iota of a personal debate since you've posted in here. You cannot think for yourself because you have no clue what you're even talking about. So instead, you just agree with whatever Lyion and Martrae have to say since you were obviously voting Republican before any of the campaigning even started. THAT is why.

*insert the same fucking comeback you use every time you post, here*
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Arlos » Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:32 pm

You know what most scares me about the upcoming Bush presidency, something that has NOT been covered?

He may get to appoint up to 4 new Supreme Court justices, and he has a majority in the Senate, so to stop appointments will take serious fillibustering. Think about it. He's probably the most right wing social conservative ever in the white house, and is a radical evangelical "Christian". We also know he's very anti-abortion. If he gets to appoint a majority on the Supreme court, we are looking at some serious reverses on a lot of social issues that earlier, not as conservative, courts passed through. Abortion being just one of these issues. Given that these people are appointed for LIFE, we could be looking at 30+ years of a far right wing arch-conservative religious leaning court, and that scares the fuck out of me.

Republican Congressional leadership has already come out and said they plan on having a VERY aggressive agenda on new judgeships, as well as some other programs. This includes things like throwing the Alaskan national wildlife refuge wide open to rape by the oil company cronies of the Republican party. Further weakening of environmental laws. More tax cuts for the rich, despite the exploding deficit. etc. etc. etc.

Anyway, I think that more people voted for Bush because Karl Rove and his henchman have been very skilled at instilling blind fear in much of the populace, and people who are afraid tend to vote the status quo. Just look at the voting splits based on education. It's a absolute correlation, pretty much, the higher the education level, the higher % voted Kerry, and visa versa. The more you know of how the world really works, the less likely you are to be infected with the blind fear propaganda, and it showed.

I am mostly done with the flogging of deceased equines. I just reserve the right to come back in 3 years and say "I TOLD YOU SO", when things are TRULY in the shitter.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby vonkaar » Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:34 pm

Agrajag wrote:
vonkaar wrote:1. Military benefits. We can cover this elsewhere.

Why cover this elsewhere? Would it hurt your arguement if you tried to say anything against it?

Meaning, start another thread because it's too broad a topic to cover as a supporting bit.
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Agrajag » Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:38 pm

Arlos wrote:I just reserve the right to come back in 3 years and say "I TOLD YOU SO", when things are TRULY in the shitter.

And when they are not, I reserve the right to kick Arlos square in the junk! Or could I just do it right now?
Agrajag
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Tacks » Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:40 pm

He said he wouldn't appoint judges that support his mission from God Arlos. Let's see if the man is a liar or not.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Lyion » Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:41 pm

vonkaar wrote:95% of your rebuttal was 'but Kerry blahblah'. This doesn't work. I'm asking why you vote for BUSH. My response focuses on BUSH. Stop using 'voting against Kerry' as justification on why you worship the Bush cack.

Er, ok.

Last I checked the election was between two opponents, and not a straight referendum on GW.

Anyways, I have things to do, and I'm over discussing my political beliefs. You asked for reasons. I gave you plenty.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Minrott » Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:42 pm

I think you're wrong Arlos. I think it was covered, and I think the people had that in mind when they voted Bush. I think the population is sick and tired of radical court decisions, and most of this centuries leftice bullshit. I think that a very good percentage of voters wanted Bush appointing justices.

If you don't believe me, look at the overwhelming votes against gay marriage.
Molon Labe
Minrott
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Agrajag » Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:44 pm

vonkaar wrote:Bush cack

Saw this and couldn't stop laughing for several minutes. Almost spit vanilla Coke out of my nose...
Agrajag
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Lyion » Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:45 pm

Arlos wrote:Anyway, I think that more people voted for Bush because Karl Rove and his henchman have been very skilled at instilling blind fear in much of the populace, and people who are afraid tend to vote the status quo.

Yeah, blind fear! Like lying about a draft, lying to senior citizens about Social Security being axed, slashing tires, raiding and stealing from campaign headquarters, and having Billionaire's paying for people to go and incite people to vote through misstatements!

Gotta hate that fear stuff.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Arlos » Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:46 pm

Minrott, most of the states that had gay marriage initiatives are already arch arch conservative states. I mean, goddamn, suuuuuure you'll find big support for gay marriage in rural Georgia. Riiiiiight.

Remember, most of those same areas, when polled in the late 50s/early 60s were JUST as rabidly against mixed race marriages. Oh yeah, we've seen the utter horror that results from THAT, huh? Ignorant hicks.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tacks » Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:48 pm

Bush supporters stole Kerry signs in my town Lyion, therefore all Bush supporters are bad.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Malluas » Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:53 pm

Arlos, gay marriage was defeated in CA a few years ago when it was clintons presidency so congrats on not knowing what the american people believe. 70-30 think gay marriage shouldn't be.

And arlos, democrats already (breaking from tradition of what.. 250+ years) already philabustered 3 of bush's nominees for no REAL reason whats so ever.

And they will philabuster again... But this time i won't work. Because if they do they will lose more senate seats and house seats, and probably another presidency.

And not to be mean but you must have some brain disease to say bush is the most conservative president ever... sorry to say but reagan, Bush 1, Lincoln, Even FDR were more conservative than bush has been.

Name me something other than tax cuts that the democrats uniformly voted against OR didn't have some hand in writing (education bill/health care bill)
Malluas
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Harrison » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:00 pm

Taxx wrote:
Finawin Darkfyre wrote:
vonkaar wrote:
Finawin Darkfyre wrote:Lyion has said everything I need to, Im not much of a debater.

You have now officially made my CA shit-list. Get the fuck out of this thread... hell, the whole CA forum could do well in losing you. Holy fucking hell, think for yourself or SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Waaah, damn you get pretty worked up over this.

Because someone comes and supports what I said, I have no place here.

Oh I see now, because I have a different opinion on this all you just plain dont like me now...I get it. Pathetic.

NO you fucking inbred 'i live with daddy and have no job' food-stamp using ramen noodle eating fat-fuck lazy piece of shit. It has NOTHING AT ALL to do with people disagreeing with your opinion. It has to do with you not being able to say ONE FUCKING THING for yourself. You haven't made one single iota of a personal debate since you've posted in here. You cannot think for yourself because you have no clue what you're even talking about. So instead, you just agree with whatever Lyion and Martrae have to say since you were obviously voting Republican before any of the campaigning even started. THAT is why.

*insert the same fucking comeback you use every time you post, here*

There you go with the caps again patting yourself on the back claiming yourself to be right.

I have posted my views and every reason why I voted the way I had countless times.
You claim I cant say anything for myself, every single time I have. And then someone comes and says the same thing better. And I point out that they just said what I had, but better...and I cant think for myself?

It's ridiculously obvious you just dont like me or my views and you're grasping straws to try and "own" me. Failing miserably by blatantly lying.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby vonkaar » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:10 pm

I'm going to add a new button to the smiley list. It's going to be labeled 'finawin'. When you hit it, it will type out, "Yeah, what he said."

This should make things a lot easier for you Fin.
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Harrison » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:12 pm

Vonk, You're pathetic. I never pictured myself saying this. But you have literally ignored everything I've said and blatantly just sat there lying.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tossica » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:16 pm

Finawin Darkfyre wrote:Waaaah! Waaaaah! *sniffle* Waaaaah! Waaaaah!
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Agrajag » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:19 pm

Tossica wrote:I love oiled up men in tight, leather buttless chaps
Agrajag
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Langston » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:22 pm

I actually scrolled up expecting that to NOT be a fake quote....
Mindia wrote:I was wrong obviously.
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby vonkaar » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:24 pm

I'm also going to make a button that creates a poll where people voice their opinions on Fin vs Vonk and see who comes out ahead. I have tougher arguments with my bowel movements after a long day at Starbucks. I think you've made one good point in your history in CA. It read something like, "you are right." I don't remember which thread it was in, or if it even was a good point... I'm simply giving you the benefit of the doubt.

I argue to keep Taxx on the boards because we need strong personalities like his. I'll constantly argue to keep you around because we are at a SERIOUS defecit with Mindia and company found AWOL. We need Taxx's strong trolling, Phantomfists' blind conservative cock-worship, Ralf's juvenile retorts and Arlos' long-winded liberal views just as much as we need you to counter-balance the otherwise Mensa-esque IQ levels around CA.

Seriously, you are bashed enough in CA to justify a complex Janov primal-scream session, or two. It's more than a little surprising that you've lasted so long this... unscathed. Rest assured, however, in the simple fact that you'll always have that private little niche in my message-board hall-of-fame... my heart... my soul. We need you.
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Harrison » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:34 pm

I'm also going to make a button that creates a poll where people voice their opinions on Fin vs Vonk and see who comes out ahead.

And what would that prove?

Just admit you dont like me and that's enough. (that goes to Taxx too)

Tossica doesnt warrant a reply more than this, he's washed up and everyone knows it.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tossica » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:42 pm

What the fuck? You've said I was washed up a few times. What does that mean?
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tuggan » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:54 pm

your NT glory is OVER tossica.
Tuggan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Dancing.Bear » Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:18 pm

The thing that scares me the most about Bush being reelected is that he doesn't have to worry about what the voters think anymore. The thought of, "What will the American people think if I do this?" will never have to enter his mind. Anything is possible, especially with the increasing republican majority in the senate and house.

I'm in that 18-25 range, and I'm also very dissapointed. Almost everyone that I talk to says, "my vote wouldn't matter anyways, so I'm not voting." Too bad they don't realize the only way to fix this is by giving up that attitude and voting. It literally took less than 10 minutes out of my day yesterday to vote. This is probably the easiest thing one could do to be involved in how our country is run, and somehow it is too much to ask.

Araby: Nader spoke for a few minutes on CNN last night, and he was the one talking about bush being a big corporation disguised as a person.
Last edited by Dancing.Bear on Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dancing.Bear
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Lyion » Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:21 pm

Dancing.Bear wrote:The thing that scares me the most about Bush being relected is that he doesn't have to worry about what the voters think anymore. The thought of, "What will the American people think if I do this?" will never have to enter his mind. Anything is possible, especially with the increasing republican majority in the senate and house.

Barack Obama said something very wise last night. Politics is a team sport.

You won't see anything extremely drastic, as many in Bush's administration want to stay in Washington and the Republicans will have another election in two more years again.

Republicans do not have the 60 votes in the senate to bypass the need for bipartisan operations.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Agrajag » Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:28 pm

Ugzugz wrote:I actually scrolled up expecting that to NOT be a fake quote....

Made you look...
Agrajag
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Namelesstavern's Finest