What was the deciding factor?

Let's throw things at them!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Postby Phantomfist » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:52 am

Lyion is right, he's just doing a poor job defending himself.

The hypocrisy charge no doubt comes from this statement:

Vonkaar wrote:I'm fucking disgusted with my country right now.

It's hypocritical to complain about being "disgusted" with voter turnout and blame the entire country for it when it was YOUR 'group' of people - in this case, the 'group' consisted of members of his generation - that slacked off.
Last edited by Phantomfist on Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Azlana wrote:I suck horribly at math and didn't pass Algebra three years in a row, BUT I was in advanced English since fifth grade.
Phantomfist
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby araby » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:53 am

Martrae wrote:You outgrow that feeling, Araby, about the time you switch from Liberal to Conservative. ;)

hehe, in other words, "sell out" or give in to what everybody else is doing, because you just can't win? Nah...I voted republican in 2000 and it's slapping me in my face right now.
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tacks » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:54 am

Martrae wrote:You outgrow that feeling, Araby, about the time you switch from Liberal to Conservative. ;)

I thought you weren't 100% conservative? OH BIG SURPRISE
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby vonkaar » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:56 am

If I didn't vote, then yes - that would be hypocritical. But, I voted. My disgust was for those that didn't vote. Hypocrisy would be evident if I was complaining about those that DID vote... since I voted.

And anyway, as I already said, I'm disgusted with my country for various reasons - outside of this election.
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Lyion » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:56 am

I have called Vonkaar and conceded defeat on the hypocrisy issue.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tacks » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:59 am

Phantomfist wrote:Lyion is right, he's just doing a poor job defending himself.

The hypocrisy charge no doubt comes from this statement:

Vonkaar wrote:I'm fucking disgusted with my country right now.

It's hypocritical to complain about being "disgusted" with voter turnout and blame the entire country for it when it was YOUR 'group' of people - in this case, the 'group' consisted of members of his generation - that slacked off.

Except that if you had half a brain you'd know he was referring to his age group.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Martrae » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:59 am

Jeesus....it was a joke....lighten up people.
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby araby » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:02 am

No...do not fuck the popular vote!! why wouldn't you use it? Isn't that what voting is?
Let's see who wins, by taking the majority of what people want. Right? NO...let's fix it so that this fucked up system that makes votes NULL AND VOID and create a different kind of voting system.
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby mappatazee » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:05 am

4 pages is too much to look through, but have <a href="http://us.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/pages/results/states/US/P/00/epolls.0.html" target=blank>the stats</a> been posted?

Church attendance:
More Than Weekly (16%) Bush:63% Kerry:35%
Weekly (26%) Bush:58% Kerry:41%
Monthly (14%) Bush:50% Kerry:50%
A Few Times a Year (28%) Bush:44% Kerry:55%
Never (15%) Bush:34% Kerry:64%

Most important quality:
Religious Faith (8%) Bush:91% Kerry:8%

Idiots, idiots, idiots, all around.
mappatazee
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tacks » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:05 am

Believe it or not but the system we have right now is the fairest system we can have really. The reason it's set up the way it is is because it forces (somewhat) the candidates to campaign in ALL the states. If we didn't have the electoral college then the candidates would only visit states with big populations. Would you rather campaign in New York City where you can win 5 million votes or in Bumfuck Wyoming where you might get 150,000?
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Agrajag » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:06 am

Bush won. It's over. All you liberals can crawl back into your holes for another 4 years, now.
Agrajag
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby araby » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:07 am

I didnt' see Kerry or Bush in my state at all. I had to deal with Demint and Tenenbaum's ridiculous bullshit. In order to get anything on Bush and Kerry...I had to turn to the media ie. debates, speeches.
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby vonkaar » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:07 am

mappatazee wrote:4 pages is too much to look through, but have <a href="http://us.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/pages/results/states/US/P/00/epolls.0.html" target=blank>the stats</a> been posted?

Church attendance:
More Than Weekly (16%) Bush:63% Kerry:35%
Weekly (26%) Bush:58% Kerry:41%
Monthly (14%) Bush:50% Kerry:50%
A Few Times a Year (28%) Bush:44% Kerry:55%
Never (15%) Bush:34% Kerry:64%

Most important quality:
Religious Faith (8%) Bush:91% Kerry:8%

Idiots, idiots, idiots, all around.

You know what was REALLY fun Map? Asking a Bush supporter to explain why he's voting for Bush, without using religion. The answers were fucking scary.

But... it's all null and void now, no?
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Tacks » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:10 am

If you don't think they visited South Carolina Araby then you're crazy. Bush visited my state more than any other state in the country even though he really had no chance...he would have been better off staying in Ohio.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby araby » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:15 am

Taxx wrote:If you don't think they visited South Carolina Araby then you're crazy. Bush visited my state more than any other state in the country even though he really had no chance...he would have been better off staying in Ohio.

I googled "Bush visits SC" and I got one return, where he visited back in January. When I googled "kerry visits sc" I got this:

http://www.thestate.com/mld/thestate/news/special_packages/election2004/9413657.htm

Maybe I'm crazy, but there wasn't very much campaigning going on here in Charleston other than our Senate race.
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby bugthurn1 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:43 am

I have a feeling Jeb Bush will pop up in '08 as either a presidental cantidate or v.p. McCain/Bush would be a dangerous ticket.
Obrama is a major up and coming power in the dem party. I don't know if he'll be on a ballet in '08 but if a rep wins then bet on him being on a ballot in '12.
Who ever wins in '08 better be ready to try and dig the country from under the huge 8 year old pile of shit that will be sitting on it.
bugthurn1
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby vonkaar » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:47 am

I like McCain just fine, but I think that it'd be a dangerous bid because he's so much more liberal than most Republicans are comfortable with. But... between semi-liberal / mostly-conservative McCain and 'holy-shit, could she be more liberal' Clinton... I wouldn't worry about party-swappers.

I really like McCain. Actually, even as liberal as I am, two of my three favorite politicians are Republican (McCain / Juliani). I just don't know if I'd vote for McCain / Bush. Here is where I'd normally insert my Bush-family bit, but it's a little played out at this point.
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Harrison » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:50 am

Asking a Bush supporter to explain why he's voting for Bush, without using religion.

After hearing Kerry's "plans" for Iraq.

My vote was solidified right there. No fucking way we could be out of there in 6 months, period.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Lyion » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:51 am

The big name Republicans are all a lot more moderate than GW.

Giuliani is.

Arnie is.

Powell definitely is.

The big fear for the Demo's has to be Arnie gaining the ability to run. A Republican who can carry California in a Presidential Election, is Pro Choice/Stem Cell research, and has cross demographic appeal would be extremely tough to beat.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Harrison » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:52 am

If Clinton could run again, he'd get my vote btw.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tae-Bo » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:52 am

Lyion wrote:
The big fear for the Demo's has to be Arnie gaining the ability to run. A Republican who can carry California in a Presidential Election, is Pro Choice/Stem Cell research, and has cross demographic appeal would be extremely tough to beat.

he should just take over the whitehouse commando style
Tae-Bo
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby leah » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:53 am

hey araby isn't demint like super super SUPER conservative? i thought that's what i heard them say last nite on one of the news stations. if so, sorry for ya.

also: i'm sick of the bush family.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Martrae » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:59 am

They could use the slogan "Just say no to Bush" but they'd lose the lesbian vote. :boots:
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby leah » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:01 pm

this is a sad day for homos, that's for sure. bush has four more years to ostracize them even worse than he already has.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby vonkaar » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:10 pm

Finawin Darkfyre wrote:
Asking a Bush supporter to explain why he's voting for Bush, without using religion.

After hearing Kerry's "plans" for Iraq.

My vote was solidified right there. No fucking way we could be out of there in 6 months, period.

Reread my question, sizzle-chest. "Why vote 'for' Bush?" Your reason for 'not' voting for Kerry is not an answer. What is it about Bush that you like?
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

PreviousNext

Return to Namelesstavern's Finest