What was the deciding factor?

Let's throw things at them!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Postby Lyion » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:13 pm

I can answer that question, but it would provoke a war of issues and real discussions.

My vote is primarily based on the issues I read about, and my weighing of the issues that effect me.

I'm sure there are plenty of reasons for voting for and against someone. Don't be a hypo, er, nm...
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby vonkaar » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:15 pm

I was asking someone to describe why they support Bush, without using any argument involving religion. I've asked a lot of people and their answers are usually pretty comical.
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Harrison » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:16 pm

I voted for Bush because I know if we're going to be attacked again he wont take any shit. From anyone.

That was my primary deciding factor. And he isnt going to prematurely pull out of Iraq seriously endangering the lives of our military.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Agrajag » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:17 pm

leah wrote:this is a sad day for homos, that's for sure. bush has four more years to ostracize them even worse than he already has.

Maybe a little island out there in the ocean for Johnn of War and his friends.
Agrajag
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby leah » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:19 pm

hurrrrr good one agrajag hurrrrrr

i don't understand how people can be so intolerent :dunno:
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby vonkaar » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:19 pm

Finawin Darkfyre wrote:I voted for Bush because I know if we're going to be attacked again he wont take any shit. From anyone.

That was my primary deciding factor. And he isnt going to prematurely pull out of Iraq seriously endangering the lives of our military.

You voted for a president because you don't think he'll take shit from anyone?

Really?

Can someone else jump in and argue this bit? I have a bad feeling about the future of this thread with Finawin at the helm...
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby araby » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:20 pm

Finawin belongs in the south. I hear they are pretty dumb down there. I, am from somewhere else and I will vote there from now on.
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Martrae » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:21 pm

Why did you vote for Kerry other than he had 'a plan' and wasn't Bush?
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tacks » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:22 pm

Do you think ANY president would take shit if we got attacked? Please tell me that wasn't your reason on voting the way you did...christ you prove each day how stupid you really are.
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby vonkaar » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:23 pm

Heh... reminds me of something I heard on the radio this morning... they were talking about the literacy rates among states and the way each state voted... the top 9 states in adult-literacy voted for Kerry. Bush had all of the bottom 30 (Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas, Kentucky... YEEE HAW!!!!)... the middle was split up. Sort of interesting...
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Harrison » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:23 pm

Meaning if were say struck at by, I dont know....Syrian terrorists.

We all know damn well Syria is a haven for terrorists and has been for God knows how long. The world knows this too.

We wont sit around waiting for a corrupt organization's approval to go fuck their shit up. Hello UN, Oil for Food.

I could explain it more calmly, but I dont give two shits what people think about my opinion. Because it is a VERY valid opinion.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby araby » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:24 pm

Finawin Darkfyre wrote:Meaning if were say struck at by, I dont know....Syrian terrorists.

We all know damn well Syria is a haven for terrorists and has been for God knows how long. The world knows this too.

We wont sit around waiting for a corrupt organization's approval to go fuck their shit up. Hello UN, Oil for Food.

I could explain it more calmly, but I dont give two shits what people think about my opinion. Because it is a VERY valid opinion.

would you still vote for him again, if say...Syrian terrorists attcked us, and...say....your president decided to invade HOLLAND??
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby vonkaar » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:24 pm

Martrae wrote:Why did you vote for Kerry other than he had 'a plan' and wasn't Bush?

I didn't vote for Kerry. Would you like me to tell you why I voted for Nader and leave religion out of it? That wouldn't be very hard since Nader stands on a platform that's almost completely agnostic.
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Malluas » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:24 pm

Agrajag wrote:
leah wrote:this is a sad day for homos, that's for sure. bush has four more years to ostracize them even worse than he already has.

Maybe a little island out there in the ocean for Johnn of War and his friends.

good job leah

you just ostrasized them .... dumbie
Malluas
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby araby » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:24 pm

vonkaar wrote:Heh... reminds me of something I heard on the radio this morning... they were talking about the literacy rates among states and the way each state voted... the top 9 states in adult-literacy voted for Kerry. Bush had all of the bottom 30 (Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas, Kentucky... YEEE HAW!!!!)... the middle was split up. Sort of interesting...

It's "are-kansas."
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Harrison » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:25 pm

Taxx wrote:Do you think ANY president would take shit if we got attacked? Please tell me that wasn't your reason on voting the way you did...christ you prove each day how stupid you really are.

Sort of like how you know how voting works?

Oh shit, you have no idea how it does as was proven in another thread where you blew your ignorance horn loud and clear.

Kerry said his "pass a global test" bullshit, that's why I dont believe he'd do the right thing if we were attacked again.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby vonkaar » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:26 pm

Finawin Darkfyre wrote:Meaning if were say struck at by, I dont know....Syrian terrorists.

I'll be honest, I stopped reading after struggling my way through that sentence.

Anyone? Even Martrae... please continue this line of discussion. Finawin is doing so much in supporting my opinion of Bushites.
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby leah » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:27 pm

dumbie?
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Lyion » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:27 pm

vonkaar wrote:I was asking someone to describe why they support Bush, without using any argument involving religion. I've asked a lot of people and their answers are usually pretty comical.

I get the feeling many do not differentiate between the legislative and executive branches of the Government, which is a shame.

Here's a snapshot of my thoughs, which is by no means complete.

I'm pro military and in my opinion Bush has and will be better for them, and will continue to be a good President in regards to spending and treatment of vets. This is polar opposite to Kerry's record in regards to this. As a vet, this is a big deal for me. I respect others opinions on this matter, but this is mine.

I prefer Bush's tax policies, and I feel that Kerry would be more likely to increase expenditures and taxation which would slow the economy. I like the fact we are looking at tax reform under GW. This would not be possible with Kerry, due to his loyalty to the legal professionals. I can understand where people in other demographics or age brackets would have different opinions, but this is mine.

I like the tax cuts I've recieved. I feel Bush has done what he promised, and will continue to do things in a consistent fashion

My family runs several small business' and GW's policies have been wonderful for them.

I prefer Tax Free health care accounts, versus Hillarycare.

I trust GW more in regards to being aggressive against Terrorism and ensuring the country is safer.

I like GW's education plans and proposals and believe he will enact change, and won't have to capitulate to a corrupt teachers unions demands.

I have issues that I do not agree with W on, but overall more of my issues were aligned with W than Kerry. The bottom line is I believe I'll be better off with W in office based on my personal analysis of the issues.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby vonkaar » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:28 pm

Duh...

Gumbie's cross-dressing brother. Don't you know anything?
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Tacks » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:29 pm

Finawin, fatass, hamburgler, I guaranfuckingtee I know more about what is going on that you claim to know. All you've done this whole fucking time is spout off stupid "opinions" you have that amount to "let's blow them up" and then ride off of Martrae, Phantomfist, and Lyion's coattails as if you have one fucking clue you know what you're talking about.

OH FUCK I'M VARRRRRRY VERRRRY VARRRY SKEERED OF SYRIA OMG PLZ HAMMER DON'T HURT EM
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Agrajag » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:30 pm

Aparently leah has no concept of SARCASM! The only thing I am intolerant of is whiners like you, leah.

As why I voted for Bush, there are two reasons. The first, I am military. Republicans primarily support the military and the size of my paycheck. Democrats tend to want to cut the military and give lower pay raises. You could say my vote for Bush was somewhat financial. The second, Bush started this "war" let him finish it. Kerry wouldn't know his ass from a hole in the ground about this "war" if it was handed to him. He would try and pull us out and that would make the U.S. an even bigger target for terrorists. We would be seen as pussies for giving up.
Agrajag
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby leah » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:30 pm

oh of course! how could i forget dumbie. shit duh. :rofl:
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Harrison » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:33 pm

Lyion has said everything I need to, Im not much of a debater.

But he said 2-3 things that were exactly what I was aiming at.

I trust GW more in regards to being aggressive against Terrorism and ensuring the country is safer.

That being the largest one.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby leah » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:35 pm

i'm not whining, agrajag, i just don't think it's fair to strip someone's rights just because of their choice of lifestyle. i agree that homosexual unions shouldn't be done in churches because it IS against the Bible and stuff, but civil unions? why not? it's more about receiving the benefits that heterosexual relationships receive. it just seems like we've come so far regarding our personal rights, like for women and black people and so on... why not homosexuals? maybe it just takes time.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

PreviousNext

Return to Namelesstavern's Finest