Why I'm conservative

Let's throw things at them!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Postby The Kizzy » Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:25 pm

Once again, I was pointing out Catholic doctrine and beliefs that go against what the Bible teaches, and that it wasn't my opinion, but a fact. I opened the Bible, quoted Scripture, and you retards still try to argue facts. I think you better get a comprehension analysis done because you seem to be lacking in strong cognitive skills. Seriously.

Mindia, you are pointing out that the Catholic doctrine and beliefs go against what YOU believe in YOUR bible. YOU are saying that based on YOUR beliefs, everyone else is wrong. Do you not see that?
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Muglack » Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:26 pm

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP DA-BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP!!!

This just in. The entire Catholic religion is based on lies. I had sex with Mary 10 months before Jesus was born. She was NOT a virgin when he was conceived. The entire faith is wrong. Please move along.
Muglack
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Kaeerwen » Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:28 pm

The Christian Bible is so open to interpretation, that if you looked hard enough, you could glean almost anything from it. Nothing is set in stone (with the obvious exception of the Ten Commandments of course), so what you think a part means could differ completely with what someone else gathers from reading the exact same words. It doesn't say:

Fags = BAD
    Nonbelievers = BAD
    Only people who digest this book word for word will be saved.
    And so on, and so forth.

If the Bible were actually written in such a clear manner, do you really think there would be so many different denominations today? There's a reason that not every Christian sees things through your eyes, and it's not because every last one of them is an R-tard, I can assure you.
"Jared's off the diet?!" a California woman said incredulously. "It's suicide for me!"
Kaeerwen
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Muglack » Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:32 pm

What the fuck is a r-tard? I hope it doesn't have anything to do with an b-tard or an w-tard or else we're in trouble!
Muglack
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Kaeerwen » Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:33 pm

it might...
"Jared's off the diet?!" a California woman said incredulously. "It's suicide for me!"
Kaeerwen
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Muglack » Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:34 pm

/exhales

... I see r-tards, all the time!
Muglack
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Ganzo » Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:30 am

Mindia, if we going to the source, lets go all the way

Mindia wrote:
Exodus 20: 2-6 states, "I, the LORD, am your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. You shall not have other gods besides me.(Jesus Christ, Holly Spirit?) You shall not carve idols for yourselves in the shape of anything in the sky above or on the earth below or in the waters beneath the earth (cross?);you shall not bow down before them or worship them. For I, the LORD, your God, am a jealous God, inflicting punishment for their fathers' wickedness on the children of those who hate me, down to the third and fourth generation; but bestowing mercy down to the thousandth generation, on the children of those who love me and keep my commandments."
גם זה יעבור

Narrock wrote:Yup, I ... was just trolling.

Narrock wrote:I wikipedia'd everything first.
Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Langston » Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:16 am

I don't have the time this morning for the proper lead-in and setup for this, so I'm going to rush it all together into one post.

First of all, I am going to admit where I stated something incorrect. The Catholic Church *does* teach that priests have the power to absolve sin. Now, Mindia claims, several times in this thread actually, that this goes against the Bible. I'm not going to wait for him to post to agree with that, he's already said it here and you can refer back to it.

So, Mindia's argument is that this, among other things, proves that the Catholic Church violates the Biblical teachings. Mindia states that there is no precedent in the Bible to support this practice and that this, among other things, proves that the Catholic Church is evil and cultist.

Again, I'm not going to wait for Mindia to reply to agree with this statement - he's already said it and I have to get to work soon. So, without further ado:

Matthew 16:19 wrote:And I will give to thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven. And whatsoever thou shalt bind upon earth, it shall be bound also in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth, it shall be loosed also in heaven

This is Jesus speaking to Peter. Jesus clearly states that he is giving Peter the power and authority to determine who is allowed entrance into the Kingdom of God. Now, many people speak of this as Peter is the Guardian of the Gates of Heaven - meaning that when you die, you check in with Peter. Yet, that's NOT what the scripture says. Read it again. Jesus tells him that the Power of Heaven will honor Peter's judgement of those he absolves and grants entrance.

Precedent is thereby set for Peter to have the power of Judgement. That's just Peter, though, right? He's just one man, and God maybe a special provision for him... right?

Wrong.

Later, Jesus is speaking to ALL of the Apostles:

Matthew 18:18 wrote:Amen I say to you, whatsoever you shall bind upon earth, shall be bound also in heaven; and whatsoever you shall loose upon earth, shall be loosed also in heaven

We see the exact same language here. "Whatsoever" is a term without limits, without bounds. It is unequivocal verbiage. ANYTHING that the Apostles choose to loose (forgive) shall be loosed in heaven. ANYTHING. They are given the same power and authority as Peter. They have the ability to judge and to forgive.

Note:
- that the "binding" and "loosing" refers not to physical but to spiritual or moral bonds among which sin is certainly included; the more so because
- the power here granted is unlimited -- "whatsoever you shall bind, . . . whatsoever you shall loose";
- the power is judicial, i.e., the Apostles are authorized to bind and to loose;
- whether they bind or loose, their action is ratified in heaven. In healing the palsied man (Mark 2) Christ declared that "the Son of man has power on earth to forgive sins"; here He promises that what these men, the Apostles, bind or loose on earth, God in heaven will likewise bind or loose

Now, you're about to say - "there's nothing there that says that they can forgive sins, that's YOUR interpretation!" OK, fair enough. Then I'll give you THIS scripture:

John 20:21-23 wrote:As the Father hath sent me, I also send you. When he had said this, he breathed on them; and he said to them: Receive ye the Holy Ghost. Whose sins you shall forgive, they are forgiven them; and whose sins you shall retain, they are retained'

There. God-given power to forgive sins given to humans. Is that enough Biblical precedence to validate that the Catholics' belief in the empowerment of a priest to absolve sin is not "heresy"? God grants the leaders of his Church ("As the Father hath sent me, I also send you.") the power, the authority, and the mandate to forgive sins.

I'm going to go one step further. Your church has declared that the ability to forgive sins is not only untrue but is also heresy. I would say to you then, that your ministers and pastors are guilty of violating the direct spoken will of Christ himself. As leaders of their respective denominations (who all worship God in his three forms, including Christ) they are directly disobeying a mandate given to them by God. Christ sent them to forgive sins... it's right there in the Gospel of John. But your ministers don't do this, instead they're saying that those who practice God's will, as written in the Bible (which is YOUR litmus test it would seem), are blashphemers. I throw it back in your face and say that your Ministers, for violating the Will of God, are sinners and unable leaders.

It is one of a pastor's, minister's, priest's duties to God and his parishioners to forgive sin, and I have shown the Biblical proof that you said doesn't exist. I didn't have to link any Catholic "propaganda" - unless the Bible is now propaganda (no, no.... Vonkaar - leave that alone).
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Langston » Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:26 am

What was the next Catholic practice I need to validate, Mindia? Turns out my appointment this morning was pushed off till Monday. I have time.

edit: I forgot... You will concede before we discuss the next topic. There won't be any ignoring of responses. You either rebutt, or concede or this conversation is over.
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby The Kizzy » Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:14 am

Ugzugz, He wont argue when he knows he is wrong, he will ignore it like he has done so many times in this thread already, or he will answer your question with some weird answer proclaiming he was right although he said nothing of the sort. Im just warning you.
Zanchief wrote:

The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Langston » Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:40 am

By not replying, he concedes by default. Which is just as good.
Mindia wrote:I was wrong obviously.
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby The Kizzy » Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:41 am

He will never admit it.
Zanchief wrote:

The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Langston » Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:43 am

/shrug

He'll know. I'll know. Everyone else will know. He doesn't have to admit it.
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby ValanthaStormweaver » Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:44 am

Ugzugz.....though I think you are an ass a lot of the time.....I just have to say this. You are so good at layin the ownage on Mindia it's not even funny!!!

PS--Mindia, you just got :owned:
ValanthaStormweaver
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby The Kizzy » Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:51 am

I would like to declare Mindia a loser. There were valid points made, and while he did surf the biard and this forum, he never responded.

UGZUGZ wins
Zanchief wrote:

The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Spacewoman Spiff » Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:04 am

At least give him time to formulate his response. If he's anything like Diabolik, he's typing a short novel and re-reading it 50 times to make sure it's perfect before unleashing it on the internet. :grin:

:settles in with some coffee and poptarts to enjoy the ensuing show:
:lourdes:
Spacewoman Spiff
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Langston » Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:11 am

More likely, he's scrambling through all of his anti-Catholic websites looking for a rebuttal.
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby vonkaar » Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:37 am

Ugzugz wrote:More likely, he's scrambling through all of his anti-Catholic websites looking for a rebuttal.

Just like you stole straight from various pro-catholic sites for your argument? =p
http://www.ourcatholicfaith.org/sacraments/penance.html

Give credit where it's due! Asshole plagiarist!
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Langston » Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:40 am

Actually, no. I "stole" from http://www.newadvent.org - and the only thing I "stole" was the 4 bullet points.

Happy?
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Spacewoman Spiff » Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:41 am

I can see Ugzug shaking his fist at the computer, going "I'll get you, Vonkaar! Grumble!"
:lourdes:
Spacewoman Spiff
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Langston » Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:43 am

Actually, no. I already posted direct quotes from Newadvent.org. I would think it could be assumed that I did use reference material to develop my response... just as I suspect that Mindia would as well. I have no problems with Vonkaar digging through the websites looking for corrolations between my post and the various websites out there - it will help him to become better educated, too.
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Langston » Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:45 am

Actually... looking at that website you linked, Vonkaar, and comparing to the site I used... one of them plagiarized from the other... it's nearly word-for-word.
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tacks » Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:48 am

Religious fuckheads not thinking for themselves? NO WAY!
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Langston » Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:52 am

Well, frankly, the information on the site is incredibly good. Very thorough and cross-referenced. It's a researchers wet-dream for a website. Why someone should go to all of the work of RE-researching to this depth is beyond me.

If you see that as a source for ridicule, that's your deal.
Langston
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby vonkaar » Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:54 am

Not at all, I picked on Lyion for doing the same... if I read a really well written post, I grab a quote and google it... I often find it written elsewhere =p.

Just fucking with you. And... I don't need any further education on the matter... I'm already a fucking god on religion. ALL religions.

But... I'm a fucking demon.
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

PreviousNext

Return to Namelesstavern's Finest