Sinead O'Conner...old news, but....

Let's throw things at them!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Postby The Kizzy » Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:55 pm

Hi Taxx!!! :boots:
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Project DARC » Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:57 pm

ralfmacchio wrote:I'll summon the peanut butter!

fixed.
Project DARC
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby DangerPaul » Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:43 pm

Taxx wrote:What the fuck...
DangerPaul
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Jimmy Durante » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:12 pm

Tossica wrote:This is hilarious! I played EQ for like 40 hours a week for a few years and if any fucking wizard or elf sent me a tell saying they were in love with me or wanted to know what color my underwear were etc, I would have laughed in their faces. I just cannot comprehend having romantic feelings for a fucking cartoon in a video game! Hahaha. I have no problems with internet dating etc but to actually meet and fall in love with someone while pretending to be a wizard is so fucking disturbing... I have made some great friends via EQ but romance? Give me a break... if you don't make arrangements to meet the person you are "falling in love" with like soon after you start talking, you are totally setting yourself up to take it up the hoop.

Wow.

I made a post about this on the old NT a while back, IIRC. There's a collossal difference between using Match.com or what have you to meet the opposite gender (or the same one, if you bat for that team) and socially inept cretins "falling in love" over text based sweet nothings.
Jimmy Durante
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Insanityfair » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:35 pm

If you happen to end up liking a guy/girl you meet in a game, so what? Least that person is more likely to understand your gaming addiction and possible lack of attention towards them when playing, where as normal people would kick some of us to the curb. :wink:
Insanityfair
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Tossica » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:44 pm

Insanityfair wrote:If you happen to end up liking a guy/girl you meet in a game, so what?

Because they may or may not even be the actual sex they claim to be... Chat, flirt, have fun etc but if you invest yourself emotionally in to a relationship based only on chat from a video game, you are emotionally and most likely socially weak. I don't understand why someone would want to invest time in such a cold, anonymous social outlet when there are REAL LIFE people, just outside your door. People you can actually see, touch, go out to eat, drink with etc. If you are that lonely, turn the fucking PC off and get out and meet some people.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby kaharthemad » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:12 pm

Tossica wrote:I don't understand why someone would want to invest time in such a cold, anonymous social outlet when there are REAL LIFE people, just outside your door.

cause it is easier to pick up a date online if you look like that.
kaharthemad
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Insanityfair » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:20 pm

Tossica wrote:
Insanityfair wrote:If you happen to end up liking a guy/girl you meet in a game, so what?

Because they may or may not even be the actual sex they claim to be... Chat, flirt, have fun etc but if you invest yourself emotionally in to a relationship based only on chat from a video game, you are emotionally and most likely socially weak. I don't understand why someone would want to invest time in such a cold, anonymous social outlet when there are REAL LIFE people, just outside your door. People you can actually see, touch, go out to eat, drink with etc. If you are that lonely, turn the fucking PC off and get out and meet some people.

Tossica...you're almost right outside my door! :rofl:

And Kahar....I don't look like that! :(
Insanityfair
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby kaharthemad » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:29 pm

i was pointing out that alot of time those people who see fit to pick up people over text and not actually meeting them have a tendency to look ugly or nasty as far as a stereo type.

If someone you are cybering with creates a display in your mind of a guy that looks like Bendon Fraiser and you find out he does in fact looks like Brendon, after cosmetic surgery via a speeding bus you would most likely not talk to them again.

You look at alot of people out there that have met online without going thru the rigours of actually face to face chatting and see which ones are still together after they meet. The odds are someone lied about what they look like.

Regardless if women say "it is never about looks' that is a bunch of bullshit. Just the same goes for males. Looks might not be on the top five but they are there. It is in our genes. There are so few people that do not look at outside appearance I could probably count on one hand...

Ray Charles
Stevie Wonder
etc

To be honest yes me and Martrae met because of the interent but I had no interest in her till we met in person at a IRC Gathering. (Yes, we are that old)
kaharthemad
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby kaharthemad » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:32 pm

FYI that was a random pic I stripped off the internet this is not anyone I know.
kaharthemad
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Gypsiyee » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:40 pm

Chable and I met in EQ, and honestly I think the way we went about it was better than an online dating service. I think it's a bit riskier to go into online dating 'looking for love' - you can get hurt a lot easier that way, and you also can get into that mindset of everyone is THE ONE, so you're going to escalate these people onto a pedastal and then they're total nasty ass douchebags.

Chable and I never intended to fall for each other.. we were friends for 3 years, then I met him in Chicago at a FF and got a crush on him.. then we met again in Vegas, then I came up here and stayed with him a while, and I moved here. Things have worked out really well, and I wouldn't change it for the world. Happier than I've ever been, and as such I'm not going to be ashamed to admit that I met the man I love online. I wasn't in love with the iksar, I don't think lizards get more tail.. I just fell for him.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Jimmy Durante » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:42 pm

In addition to what Tossica and Kahar stated, keep in mind there are behavioral nuances people exhibit which need to be considered in addition to looks and personality. The way someone smiles, carries themselves, laughs, looks at you and so forth can either turn you off or draw you to them. It's the subtle personal traits that make a world of a difference, which is why I struggle to see how people can connect romantically without meeting in person. :dunno:
Jimmy Durante
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Darcler » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:58 pm

I talked with Gidan the other day. When we started talking, neither of us had much of a romantic connection at all. He was coming to meet a friend. The romantic connection never started for me until he came here. I knew what he looked like, sounded like beforehand, it was the way he carried himself, the way he was so confident that I liked.
Jimmy is correct.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby The Kizzy » Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:31 pm

Gypsiyee wrote:Chable and I met in EQ, and honestly I think the way we went about it was better than an online dating service. I think it's a bit riskier to go into online dating 'looking for love' - you can get hurt a lot easier that way, and you also can get into that mindset of everyone is THE ONE, so you're going to escalate these people onto a pedastal and then they're total nasty ass douchebags.

Chable and I never intended to fall for each other.. we were friends for 3 years, then I met him in Chicago at a FF and got a crush on him.. then we met again in Vegas, then I came up here and stayed with him a while, and I moved here. Things have worked out really well, and I wouldn't change it for the world. Happier than I've ever been, and as such I'm not going to be ashamed to admit that I met the man I love online. I wasn't in love with the iksar, I don't think lizards get more tail.. I just fell for him.

How come I went to Chicago AND Las Vegas Fan Faire's and I don't remember seeing you two. Were you too cool to hang with the Nameless people?
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby araby » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:30 pm

I'm pretty t'ed off that she hasn't sent me a bull body shot yet.
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Gypsiyee » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:36 pm

I know I saw you Kizzy, I just think you probably don't remember me. I briefly said hi to you when I was with Erodalak at both, but you didn't really know who I was QQ. Chable wasn't in Chicago for very long, just on that Friday night, then he drove back home. In Vegas he was there the whole time, but really he was never very sociable online to avoid drama so he didn't really talk to anyone except people who he knew from CT. Most of the nameless people that went, from what I recall, I didn't know very well.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby mofish » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:43 pm

Its all about how you approach the situation. Shiraz had met my childhood friend, quixen, in real life before we ever started chatting in EQ. You can totally find someone in EQ, or anywhere online. But you have to be cautious. Someone that claims to be in love with someone else, never having met them in person, is lying to themselves. It just isnt possible. Shiraz and I just took it slow and easy, no expectations. We decided to visit each other, and then it went from there. I am firmly convinced that you cannot know a person from their online persona, ever. The pathetic psychopaths, like Pikku, in this thread, prove it.
You were right Tikker. We suck.
mofish
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Gypsiyee » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:03 pm

I dono yo, I knew I loved Shiraz early on!
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby kaharthemad » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:01 pm

true gypsiyee but your friend would have been honest and said "he has a third eye growing on a stalk on his head." so in fact she/he knew somewhat of what you looked like
kaharthemad
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Gypsiyee » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:35 pm

he knew what I looked like from pictures sure, but people can post fake pictures too (Hi Pikku, you donkey raping shit eater you) to be as convincing as possible.

I've been on both sides of the fence, really.. I was in a similar situation where I felt that someone and I clicked really well, and being young and foolish I packed up my bags and went to stay with him. On my side, things didn't really click too well in person, and I ended up fucking up a great friendship. He wasn't unattractive, in fact he was a really good looking guy - great personality, would've moved the earth for me. He was a great person, I just didn't feel right about it, and I sincerely regret hurting someone who was a completely true blue person.. those types of people are hard to find, and I fucked up good.

It isn't always about looks - there are plenty of people who don't necessarily factor that in. Anyone who says looks don't matter at all is a liar, of course.. because no one wants to go to bed with someone they aren't attracted to - but someone you really fall for over time can also become a lot more attractive the harder you fall for them.

It's a hit or miss situation, really.. and after I fucked up the first situation I learned to never count my eggs before they hatch and assume you have something when all of the pieces aren't even out of the puzzle box yet. Like I said, Chable and I were just friends with no intention of becoming more until we met a couple times.. I'd never condone falling in love over the internet when its strictly text - it simply isn't possible and is more often than not fascination and simply being grateful that someone is there to listen to you and who seems to understand you. It has to click in RL before anything should be seriously considered.
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby labbats » Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:36 am

You've Got Mail
labbats
Mr. Ed
Mr. Ed

Postby Gargamellow » Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:44 am

I fell in love with a high elf chic. (Virra was the original Arcantis until he knocked up this whore he was dating and sold his account for baby stuff.)

I also had feelings for a euridite (Did I spell that right?), until they made his HEAD INCREDIBLY LARGE!

There isn't a dark elf on the planet that I don't want to see naked.
Gargamellow
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby DangerPaul » Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:51 am

Gargamellow wrote:I fell in love with a high elf chic. (Virra was the original Arcantis until he knocked up this whore he was dating and sold his account for baby stuff.)

I also had feelings for a euridite (Did I spell that right?), until they made his HEAD INCREDIBLY LARGE!

There isn't a dark elf on the planet that I don't want to see naked.

You are so fucking mentally troubled. I hope to god this is just a joke, and if it isn't, I seriously believe you need to rent a gun and buy a bullet and shoot yourself in the face.
DangerPaul
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Gargamellow » Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:53 am

Don't fight it, baby. I been masturbating to that jester for years now.
Gargamellow
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Simollardes » Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:37 pm

so ya this post is really funny,

but anyone find it ironic the pope went to the hospital today?
Simollardes
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

PreviousNext

Return to Namelesstavern's Finest